General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What music do you train with? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-10-13 11:07 PM
in reply to: Blastman

User image

Master
Bellevue, WA
Subject: RE: What music do you train with?

Originally posted by Blastman  After washing and killing 2 iPods, I gave up running with music and I actually enjoy it now 

My AudioFlood waterproof shuffle has been washed once and it's still going strong.  Love it.  I use it for pool laps so it normally stays in my locker at the club, but I brought it home to charge it and left it in my the cargo pocket of my shorts. 

I occasionally run outside without music, or just turn it off for a while.  Indoors, it's reading on a Kindle or watching TV /movies on Netflix or DVD.  Commercials are even worse when you're stuck on a treadmill or trainer.

2014-10-13 11:37 PM
in reply to: #5059302

User image

Iowa City, Iowa
This year I began my purist running (no music) and it's going quite well. However, I used to listen to dubstep and punk music exclusively. I have also had my wife put a few funny tracks on my playlists to make it fun (for example she put some spice girls songs on there). You could give that a try but my music recommendation would be dubstep.
2014-10-14 6:26 AM
in reply to: ChemNerd23

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Almost never listen to anything except whatever sounds of nature I can hear above the whine of the motorbikes. Lots of froggy sex harumphs in the early morning during rainy season, sometims birds. I've never had the habit of running to music and didn't for over 30 years. After I got into tri I started using my MP 3 on the bike trainer. For some reason I sometimes take it with me during brick runs--it's very hot by that time of the morning and a little music helps me get through it. I almost always listen to Hawaiian music. It's not a Kona fixation--I lived in Hawaii for two years (for grad school) and developed a taste for modern Hawaiian music--I return whenever I can and add to my collection. My favorite is a group called Hapa.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What music do you train with? Rss Feed  

of 2