BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 166

2015-01-21 12:57 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business
4/5 (23/400)--1600 yd swim at lunch I feel really fast because I did the entire main set using swim fins and paddles due to time constraints.

I'm down for the 200 min challenge for next week! Just yesterday I scheduled two "fitness dates" with friends. Instead of going out for lunch, we are going to play racquetball or tennis (depending on the friend). I feel like I'm coming out of my shell in terms of being an "athlete". Instead of hiding the fact that I workout from folks, I'm talking about it. I used to be "afraid" (afraid isn't really the right word, but I'm not sure what is) that people would think I surly couldn't be working out because I'm large. I recently realized I don't really care what people say/think about me working out. Not sure why it too so long to reach this conclusion about working out, it has been my attitude about nearly everything else for ages!

Off to donate blood this afternoon. Hoping my wife will accept that as a good reason to avoid fixing that shelf tonight!

Happy Training Everyone!!

2015-01-21 5:36 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Originally posted by drfoodlove

4/5 (23/400)--1600 yd swim at lunch I feel really fast because I did the entire main set using swim fins and paddles due to time constraints.

I'm down for the 200 min challenge for next week! Just yesterday I scheduled two "fitness dates" with friends. Instead of going out for lunch, we are going to play racquetball or tennis (depending on the friend). I feel like I'm coming out of my shell in terms of being an "athlete". Instead of hiding the fact that I workout from folks, I'm talking about it. I used to be "afraid" (afraid isn't really the right word, but I'm not sure what is) that people would think I surly couldn't be working out because I'm large. I recently realized I don't really care what people say/think about me working out. Not sure why it too so long to reach this conclusion about working out, it has been my attitude about nearly everything else for ages!

Off to donate blood this afternoon. Hoping my wife will accept that as a good reason to avoid fixing that shelf tonight!

Happy Training Everyone!!

Awesome attitude. fitness is all about how you feel, and staying motivated.
2015-01-21 6:46 PM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

New user
Calgary, Alberta
Kate - First with the 200 min challenge it doesn't need to be S/B/R. As we said it could be stretching, yoga strength etc. You're right about wanting to avoid injury. It sucks and will put you back more than if you had taken it easy.

Tips for weight loss... First, unfortunately I don't have any secrets to share, sorry. Second I have put in a lot of time being active. Here are my Jan stats to date:

January's totals
Swim: 2h 06m - 4850 M
Bike: 4h 42m 45s - 75.39 KM
Run: 2h 21m 50s - 14.61 KM
Strength: 1h 10m
Aerobics: 37m

What else does that mean? very little time in front of a screen (tv, computer, tablet, etc). I sit in an office all day so I try to be up an moving much more in the evenings (chasing after 3 kids does help with that)

Next I have made some big changes in my diet. Beer... I like it too much. So I am going with quality over quantity I have reduced to a max of 6/week. The advantage I have experienced is that I am trying new and awesome beers. The other thing I have done is drink more scotch. Seems strange but it will take me 3-4 times as long to finish a scotch as it does a beer. Probably the cheapness in me forces me to savour it, either way it reduces my total alcohol consumption. Quality vs. quantity!

I am sensitive to carbs so I have reduced my intake pretty significantly. I have gone from bagels and PB or cream cheese to oatmeal with flax, pumpkin & sunflower seeds or almond butter. Lunches have changed from sandwiches and various snacks such as granola bars. Typical lunch is a spinach salad with either chicken breast (about 1/3) or some nuts and feta. Snacks are fresh fruit (apple, orange, pear, grapes, etc whatever looks nice) and veggies (sugar snap peas, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber). And usually a yogurt late afternoon when I get home. For dinners I eat fish 2x/week, lean chicken (no skin) 2x/week, veggie meal (I have even tried tofu!) and beef and pork 1x/week. And I cook 2 different veggies for each meal. Really trying to fill1/2 my plate veggies, 6-8 oz serving of meat and small portion of carbs (if you actually measure and use the serving size suggested it looks small to me). My biggest challenge is portions. I am starting to get used to it... It is not easy to make the change. One thing going for me is I actually love to cook and I am trying out lots of new recipes and trying not to fall into a rut. My wife is very supportive and right there with me with similar goals so that helps a lot.

And I am not perfect.. I had peperoni, bacon and pineapple pizza last night. Not exactly friendly to your waist line. But I only had 2 slices and a garden salad. (wasn't uncommon for me to have 4 or 5 slices in the past). Compromises and always asking yourself if you are making a good choice.

Lots of water and no pop (soda for the Americans in the group).

