BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-11-20 2:53 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

I realize it's not a whole forest, but, dangit, it's funny.

We've got the sitter for Saturday morning. I'm going to ride/hike come hell or high water (hopefully neither happens, but better hell followed by high water to put out the fires).

I've also just spent an hour looking at my dream house/property...that isn't in AZ :/

Funny!!  Hope you have fun this weekend and that it's not hellaciously hot or raining buckets.  Where is the dream house?

I've been spending too much time on FB today--I caught myself looking for the "like" button! (I'm sort of taking the day off while wrangling our animals for the house painters, not goofing off at work in case anybody was feeling judgmental. )

2014-11-20 2:55 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Drive by posting - Yanti this is for you! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objecti...

Impressive!!  Bet he would have been faster if they were orange.

Ha! I must start giving my crocs more respect than they have been allowed so far as poop-scooping, yard cleaning footwear. (which they are perfect for, btw

2014-11-20 5:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Drive by posting - Yanti this is for you! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11...

Ha! I must start giving my crocs more respect than they have been allowed so far as poop-scooping, yard cleaning footwear. (which they are perfect for, btw

Poop scooping and yard cleaning is all they should be used for and then thongs are a better option.
2014-11-20 5:55 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by StaceyK

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Drive by posting - Yanti this is for you! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objecti...

Poop scooping and yard cleaning is all they should be used for and then thongs are a better option.

'Round these parts, thongs reveal butts, not toes.  Not sure I'd advise wearing a thong to clean your yard unless you're (a) wearing lots of sunscreen, and (b) in a fenced backyard.

2014-11-21 6:25 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Drive by posting - Yanti this is for you! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11...

'Round these parts, thongs reveal butts, not toes.  Not sure I'd advise wearing a thong to clean your yard unless you're (a) wearing lots of sunscreen, and (b) in a fenced backyard.

Ah yes, there flip flops or something stupid like that over there aren't they?
What you call thongs we call G-strings here
2014-11-21 6:53 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Our schedule keeper extraordinaire is away and left us with this:

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events

November 22-23
Deanna - Spa Girl Sprint Triathlon on Saturday
Adrienne (Salty) - Regional Champs XC 6K on Sunday
Randee - Philadelphia Half Marathon 2014 on Sunday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
Ann-Marie - torn rotator cuff. Surgery on 11/20, recovery begins today.
Yanti - Food Poisoning/Sore Throat (Pretty minor stuff given her history!)

Race well and heal up to the whole group.

Please pile on with any racing updates!!!!

2014-11-21 8:57 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Speaking of dogs:

Brave dog saves his owner from a croc!

10370899_10204437870603518_6633458508747108719_n

I am preventing a fashion disaster!

Don't let this one near Yanti and Kingsley!!

That IS a fashion disaster! How could he destroy something so beautiful!

2014-11-21 9:10 AM

User image

Master

I realize it's not a whole forest, but, dangit, it's funny.

We've got the sitter for Saturday morning. I'm going to ride/hike come hell or high water (hopefully neither happens, but better hell followed by high water to put out the fires).

I've also just spent an hour looking at my dream house/property...that isn't in AZ :/

Funny!!  Hope you have fun this weekend and that it's not hellaciously hot or raining buckets.  Where is the dream house?

I've been spending too much time on FB today--I caught myself looking for the "like" button! (I'm sort of taking the day off while wrangling our animals for the house painters, not goofing off at work in case anybody was feeling judgmental. )

Dream house

http://www.trulia.com/property/1078587026-2462-Shady-Oaks-Trl-Maidens-VA-23102#photo-1

Aaaaand....judgmental? Manatees? I believe they are like mermaids and Bigfoot.

2014-11-21 9:11 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Melon Presser

GO DEANNA!!!
GO SALTY!!! You show Fleshman who's boss! Okay, well, at least show her some flesh anyway.
GO RANDEETEE!!!

Get better Gimpies!

I'm OK, just a really tender spot on my jaw (I think from opening it so wide and retching which hurt my neck too). Hopefully it has ZERO connection to the tooth that got hacked out of the bone a few weeks past.

2014-11-21 9:17 AM

User image

Master

Ah yes, there flip flops or something stupid like that over there aren't they? What you call thongs we call G-strings here

I'd show you our difference, but Chris's cheeks would

Three shows makes for a very busy doggy weekend! Are you the only one who shows because you're the only breeder...or no one else is brave enough to try? lol

2014-11-21 9:19 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I'd show you our difference, but Chris's cheeks would

Three shows makes for a very busy doggy weekend! Are you the only one who shows because you're the only breeder...or no one else is brave enough to try? lol

Go ahead, don't mind me, I've seen worse. 

2014-11-21 9:46 AM

User image

Master

Originally posted by cdban66

Racing Manatees!

November 22-23

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Ladies keeping up the race streak... yet again (I realize population percentage favors such things).

Curious if Deanna is actually doing her tri. Sent her a note weeks ago just to check in on her training. Didn't hear back.

