General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Schedule: ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Chicago Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-09 2:55 PM

User image

Delco, PA
Subject: Schedule: ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Chicago

Not sure where the original release is from, but I just saw the proposed schedule via the "USAT TeamUSA" Facebook group.  Copied and pasted via Dave Campbell of that group:

Proposed Schedule - ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Chicago 
With the exception of the open age-group race, dates are subject to change.
Date Event 
Sept. 16 Aquathlon World Championships 
Sept. 17 Under-23 World Championships - Women 
Sept. 17 Under-23 World Championships - Men .
Sept. 17 Junior World Championships - Women 
Sept. 18 Junior World Championships - Men 
Sept. 18 Sprint World Championships - Age-Group 
Sept. 18 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final - Elite Women
Sept. 19 Open Age-Group Sprint Race 
Sept. 19 Paratriathlon World Championships 
Sept. 19 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final - Elite Men .
Sept. 20 Standard World Championships - Age-Group

I'm a first-time Worlds qualifier, so I"m not really sure how everything flows throughout that week.  I'm racing in the standard distance age group championships.

I was planning on arriving late Friday night.  Will I be able to do everything (packet pick-up, transition set-up, etc.) on Saturday the 19th, then race on Sunday the 20th?  Or would that be too late for some reason?

Edit: official press release is here: http://www.usatriathlon.org/news/articles/2014/12/120914-chicago-open-age-group-race.aspx

Edited by C_Hassard 2014-12-09 3:04 PM

2014-12-09 8:32 PM
in reply to: C_Hassard

Subject: RE: Schedule: ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Chicago
Ugh, another week with Columbus Drive being shut down. Not very excited about this from a commuting perspective. If they run the same course as 2014, they'll be shutting down LSD daily. It's one thing to shut it down on a weekend in June. . . its entirely another thing to shut it down daily for four straight days after Labor Day in September. And then they'll be shutting down Lower Wacker for multiple days. I guess we've lived with long term closures on that road in the past, but talk abut some really annoyed commuters.

I really hope they've pre-cleared all of this by the city. They had a lot of delays last year and the rumor is that the city kept shooting down their route plans due to traffic concerns. If they got all up in arms about a weekend race, think about what they are going to be saying for several days of races. Honestly, I'm shocked the city agreed to this in the first place. Though I suppose this isn't remotely as bad as the stupidity that surrounded the summer Olympics bid from a few years ago.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Schedule: ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Chicago Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Edmonton ITU Grand Final - Video

Started by simpsonbo
Views: 1210 Posts: 12

2014-09-17 5:00 PM simpsonbo

The 2014 ITU Grand Final / AG worlds sorta "Official Thread"

Started by simpsonbo
Views: 694 Posts: 1

2014-06-24 7:53 PM simpsonbo

ITU London Grand Final

Started by bcagle25
Views: 2835 Posts: 25

2013-09-18 5:12 AM gsmacleod

Hy-Vee ITU World Cup Triathlon: Des Moines

Started by oipolloi
Views: 1102 Posts: 8

2006-12-31 3:14 PM oipolloi

Hamburg triathlon (ITU World Cup)

Started by bambino
Views: 754 Posts: 4

2005-05-08 6:22 PM bambino
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 18, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
BT amateurs compete in San Diego race on the world stage.

date : June 22, 2010
author : jasongootman
Design a triathlon race schedule with the right amount and right types of races to help you peak at the right time.
date : May 19, 2008
author : peteo
Well it is mid-life crisis time. I could get a mistress but I still think my wife is hot. Or I can abuse my body like I was still 19. Triathlon world here I come!!

date : July 17, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you plan for a season? Below, I’ve created a simple five step process to use as a primer for season planning.
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : November 14, 2004
author : czone
At one of my last swim sessions the week of my first Ironman, one of my training partners told me how she was envious..."your first Ironman is fun, you have no pressure and no expectations!"

date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.