General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trainer Road on Ipad Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-24 3:11 PM

Subject: Trainer Road on Ipad
anyone here part of the testing or tried the new IoS trainer road app? Curious how it is working.
Joe

2014-09-25 8:42 AM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Trainer Road on Ipad
I tried really hard to get into the Beta. heir initial group that they took were using bluetooth to communicate with Trainerroad. I was using ANT+ and they were waiting on that group. I too would like to hear how its going for any testers.
2014-09-25 11:18 AM
in reply to: trisuppo

User image

Originally posted by trisuppo

I tried really hard to get into the Beta. heir initial group that they took were using bluetooth to communicate with Trainerroad. I was using ANT+ and they were waiting on that group. I too would like to hear how its going for any testers.

We'll be picking another big batch of testers soon!

-Trevor from TrainerRoad
2014-09-25 6:13 PM
in reply to: #5053637

So how will traineroad work on iPad? Will I need an ANT+ dongle for the iPad to work with my sensors?
2014-09-26 8:37 AM
in reply to: trevorderuise

User image

Master
Originally posted by trevorderuise

Originally posted by trisuppo

-Trevor from TrainerRoad

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still signed up as interested in the Beta program. I assume you will pick from that group. I can say to anyone reading this thread that the customer service anbd level of communication I received from the team at Trainerroad has been exceptional.

I've started coopting my daughters laptop so I can do some rides and its a great product. Can't wait to see it on the iPad.
2014-09-28 12:44 AM
in reply to: trisuppo

Oops started this trhead and did not see any post for a few days..so I left.

My interest is using the Ipad as I now use the KK inRide on the Ipad. However I think I would enjoy the trainer road. If I am correct I can take a workout from the bike program here and setup the Trainerroad to do that workout. Then all I have to do is peddle and watch the green line. I can skip the "thinking when to change pace" and think about forma nd whatever concert I am watching on the big screen.

If I choose not to follow a routine from this site, I can just pick a trainer road program. It may not be correct trraining, but some of my rides are based around what I am watching. Usally saturday mornings after work, if it's a Eric Clapton Cross roads show, I need a longer ride. The option of having different rides already for the trainer is very appealing

I just don't see myself going out and buyung a mac laptop for the program. I bought the Ipad mini just for the inRide so I did not have to use the wife's or daughters Ipad.

Joe

2014-09-29 9:59 AM
in reply to: trevorderuise

User image

Extreme Veteran

-Trevor from TrainerRoad

PICK ME!
2014-10-01 3:50 PM
in reply to: TriTampa2

User image

Originally posted by TriTampa2

So how will traineroad work on iPad? Will I need an ANT+ dongle for the iPad to work with my sensors?

You can use the BT directly on the iPad, or you can get a dongle to use ANT+. From here, it's very similar to the desktop experience.

-Trevor from TrainerRoad
2014-10-01 3:51 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Originally posted by Puppetmaster

My interest is using the Ipad as I now use the KK inRide on the Ipad. However I think I would enjoy the trainer road. If I am correct I can take a workout from the bike program here and setup the Trainerroad to do that workout. Then all I have to do is peddle and watch the green line. I can skip the "thinking when to change pace" and think about forma nd whatever concert I am watching on the big screen.

If I choose not to follow a routine from this site, I can just pick a trainer road program. It may not be correct trraining, but some of my rides are based around what I am watching. Usally saturday mornings after work, if it's a Eric Clapton Cross roads show, I need a longer ride. The option of having different rides already for the trainer is very appealing

I just don't see myself going out and buyung a mac laptop for the program. I bought the Ipad mini just for the inRide so I did not have to use the wife's or daughters Ipad.

Joe

Exactly, you can ride any of the TR workouts from the website or build your own and use it on iOS.

-Trevor from TrainerRoad
2014-10-01 6:39 PM
in reply to: 0

Originally posted by Puppetmaster

Joe

Exactly, you can ride any of the TR workouts from the website or build your own and use it on iOS.

-Trevor from TrainerRoad

Great, so now all I have to do is wait for full release

Edited by Puppetmaster 2014-10-01 6:40 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trainer Road on Ipad Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Trainer Road on an Unsupported Trainer

Started by guitarfrk75
Views: 1511 Posts: 6

2013-02-21 10:34 AM reidweber

Converting Trainer time to road time

Started by southwestmba
Views: 1342 Posts: 13

2006-08-30 10:27 AM runnergirl29

Trainer vs. Road

Started by Opus
Views: 1178 Posts: 10

2006-03-31 8:01 PM xterratri

road kill on a trainer

Started by trirn
Views: 997 Posts: 3

2005-02-17 11:28 AM clflgrl

Avg speed on road -vs- trainer?

Started by CptnJackSparrow
Views: 1222 Posts: 3

2004-11-29 10:43 AM Machiavelo
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 26, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
If you are a person who feels safer on the trails rather than the road, but you still want to race, this article will help you better train.

date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : January 27, 2011
author : Mark Sunderland
The no-excuses guide to riding outdoors in snow, wind, ice and darkness. Bring it on!
date : April 20, 2009
I'm considering a road frame buildup, what considerations should I take into account when swapping all of my components from my current setup to a new frame?

date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.
date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.