Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » BARRELMAN Half Iron - WHAT AN EVENT Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-22 6:37 AM

User image

Subject: BARRELMAN Half Iron - WHAT AN EVENT
Good morning John and crew

I would like to thank you for making this day for all of us an event to remember
It was a first for me (half-iron distance) and I am glad I was able to do it through MultiSport Canada

Thank you to the volunteers, cheer crew, the band, and athletes

Also thank you to the 'weather gods' who came through for us once again or this event

See you all next year and thank you for putting on wonderful events all summer long

'Remember to train smart and control only what you can control'

Jean -

2014-09-22 10:10 AM
in reply to: JTTRIHRD

Veteran
London, Ontario
Subject: RE: BARRELMAN Half Iron - WHAT AN EVENT
Thank you Jean!

It has been 4 years in the making and it seems from comments at the Finish yesterday, in the park after the race and on social media we were able to deliver the race I had envisioned.

Thank you for entering an independent half and joining in the fun.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » BARRELMAN Half Iron - WHAT AN EVENT Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Peterborough Half-iron: It's hot, but it's a really humid heat

Started by AHare
Views: 1152 Posts: 3

2011-07-11 7:00 AM crmorton

Pro Lime-Up In Welland Half Iron Triathlon

Started by John Salt
Views: 1015 Posts: 1

2011-06-22 8:53 PM John Salt

Welland Half Iron Weekend and Tri Du Entry Update

Started by John Salt
Views: 981 Posts: 1

2011-06-21 8:04 AM John Salt

Welland Half Iron 2011

Started by parichitb
Views: 2497 Posts: 14

2011-07-01 10:47 AM mgalanter

Montreal Half Iron Distance

Started by jamiemutton1
Views: 993 Posts: 4

2010-08-30 3:38 PM tabbs
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2014
author : leighdodd
comments : 0
My issue is that I am currently deployed and training outside is proving difficult, especially on the bike. I have found a safe 10km running loop but I am struggling with the bike training.

date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.
date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : July 3, 2006
author : mrakes1
Although you can receive all of your vitamins and minerals through foods eaten in the diet, nutritional products used for training may not allow you to meet recommendations on a daily basis.

date : January 29, 2006
author : sl2302
I just had a couple of problems, I could count the number of triathlons I had contested at zero. Secondly, I could count on one hand the number of times I had been swimming in the last 17 years.
date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.

date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
comments : 40
This half Ironman plan covers many weeks of challenging, but attainable training for someone who has some endurance experience, and ideally some Olympic distance races within the past season.