Salty and Randee, hope you two have great races!

DL peeps, keep on keepin' on.

2014-11-21 9:57 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!

November 22-23

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Go get um manatees!!Heal up DLers!!Erin, how'd you make it off DL?? Toe all better?
2014-11-21 9:59 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

So I went for a test run Wednesday night, as some of you saw.  Pretty slow, did two ten-minute miles on a treadmill.  The run was low-drama, which was good, though there were a couple times when I was trying to see if sensations in my knee were problematic.  They weren't anything enough to keep me from running.

(On a side note, a girl next to me was doing intervals, so I was trying to figure out what she was doing. Because most people at the gym aren't real runners, you know? I think she was doing 400 repeats.  So once during one of her breaks, I made eye contact and asked if she was dong 400s.  Her headphones were in, and she looked at me, knew that I was talking to her, and totally ignored me.  Well, ok, sorry.  I didn't know I was interfering with your people-barrier at the gym.)

Thursday morning I wake up and my knee is real sore.  Pretty uncomfortable.  It warmed up a bit, but it took the air out of my sails a bit, because I thought I was making real progress (which I might still be).  

PT is progressing, and we're doing more weights to build up strength.  I'll be doing a running for analysis as part of the recovery process (covered by insurance), so that's pretty cool.

I really don't know what to say about the knee. I'll continue with PT, and hopefully the strength work will move me to a point where I can run pain free.

2014-11-21 10:09 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!

November 22-23

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Go get um manatees!!Heal up DLers!!Erin, how'd you make it off DL?? Toe all better?

sssshhhhh! I was trying to get under the radar.

There will be some activity tomorrow morning...hike or bike on the mountain. I've been taping and wearing trail shoes every day. The boot made my whole foot sore, so I scrapped it. No running yet. I've basically become a lazy bum for the last month.

2014-11-21 10:35 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!

November 22-23

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

sssshhhhh! I was trying to get under the radar.

There will be some activity tomorrow morning...hike or bike on the mountain. I've been taping and wearing trail shoes every day. The boot made my whole foot sore, so I scrapped it. No running yet. I've basically become a lazy bum for the last month.

Um, being an IronWife/sherpa/kid wrangler and a cycling coach for future IronMak isn't *exactly* being a lazy bum.  Give yourself a little credit.    Have fun this weekend getting out and enjoying the wilderness.

2014-11-21 10:59 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Racing Manatees!

November 22-23

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Racing manatees, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Deanna, if you're still there, hope you have a fun race!

Salty, see what kinds of signs/loose dogs/other obstacles you can throw Fleshman's/Fleishman's way and have lots of fun!!

Randee, hope you have good weather for your race and like the other WoManatees, that you have a blast!!

DL'ers, (((hugs))) and healing thoughts.

2014-11-21 11:13 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Saw this on cakewrecks.com and it totally made me giggle.

I hate to think what they'd do to make them gendered!!

2014-11-21 11:29 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Saw this on cakewrecks.com and it totally made me giggle.

I hate to think what they'd do to make them gendered!!

Hahaha!
2014-11-21 11:31 AM
in reply to: 0

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by ponderingfox

So I went for a test run Wednesday night, as some of you saw.  Pretty slow, did two ten-minute miles on a treadmill.  The run was low-drama, which was good, though there were a couple times when I was trying to see if sensations in my knee were problematic.  They weren't anything enough to keep me from running.

Hopefully you can keep going as you build up a training load with being active again.

(On a side note, a girl next to me was doing intervals, so I was trying to figure out what she was doing. Because most people at the gym aren't real runners, you know? I think she was doing 400 repeats.  So once during one of her breaks, I made eye contact and asked if she was dong 400s.  Her headphones were in, and she looked at me, knew that I was talking to her, and totally ignored me.  Well, ok, sorry.  I didn't know I was interfering with your people-barrier at the gym.)

Wouldn't make much of it. I do workouts like that on the treadmill at times. Don't end up dealing with chatty people hardly at all since it's in the morning, but it can happen. I wait to respond until I'm ready. I might really need the entire break for that. Talk does actually slow recovery some. I'm not really there for a social time, trying to get the workout in. Something like masters isn't much different. We don't talk much in the rest periods there beyond making sure we're on the same page for the set or getting ourselves in the right order. I've said things to people and been ignored. They've said to me and been ignored. No hard feelings as we know each other needed the air. Chatting was more for before or after the workout. I don't expect any niceties from anyone at the gym other than sharing the equipment. Bonus if it happens, but nothing to be concerned with if it doesn't.

Perhaps the ladies here would know better, but could it also be from the guy asking the girl? I see everyone else as an athlete, but some see it as trying to flirt a bit. Could still be just wanting to get in a workout and go too.

The other day had a lady try saying something while in the middle of one. Thought it was obvious I was going very hard at the time and that I have headphones in. Tapped them to show her I couldn't hear. She tried again. Told her "can't hear". She tried yet again. Said to give me a minute. The instant I hit the 6 mph button to slow down (so technically on my break) she tried again even though I was in the middle of one of those quick bent over gasps for air. Ignored her until I was ready. She said the treadmill sounded funny when I was running. I didn't hear anything and neither did anyone else. Sent a message to gym supervisor (we can talk a lot on things) asking to investigate just to say I did something. He didn't find anything either.