So there is all the tips I have. Nothing ground breaking and honestly not easy to stick with but I am 21 days in to the change and it is starting to stick but I have 45 days to go if you believe the science. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-clear/forming-new-habits_b_5104807.html)

Happy training everyone!

Originally posted by Moonrocket

Lots of posts!

Chris- Thank you for the HR info! Has anyone used a Mio or other wrist mounted HR monitor- I hate the chest straps- so looking at the newer alternatives.

Jeff- Holy Cow -10lbs is awesome! any tips on what worked best?

Scott- Nice race and pictures!

Kurt- that is such a bummer about the dog. I am a huge dog lover and luckily we have world's most docile lab/ weim mix. I call my daughter and the lab the two foot crew since they run around together everywhere (although that started a few years ago and doesn't fit as well now that my daughter is nearly 4 feet tall.) Do you have a prison training program? That's where we got our dog from and she is awesome. www.coloradoci.com look for K9 program - it's a great program.

Nicole- Welcome!

Thor- We were just talking about Sedona the last week of April- but my husband found frequent flyer tickets to Kauai and booked them- bummer- I would have loved to maybe bike along while you ran on a workout :-)

I'm personally thinking 200 minutes is a pretty big jump from this week's 5 x 20 minute minimum challenge- that's doubling. Not sure at this point in my season I'm ready to put in that much time (my training plan doesn't call for it for another 7 weeks). I really want to avoid burn out or injury early on. Then again I like PBR
2015-01-21 6:53 PM
in reply to: #5085507

User image

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Wednesday is a day off.

Drinking Victory Winter Cheers. I'm spreading the love of wheat beers. Back to business tomorrow.
2015-01-21 7:00 PM
in reply to: cwpeters

User image

Veteran
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by cwpeters

First is make sure you have a good and clean HR strap. Body oil on the contact pads will throw off readings. Some straps are best cleaned by just wearing it into the shower and washing it just like you would your skin. Others, specifically the newer Garmin straps, say to remove the electronic center piece and throw it in the washing machine every 7 uses.

Chris

Hmmm... over the course of a couple of years I've all I've done is wipe the sweaty part on my shirt when I've finished a workout. When I remember.
I'll try washing it. I think my Garmin is 2 years old, would that be "newer"? I've never felt like I was getting weird readings, though- only problem is on cold dry days when I don't get any reading for a while.
2015-01-21 7:11 PM
in reply to: Jeakins

User image

Veteran
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by Jeakins

Next I have made some big changes in my diet. Beer... I like it too much. So I am going with quality over quantity I have reduced to a max of 6/week. The advantage I have experienced is that I am trying new and awesome beers. The other thing I have done is drink more scotch. Seems strange but it will take me 3-4 times as long to finish a scotch as it does a beer. Probably the cheapness in me forces me to savour it, either way it reduces my total alcohol consumption. Quality vs. quantity!

I am sensitive to carbs so I have reduced my intake pretty significantly. I have gone from bagels and PB or cream cheese to oatmeal with flax, pumpkin & sunflower seeds or almond butter. Lunches have changed from sandwiches and various snacks such as granola bars. Typical lunch is a spinach salad with either chicken breast (about 1/3) or some nuts and feta. Snacks are fresh fruit (apple, orange, pear, grapes, etc whatever looks nice) and veggies (sugar snap peas, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber). And usually a yogurt late afternoon when I get home. For dinners I eat fish 2x/week, lean chicken (no skin) 2x/week, veggie meal (I have even tried tofu!) and beef and pork 1x/week. And I cook 2 different veggies for each meal. Really trying to fill1/2 my plate veggies, 6-8 oz serving of meat and small portion of carbs (if you actually measure and use the serving size suggested it looks small to me). My biggest challenge is portions. I am starting to get used to it... It is not easy to make the change. One thing going for me is I actually love to cook and I am trying out lots of new recipes and trying not to fall into a rut. My wife is very supportive and right there with me with similar goals so that helps a lot.

And I am not perfect.. I had peperoni, bacon and pineapple pizza last night. Not exactly friendly to your waist line. But I only had 2 slices and a garden salad. (wasn't uncommon for me to have 4 or 5 slices in the past). Compromises and always asking yourself if you are making a good choice.

Lots of water and no pop (soda for the Americans in the group).

