General Discussion Triathlon Talk » affiliatespam??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-16 1:58 PM

User image

Subject: affiliatespam???
Hi Everyone,

I have a friend who is trying to sell me on affiliatespam and I wanted to get everyone's prespective on how effective affiliatespam is for endurance. My goals for the winter months is to build a strong running base. This is by far my weakest link and I really struggle with my fitness level by the time I get to the run. So with that said I am 1. Looking to lean down about 5 or maybe 10 lbs. 2. Build my fitness base up as much as possible.3. Help with my energy level.

So I guess my quesiton would be is the $130 a MONTH really worth it? Overall, I am very busy so the idea of just adding water is pretty appealing. However, it also seems like alot of people dont like the taste, so they end up adding a bunch of stuff anyway which I am already doing when i do make protein shakes.

The other option from Beachbody is a challenge packet - so that is 30 days of workouts (P90x, T25 etc) and 30 days of affiliatespam for $160. I dont know I am torn! Any thoughts on if you have used this product would be great or just some ideas on a good breakfast optoin or after workout option would be appreciated!

Thanks BTers.

2014-10-16 2:16 PM
in reply to: Nvmiller

User image

Subject: RE: affiliatespam???
I don't think it's all that great. It's very expensive and it really doesn't taste all that great. I think you'd be better off just finding a protein powder that you actually like - if that's what you want for breakfast.

As far as what I would recommend for breakfast...I find that a bagel with cream cheese keeps me fullest the longest (I think I'm weird in that respect). You could make your self an "egg mcmuffin" - eggs, slice of bacon/ham, english muffin, maybe cheese. I've even gone so far to make them in advance for the week and heat them up and they still tasted pretty good. Oatmeal made with milk is also a good option!
2014-10-16 4:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Calgary
Don't do it.
Eat food.
2014-10-17 9:47 AM

User image

Champion

Nvmiller - it looks like whoever is 'affiliatespam' is on our word filter as they, or somebody working for them, has spammed the forum in the past, that is why your post came out bizarre.  Let me know who it is by using spaces bewteen the letters and I will lift the ban (so you can talk about them).

2014-10-17 11:40 AM
in reply to: #5060594

User image

Sorry about that. It is s h a k e o l o g y

Thanks Nina
2014-10-17 11:42 AM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Am I the only one that thought she actually meant the word "affiliateSpam"?

I figured it was some kind of breakfast meat

2014-10-17 12:50 PM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Originally posted by trijamie

Am I the only one that thought she actually meant the word "affiliateSpam"?

I figured it was some kind of breakfast meat

^^^this
2014-10-17 12:57 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

My first objection is anything sold by a friend is probably part of a pyramid scheme and you're not getting your money's worth.    There are 10 folks getting paid when you place an order, which must have an effect on the bottom line. I'd shop around at the local health food store for a protein powder that you can buy on your own terms, you don't need a subscription. I am not naive enough to think that GNC or whatever isn't making a profit, but this kind of "multi-level marketing" rubs me the wrong way.

You might also want to research different types of protein that you can get and what you're looking for.  Whey, soy, etc.

I personally like to eat food, and don't find straight-up protein shakes that satisfying.   They are ok with ice, but if you're making these on the go with just cold water - yuck.  I do like the smoothies made from protein powder among other things sold at my gym.  

Edited by BikerGrrrl 2014-10-17 12:58 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » affiliatespam??? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

affiliatespam

Started by Nvmiller
Views: 456 Posts: 1

2014-10-16 12:00 PM Nvmiller