General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need Tri Teams and Workout Partners in Western Montana Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-16 9:01 AM

User image

Hamilton, Montana
Subject: Need Tri Teams and Workout Partners in Western Montana
Retiring and relocating to the Bitterroot (Ravalli County) after the first of the year. Searching for tri teams and workout partners for the Bitterroot and Missula area. Currently looking to do 1/2 IM in 2015. Swimming is my weakness, needing a lot of open water swimming in spring.

2014-12-18 2:17 PM
in reply to: millej1

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Need Tri Teams and Workout Partners in Western Montana

Welcome to Western Montana! Not sure how close you'll be to Missoula, but that's you're best bet for Tri groups. I'm east a bit in Deer Lodge and the lakes are way, way too cold for me, but there is a pond in Frenchtown (a few minutes west of Missoula) that I've done an open water swim in. Also Helena has a pond at Meadow-something State Park that's good for open water swimming. Considering I've gained 40 lbs. and DNF'd with just 8 miles to go on the run of what would've been my 4th IM since moving here, I will wish you better luck than I've had .

2014-12-18 4:00 PM
in reply to: InnerAthlete

User image

Hamilton, Montana
Looking to move to the Hamilton area. I have been looking at Team Stampede in Missoula. I know it is a bit of a drive, but need someone to train with occasionally. Have you heard anything about them?

I tried IM Arizona in November, but had a panic attack in the water.

The race schedule I am looking at is the Grizzy Tri, Troika, Gerick's Wasa Lake, Garden City and Polson Tri. Hoping this next season will be better.
2015-01-10 7:23 PM
in reply to: #5074987

User image

Stampede is a great team in Missoula
Garden City Triathlon is in Germantown and an open water swim. Olympic distance in late August or September
Spring meadow triathlon is in Helena, both Sprint and Olympic distance. Open water and in July.
2015-01-10 7:25 PM
in reply to: #5082078

User image

Frenchtown. Not sure where Germantown came from.
2015-06-12 10:41 PM
in reply to: millej1

User image

Expert
Montana
Originally posted by millej1

Looking to move to the Hamilton area. I have been looking at Team Stampede in Missoula. I know it is a bit of a drive, but need someone to train with occasionally. Have you heard anything about them?

I tried IM Arizona in November, but had a panic attack in the water.

The race schedule I am looking at is the Grizzy Tri, Troika, Gerick's Wasa Lake, Garden City and Polson Tri. Hoping this next season will be better.

Assuming you have made it to our state by now, welcome to Big Sky Country. Everything here is a 'bit of a drive', but you'll get used to it!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need Tri Teams and Workout Partners in Western Montana Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Montana Training Partners Needed.

Started by Muskrat37
Views: 861 Posts: 7

2013-05-14 10:09 PM Muskrat37

Bear Tooth Tri Club

Started by MichaelJH
Views: 909 Posts: 1

2012-12-08 12:39 PM MichaelJH

Montana Marathon - Billings

Started by jaykayjay
Views: 848 Posts: 3

2012-09-23 1:48 AM Shoeless

Montana Women's Run

Started by jaykayjay
Views: 1260 Posts: 1

2012-05-01 10:14 PM jaykayjay

Peaks to Prairie tri

Started by jaykayjay
Views: 1989 Posts: 19

2012-04-23 11:45 AM pronghorn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
I'm doing my first tri Saturday. It starts at 7 AM and the forecast is calling for a high of 82 (air temp). Do I need to rush out and get a wetsuit?

date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.
date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.