General Discussion Triathlon Talk » hamstring cramps Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-15 9:18 AM

New user
Subject: hamstring cramps
For the past several years I have suffered from excruciating hamstring cramps--the kind that make me fall down in a heap of pain and cause my hamstring to be very sore for days after. I've tried extra stretching, massages, hydrating until clear urine is coming out of my ears, potassium rich foods and supplements....... I am doing my third IM in a week and a half and right now my hamstrings are a mess--sore, tight, cramping too often. I'm desperate. Is there anything I haven't tried?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » hamstring cramps Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

1 week post race hamstring cramping???

Started by in2deep
Views: 789 Posts: 1

2010-11-21 10:11 PM in2deep

Quads and Hamstring Cramps...Help

Started by wright63
Views: 920 Posts: 2

2008-10-01 7:03 PM Aikidoman

hamstring cramping

Started by allenwest
Views: 656 Posts: 1

2006-05-02 8:18 PM allenwest

Cramping hamstring. What to do?

Started by David14
Views: 771 Posts: 2

2005-10-10 8:02 PM Dr Hammer

Hamstring/Glut pain

Started by mikecswat
Views: 1575 Posts: 4

2005-01-05 12:50 PM auto208562
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 24, 2014
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I am constantly tinkering with my bike setup but in the morning, my fingertips can just barely touch my kneecaps upon bending forward. Should I stretch my hamstrings?

date : January 17, 2012
comments : 0
Pain in the hamstring region can be very frustrating and challenging for triathletes - healing may take several weeks and there are many factors that may complicate the eventual outcome.
date : April 14, 2010
I have been having a right hamstring issue over the last four weeks or so. I'm pretty sure I just pulled it pretty good but would like some advice. How long does it take for it to completely heal?

date : May 25, 2009
I strained my left hamstring over two years ago and thought I had gotten past it. Yesterday, it hampered me quite a bit and it felt like it was on the edge of giving out again.
date : September 17, 2007
Muscle cramps occur in 67% of triathletes. This article discusses several theories on the causes of cramps and what to do if you get one and how to prevent cramps.

date : May 21, 2007
comments : 2
Not all cramping is training-related. The causes of muscle cramping and the diagnosis of restless leg syndrome including some medical and non-medical treatments.
date : April 11, 2007
This is a “hip-butt” injury, which describes the location of the insertion of the hamstring tendon at the base of the pelvis on the ischial tuberosity very well. They are difficult to treat.

date : July 3, 2006
As we enter the summer months of training and racing it seems reasonable to discuss issues around heat illness: what is it, how do we recognize it, what can we do about it, and how do we prevent it.