of 3

2014-09-20 3:57 PM
in reply to: sheesleeva

User image

Expert
Bradenton, Florida
Subject: RE: Who's at fault?
Originally posted by sheesleeva

The riders 100%. you know it is a friendly race. you know there are no pass zones. you know lots of slower people. you know it is congested. then WHY are you racing it if you are going to be upset that it is exactly as advertised? chewing out the RD is ridiculous. the ego that wants to show everyone how fast he is but actually isn't so races a race with this set up is even more ridiculous.

I feel your response deserves a reply so here goes:

The riders 100% - Thank you, I agree.

you know it is a friendly race - I have now competed in all 4 years of this race and not until the morning of this last race did I ever hear it's a "friendly race"

you know there are no pass zones - Again, see the above. This was not mentioned until race morning and it would have closed 30% of the course.

you know lots of slower people - Because of limited space on the island, this race is capped at 700 participants, I would think that the bell curve for FOP vs. MOP vs. BOP is the same as any other sprint distance race of equal numbers. This is not a designated beginner or geriatric event.

you know it is congested - Yes, but so are most sprint triathlons I've been to.

then WHY are you racing it if you are going to be upset that it is exactly as advertised? - See answer #1, this was not what was advertised or what I paid for. It is an event that has become a mini-destination race for me and my family. My wife and I are both teachers and it is nice to have something to look forward to after the start of the school year. The location of the race is an island paradise and the resort is amazing.

chewing out the RD is ridiculous - I did email the RD with my concerns and included the same 2 video clips, but never, in any way chewed out the RD.

the ego that wants to show everyone how fast he is but actually isn't so races a race with this set up is even more ridiculous - Not sure how to respond to this statement. I thought the purpose of signing up for a race was to see how fast you can go? Although I haven't been able to do it, my goal every year is to beat my time from the last year. I know my limitations, at 6'5" - 280 lbs. I am not a runner, but I will go as hard and fast as I possibly can in the water and on the bike, so if that makes me an ego, or not actually fast, you may want to look around at your next race, because everyone there has an ego.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's at fault? Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Was it my fault I fell or the driver

Started by deadman
Views: 2094 Posts: 22

2014-09-20 6:28 PM keyone

Swim collision.. Who's at fault? Pages: 1 2

Started by mallen4574
Views: 2344 Posts: 34

2012-02-10 2:32 PM Patrick E

Eating My Words, It's all Kathy G's fault or Never say Never Pages: 1 2

Started by TriToy
Views: 1928 Posts: 31

2008-06-10 11:11 AM TriToy

I'm pretty sure this is y'all's fault...

Started by enders_shadow
Views: 1241 Posts: 17

2007-05-23 2:50 PM firstnet911

Nutrition, rest - or just my own fault...

Started by AusVirgin
Views: 513 Posts: 2

2005-10-26 10:56 AM SMUJD