General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Chatt 2015 sellout Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-10-02 12:37 PM
in reply to: LukeBoswell

User image

Subject: RE: IM Chatt 2015 sellout

Originally posted by LukeBoswell I swam it in 1:01 with no wetsuit, which was about 15 min faster than expected. That hill across the river crushed me on the run. But, first Ironman and I made it, so I'm not compaining.

Whoooah - no-one mentioned hills on the run!

i couldn't be doing with that after all the cycling.  I can just about live with hills on the bike safe in the knowledge that I'll get payout on the resulting downhill but there's no such trade off on the run.

IM Copenhagen had some ramps (not longer than 30 yards) and they were crippling enough.

2014-10-02 1:20 PM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Champion
MA

Originally posted by gotbitten
Originally posted by KathyG

Swim current will change from year to year as it does for other river swims. When they do up and back swim, it could be like IM China one year they had big numbers not make the swim as current was so strong people couldn't make forward progress. Augusta has been faster some years than others.

Mother nature and damn officials control the current not WTC.

Vibe on line yesterday was so negative about short swim...it wasn't short it was just fast. IMFL is not downhill bike, actually IMMD is flatter bike.

When conditions are horrible athletes love to brag about how tough they were to complete or compete in an event. When conditions are better, why do folks want to poke fun at those who competed and try to belittle the accomplishment. From year to year no course is exactly the same as conditions effect athletes with wind, rain, snow, heat, cold, humidity, ect. On any given day those out there

Congrats to all the finishers yesterday!

hey, didn't you do IMLP when it was a monsoon the entire race?

Yes I did. I seem to do races when we have horrible weather. Know you are safe as I'm no longer racing.

2014-10-03 6:15 AM
in reply to: Dan-L

User image

Originally posted by Dan-L

Originally posted by LukeBoswell I swam it in 1:01 with no wetsuit, which was about 15 min faster than expected. That hill across the river crushed me on the run. But, first Ironman and I made it, so I'm not compaining.

Whoooah - no-one mentioned hills on the run!

i couldn't be doing with that after all the cycling.  I can just about live with hills on the bike safe in the knowledge that I'll get payout on the resulting downhill but there's no such trade off on the run.

IM Copenhagen had some ramps (not longer than 30 yards) and they were crippling enough.

oh yeah - there were hills...about the last 4 miles of the run loop (it was a 2 loop run course) was all hills - my GPS showed about 1100 over the 26 miles, all peaking at those 4
2014-10-03 6:28 AM
in reply to: Dan-L

User image

Expert
Muncie, IN
I too am a swimmer first and I find your comment offensive. I would love for the swim to be longer, but it is not. I signed up 13 months ago and worked for more than a year for this race. I have no control over the current in the river. "Joke"? 144.6 miles is no joke.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Chatt 2015 sellout Rss Feed  

of 2