Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Swim Instructor/Coach near Oakville Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-21 4:25 PM

Subject: Swim Instructor/Coach near Oakville
Hello

I enjoyed a fun year of triathlons culminating at the Barrelman Tri in Sept. I have a lot to learn and looking to spend the winter learning better swim technique. Any recommendations for an instructor or coach that can help?

Thanks

2015-01-06 1:51 PM
in reply to: Mainer

Subject: RE: Swim Instructor/Coach near Oakville
If you are look Tri Specific swim training then look at a team in Hamilton. Its called TriHart. Webesite is www.trihartriathlon.com.. I think... Look for a website with a big lion as a logo! Lee Hart is the coach and he trains a range of athletes from Elite to Ironman distance. He has a swim background and specializes in swim portion of the multisport. They train at Mcmaster for the most part and plenty of people come from oakville or burlington. Goodluck and let me know how it goes.
2015-03-10 7:43 AM
in reply to: Mainer

Subject: RE: Swim Instructor/Coach near Oakville
I'm way late to the party here, but you might also look for a masters team.... I swim with Oakville Masters, and have cut my swim times down significantly. Tough to get in, though, as there is a waiting list.... so you may want to submit your name early.

Good luck!
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Swim Instructor/Coach near Oakville Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

OTTAWA - Looking for swim partner 7am Plant Bath (Near Booth and Somerset)

Started by waterlogged
Views: 1983 Posts: 3

2009-06-18 7:20 PM aquagirl

Group in Oakville or Mississauga?

Started by sbr7
Views: 717 Posts: 2

2009-04-19 6:59 AM kentiger

Looking for a Tri club in Oakville

Started by Bad Biff
Views: 2940 Posts: 2

2007-11-21 11:14 AM Bopper

Looking for a group to train with in Mississauga/Oakville

Started by sbr7
Views: 2652 Posts: 5

2007-06-25 8:51 AM timber12

Anyone live in Oakville or the surrounding area?

Started by jonow6
Views: 1322 Posts: 10

2007-12-15 9:53 PM Bopper
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.

date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.
comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.

comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.
date : April 2, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on endurance building, bilateral breathing, kick drills with zoomers, tri versus competitive swimming, ramping up for a HIM and swim golf.

date : May 3, 2005
comments : 1
Swimming and golf can both present you with a meditative-like form of exercise that I have found to be both fulfilling and fun!
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
How to choose a coach? A summary of three 'types' of coaches and the pros and cons of each.

date : August 31, 2004
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.