That's awesome! Even if you don't lose a lot of weight you'll probably feel a lot better. Re: the pizza, about 5 years ago I did Weight Watchers, and lost like 15 lbs, but it was just too tedious to make it a lifestyle for me. (And I gained the weight back over the next few years.) But the point is, I got a ridiculous number of points from long runs and bikes, and I knew that obviously if I ate them all the time I'd never lose weight. I used one day a week for all the points I'd "earned" from exercising, meaning I ate a lot of ridiculous food. I still lost weight.
One of my co-workers at the time said if you don't restrict your calories 1-2 days per week, your body will think there's always more food around the corner and will burn more. I think there's some 5/2 diet out there right now that follows the same idea- diet 5 days a week, eat lots the other 2. Anyways it makes sense and 2 slices of pizza won't make a huge difference.
We call it pop in western Pennsylvania, too!

2015-01-21 7:34 PM
in reply to: Snewo

User image

Veteran
Pittsburgh, PA
3/5 workouts for the week! Did 20 min on the elliptical and strength training yesterday (cross-training day on the marathon schedule) then 6 miles on falling snow today- I just love running in/ on falling snow.
Question for those of you who have run marathons before: Should I try to match the hilliness of my training runs to the hilliness of the marathon?
Pittsburgh is a very hilly city, with some MUPs and neighborhoods that are pretty flat. The Pittsburgh Marathon is pretty flat (from my perspective) with lots of false flats and one significant hill that isn't steep but is a 1.5 miles slog. It's close enough to home that I plan to include it in most of my tempo runs- does that seem like a good idea?
Beyond that... my thinking is that for non-tempo runs, I'll just run hills that will include climbing much more significant than what will be involved in the marathon, and when it makes sense from a scheduling/ logistics perspective, not worry about it if 2 runs per week (out of 5) are totally flat or on a treadmill. Does that make sense? Idea being that hills will only make me stronger but flats won't hurt my training too much. On the other hand, if I run
more flats I can run more while keeping my heart rate reasonable- if I do a lot of hills, it's basically do Z3/Z4 or walk.
So... run/ walk lots of hills in training, or run steady on MUPs? Or both?
2015-01-21 8:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
5/5 for the week. The rest is all gravy.

First time on the Kickr today. A trainer workout is so much more of a workout to me than being on the road. My intervals are more controlled and I don't get any interference when trying to do a structured workout. Yes I do love the road but I actually feel like I will see improvements faster on the trainer. I have it all set up with Trainer Road and it works great. I like how after I did the test to set a baseline for my power output the trainer adjusts the resistance all by itself based on the interval. So I keep it in one gear and let the trainer and trainer road do all of the thinking. Just ride and ride hard when it tells me to Now I see why it was so pricey. I think I'll get a lot out of this and make the cost justifiable. At least I can sell that idea to the wife, lol.

Edited by Burd 2015-01-21 8:25 PM
2015-01-21 10:29 PM

User image

Expert
Bradenton, Florida
Originally posted by chayes

Originally posted by cwpeters

First is make sure you have a good and clean HR strap. Body oil on the contact pads will throw off readings. Some straps are best cleaned by just wearing it into the shower and washing it just like you would your skin. Others, specifically the newer Garmin straps, say to remove the electronic center piece and throw it in the washing machine every 7 uses.

Chris

Hmmm... over the course of a couple of years I've all I've done is wipe the sweaty part on my shirt when I've finished a workout. When I remember.
I'll try washing it. I think my Garmin is 2 years old, would that be "newer"? I've never felt like I was getting weird readings, though- only problem is on cold dry days when I don't get any reading for a while.

Before you put it on, the electrode pads should be wet. That might explain why you're not getting readings initially. Once you start sweating, the contacts start transmitting. The newer Garmin straps have a 3 point contact system. The 2 standard points just to the left and right of center and a 3rd mesh type fabric on the left side, under the armpit. I would always get really high readings with the old strap but since changing to the new strap, my readings have been really consistent and much more accurate.

I'm on full time dad duty this week, my wife is on a work retreat. I've managed to get the boys fed, dressed, to school, to practices, showered, in bed, and still have both of them. My wife was betting I would leave one somewhere. I even managed to get in a 27 min. trainer ride tonight after a birthday party. That puts me at 2/5 for the week and 18/400 for the year. (thanks Gretchen for letting me steal that idea) I'm also in next week for the 200 minute challenge.

Chris

Edited by cwpeters 2015-01-21 10:31 PM
2015-01-22 12:59 AM
in reply to: cwpeters

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
4/5 for the week. I will get on the stationary bike tomorrow since I broke my cleat the other day. What a sight I must have been stuck in my shoe!

Thanks for the HR info. I followed the plan and was molasses fast but I will stick with it in order to train hard when the plan calls for it.

