General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathletes Don't Smoke!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-06-20 11:03 AM
in reply to: hilltackler

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: Triathletes Don't Smoke!!!!
Originally posted by hilltackler

almost 8 years since I quit smoking. Used the patch and exercised ALOT !!! but the thing that really helped was to use mints after meals and any time I got a craving...seemed to take care of the oral fixation. It's the hardest thing I've ever done - but if I can quit so can you!

That is awsome that you have gone almost 8 years without smoking! Congrats! That's nearly as long ago as when this thread was initially dead!

2013-06-20 11:20 AM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
I try and get a few smokes in at every single race and that would be the dreams, souls and aspirations of others on the course.
2013-06-20 12:02 PM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Good luck with getting off the cigies if you make the choice!

Oddly I just recently saw a guy in the transition area light up twice before a race. At the time I thought he must really be nervous to be smoking but sadly I forgot to get his bid # to see how he did. It did have me thinking I wonder how many people smoke and race so your post got me thinking about it again.
2013-06-20 12:45 PM
in reply to: MLPFS

User image

Master
Originally posted by MLPFS

Good luck with getting off the cigies if you make the choice!

Oddly I just recently saw a guy in the transition area light up twice before a race. At the time I thought he must really be nervous to be smoking but sadly I forgot to get his bid # to see how he did. It did have me thinking I wonder how many people smoke and race so your post got me thinking about it again.

I would truely think that smoking in the transition area should be banned. I would consider it not just impolite but irresponsible.

2013-06-20 1:15 PM
in reply to: JohnnyKay

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii
I congratulate you all on quitting smoking, and those that are trying to quit.

And although a non-smoker, I try to understand the level of addiction that happens. I know it's not at all easy to stop.

I lost my Dad to lung cancer due to smoking, and so it's a passionate subject for me.

Good luck to all of you in your quest to quit.
2013-06-20 1:43 PM
in reply to: pschriver

User image

Concur. I don't know what the rule is there but I would think it's not allowed in the transition area. I am guessing it's not too common but I did have a buddy tell me at a race last year he saw people smoking in the TA and that was a fairly large race. I've only been involved for about 5 years now and that's the only two times I seen or heard so I guess it's isolated.

For me it was more of a check this guy out and a chuckle. Followed up by I guess he shouldn't have bet his friends he could finish one of these. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't get his # cause had he beat me I would've been a little down.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathletes Don't Smoke!!!! Rss Feed  

of 2