Edited by brigby1 2014-11-21 11:31 AM
2014-11-21 12:25 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by brigby1

Hopefully you can keep going as you build up a training load with being active again.

Wouldn't make much of it. I do workouts like that on the treadmill at times. Don't end up dealing with chatty people hardly at all since it's in the morning, but it can happen. I wait to respond until I'm ready. I might really need the entire break for that. Talk does actually slow recovery some. I'm not really there for a social time, trying to get the workout in. Something like masters isn't much different. We don't talk much in the rest periods there beyond making sure we're on the same page for the set or getting ourselves in the right order. I've said things to people and been ignored. They've said to me and been ignored. No hard feelings as we know each other needed the air. Chatting was more for before or after the workout. I don't expect any niceties from anyone at the gym other than sharing the equipment. Bonus if it happens, but nothing to be concerned with if it doesn't.

Perhaps the ladies here would know better, but could it also be from the guy asking the girl? I see everyone else as an athlete, but some see it as trying to flirt a bit. Could still be just wanting to get in a workout and go too.

The other day had a lady try saying something while in the middle of one. Thought it was obvious I was going very hard at the time and that I have headphones in. Tapped them to show her I couldn't hear. She tried again. Told her "can't hear". She tried yet again. Said to give me a minute. The instant I hit the 6 mph button to slow down (so technically on my break) she tried again even though I was in the middle of one of those quick bent over gasps for air. Ignored her until I was ready. She said the treadmill sounded funny when I was running. I didn't hear anything and neither did anyone else. Sent a message to gym supervisor (we can talk a lot on things) asking to investigate just to say I did something. He didn't find anything either.

I am what I would consider a very "friendly" runner. I wave/nod/etc when running by people.

BUT when I am doing a workout, ESPECIALLY something like 400 repeats which is quite a bit out of my comfort zone (as a distance runner) I am pretty dead to the world. My eyes glaze over and I acknowledge no-one. It's generally not even on purpose, I am just so in the zone I don't notice them. So, there's that.

But also, there is the whole being approached by a dude in the gym thing.This part is more personal, so my perspective will certainly not be everyone's perspective. If I am going to the gym I am there for one purpose and that is my workout.The gym is not a place to socialize for me.  As a female, and particularly as a female who is not interested in men, AND one who isn't single I find it difficult to be friendly and not give a guy the wrong idea. So, I often am a little cold. I don't like this approach but I struggle to find one that doesn't put me in an awkward situation. 

So those are kind of two different things that could be going on, and could be working (to your disadvantage) together. I hate to think that a guy can't just simply be friendly. In fact I don't think that. I just try to avoid potential situations...and perhaps it's something I could work on as well. 

2014-11-21 12:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Good luck Randee and Salty!!  I know a fair amount of folks doing some distance or another at the Philly races this weekend.  I had thought about going to cheer some friends on, but it's been a hella crazy week, so I'm leaning toward not making my week crazier and enjoying a little time at home Sunday.

Heal, DL folks!  Tom, keep being patient with that knee, Yanti, bless your heart, please get better.  Ann-Marie, take notes from Janyne's book and be a good patient, too!  Erin - no more feet injuries, mkay?

Edited by melbo55 2014-11-21 1:15 PM
2014-11-21 12:45 PM

User image

Seattle

Racing Manatees!

November 22-23

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Go Randee! Love the half distance! Enjoy!

And yeah...get it together DL!

2014-11-21 2:17 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by brigby1

I am what I would consider a very "friendly" runner. I wave/nod/etc when running by people.

BUT when I am doing a workout, ESPECIALLY something like 400 repeats which is quite a bit out of my comfort zone (as a distance runner) I am pretty dead to the world. My eyes glaze over and I acknowledge no-one. It's generally not even on purpose, I am just so in the zone I don't notice them. So, there's that.

But also, there is the whole being approached by a dude in the gym thing.This part is more personal, so my perspective will certainly not be everyone's perspective. If I am going to the gym I am there for one purpose and that is my workout.The gym is not a place to socialize for me.  As a female, and particularly as a female who is not interested in men, AND one who isn't single I find it difficult to be friendly and not give a guy the wrong idea. So, I often am a little cold. I don't like this approach but I struggle to find one that doesn't put me in an awkward situation. 

So those are kind of two different things that could be going on, and could be working (to your disadvantage) together. I hate to think that a guy can't just simply be friendly. In fact I don't think that. I just try to avoid potential situations...and perhaps it's something I could work on as well. 

It's fair enough if girls don't want to talk to guys in the gym, I guess.

I think part of me said something because that was the workout I wished I was doing instead of 10 minute miles.

2014-11-21 4:42 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 63229 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42569 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72923 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50621 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25813 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.