General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving past the ironman. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-16 1:38 PM

Subject: Moving past the ironman.
Having racing experience up the the half ironman level and soon to be ironman level. Background is college swimmer so swim is never an issue. However I want to move to longer distances and more fair distances where the time for each is treated equally. The race I found that best fits this is the enduroman Arch to arc. But have no idea how to train for something of this magnitude. Any advice would be appreciate. Would like to do it within next ten years while I'm still young.

2014-11-18 9:25 AM
in reply to: Paulleywalnuts

User image

Master
Bellevue, WA
Subject: RE: Moving past the ironman.

I doubt that BT is the right place to get advice for anything involving a cross channel swim. We can talk about Iron distance all day long with some degree of expertise.

2014-11-18 4:02 PM

User image

Co Louth, Ireland
check out the Enduroman group on facebook (link on their website) - they seem to be very informative and just found the facebook link below to A2A page.

https://www.facebook.com/London2ParisTriathlonEnduromanArch2Arc

Love the sound of this race but well beyond me at the moment!
2014-12-06 9:24 AM

User image

Richland, Washington
Coming from someone that has done a few "longer swims" I don't think BT is going to be the right venue for this kind of information. Best bet is to find a good coach that is knowledgeable in longer races. When I did my "longer swims" I had 2 coaches. 1 for the physical training, 1 for the mental. Finding a coach that is experienced in long races is not easy or cheap. Not trying to discourage you, just trying to explain that the logistics can get a bit interesting. Go check out ultraman, that's a race worth looking into if you're bored of ironman.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moving past the ironman. Rss Feed