General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Setting goals high Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-08 11:47 AM

Subject: Setting goals high
Hi,

I'm new guy on triathlon track! In last few months i've finished some triathlons for everybody and I was quite good... so next stop is few Ironmans in 2015 and goal is World championship Kona in 2016!

I'm 1,80m, 77kg... licensed lifeguard, avid kiteboarder, soccer and MTB fan!

Working a lot on swimming tehnique, because i think this is my biggest flaw.

I'm training almost every day and i'm affraid to get to that point, my body will be to exausted! How do you know when you're reaching this?

I need an opinion or even better nutrition plan...i've talked with some pro condition coach and he said, well he told me that i need to put my focus on some special carbohydrates?? which one do you reccomend?

Do you think my goal is reachable?!

edit: I checked out some training plas...a lot of them are reccomending more than one discipline a day! I would rather do it seperatley and more intense??

regards,G

Edited by gapi90 2014-10-08 11:58 AM

2014-10-08 2:06 PM
in reply to: gapi90

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Setting goals high
Do you want to qualify for Kona? That's going to be a tough goal. Is it doable? That is really a tough question to answer. You will have to be completely dedicated to training and focusing on your body and conditioning.

In order to get in the volume of training you will need to compete in your age group you will probably have to train more than once per day.

What triathlons have you completed? What were your times?
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Setting goals high Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Goals, goals and more goals.

Started by alwaysmore
Views: 693 Posts: 4

2014-10-02 2:18 PM Nick B

HELP I want to set goals!

Started by aspiringtrigirl
Views: 656 Posts: 4

2005-12-08 2:19 PM McFuzz

Set the goal!

Started by bippy227
Views: 780 Posts: 6

2005-08-11 3:39 PM bippy227

Setting an achievable goal

Started by Alibaba
Views: 1053 Posts: 5

2003-11-05 2:14 AM Chris Tree

Set a big goal...now I need big help

Started by Irongirl
Views: 1487 Posts: 11

2003-10-08 10:22 PM Irongirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 16, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
Road cyclists tend to have a higher cadence than triathletes. Why is this? Is it bad?

date : September 9, 2010
author : jasongootman
comments : 0
From simple time-trial testing or past performance, you can appropriately set your race goals for your upcoming races.
date : April 8, 2010
author : Team BT
Create goals to help you train and lose weight. Our logger will automatically update your goals.

date : March 20, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 1
Making goals achievable is an important part of reaching our end goal. Also, having a bar that is set high is important, so we are always striving for something better.
date : January 29, 2006
author : mikericci
Setting goals for your triathlon season is important if you want to improve upon where you are and how you raced last year.

date : March 3, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 1
Configure your log settings to get the most out of your training log.