Well my class started and one of them is going to be a doozie for sure. I live in NV and well as most of you know we have legal brothels here; our class field trip is going to be to go to a brothel! Good grief!
2015-01-22 7:56 AM
in reply to: Syndiethea

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Originally posted by Syndiethea

Well my class started and one of them is going to be a doozie for sure. I live in NV and well as most of you know we have legal brothels here; our class field trip is going to be to go to a brothel! Good grief!

What class is that for?! haha should be an interesting field trip!

2015-01-22 8:23 AM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
5/5 (24/400)--Ugly, ugly, ugly "run" this morning that felt terrible in every way imaginable. Legs, heart, lungs, head, feet...nothing about my body was into this run and it was miserable during the first mile. Then, it dawned on me that I donated blood yesterday--of course it was going to be miserable!! Walked home after that with the mantra "Don't be a f*$#ing idiot!" in my mind the whole way. Oh well...take the good with the bad.

Just realized my parents are coming in this weekend. I guess I should have looked at the calendar!! Anyway, I should get a good workout in "panic cleaning" to get the house ready for their visit. Of course, I don't know why I clean so hard before they come. My dad loves to fix things when he is here and always makes a gigantic mess! Hoping to get in at least one more workout before they get here tomorrow and then maybe one on Sunday after they leave.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
2015-01-22 8:25 AM

User image

Carbondale, Illinois

4/5 for the week. I will get on the stationary bike tomorrow since I broke my cleat the other day. What a sight I must have been stuck in my shoe!

Thanks for the HR info. I followed the plan and was molasses fast but I will stick with it in order to train hard when the plan calls for it.

Would this be an anthropology class? I'm a professor of anthropology and my colleagues are always taking our students to places that make most of them uncomfortable.

Edited by drfoodlove 2015-01-22 8:29 AM
2015-01-22 11:11 AM
in reply to: Syndiethea

User image

sounds like an interesting field trip. The HRM runs will get better and you will get faster. It took me over a year but I am finally able to run a good pace while keeping my HR where I want it.

I also remember someone asking about hills, I intentionally run hilly courses in training knowing that most of my race courses are pretty flat. I figure if you train harder than you race then race day seems easy and for me more fun.

2015-01-22 11:58 AM

User image

DeLand, Florida
Catching up again.

Nicole - welcome! And, you can get some serious hill workouts in Pittsburgh - from what I remember everything on either side of the rivers is straight up. Especially that Duquesne Incline side...

Lots going on with weight loss, and what it takes to be an athlete, and how we feel about ourselves. I wanted to share something I found really inspirational. My wife is a member of the Trifecta group (which is run by Swim Bike Mom, author of 'Triathlon for the Every Woman'), and one of the members there was featured in this magazine article:
http://issuu.com/fitnationmag/docs/fn_magazine_jan_2015
She's on the cover, I think the story is on page 20. the story is geared towards women obviously, I still found it inspiring.

Workout challenge status - ugh (2/5 still). Setback time, this is why it's called a challenge. Took Tuesday off as planned so the wife could get her bike train in. Was supposed to do a double last night, instead spent Tuesday night - last night basically in bed with a respiratory virus. Should have seen me yesterday, trying to figure out how to sneak in a workout anyway... Instead I'm heading out for the double this afternoon once my meetings are done, hopefully in enough time to shower before Kindergarten open house! Wish me luck!

Edited by firebert 2015-01-22 11:59 AM
2015-01-22 2:49 PM
in reply to: firebert

User image

Katy, TX
Checking In - Been a long week, havent had the chance to get up and out as I have picked up some nasty bug and have been completely out of it for the past few days. Planning on hitting the sidewalks tonight and then brick Friday and one Sat and Sunday to finish up the 5. Hope to avoid the CLP.

May try to stay away from beer this weekend since I havent been feeling too hot, but I figure if I get a few workouts in I can get a reward beer or two.

Just did a group weigh in with a few co-workers as a part of a work sponsored weight loss challenge so reading all of the weight lost talk is very inspiring and helpful.

Stay motivated - Ryan

2015-01-22 4:00 PM
in reply to: shackdogei

User image

DeLand, Florida
Glad it's not just me getting sick this week

today's workout (3/5) - 2.4 mile easy run. Went outside for it though since it nearly cracked 40 degrees while the sun was up. Realized that was my first GPS run since November, in Florida... Didn't get the double in, but we'll see where else I can fit something.
2015-01-22 4:34 PM
in reply to: shackdogei

User image

Veteran
Lincoln, Nebraska
Originally posted by shackdogei

Checking In - Been a long week, havent had the chance to get up and out as I have picked up some nasty bug and have been completely out of it for the past few days. Planning on hitting the sidewalks tonight and then brick Friday and one Sat and Sunday to finish up the 5. Hope to avoid the CLP.

May try to stay away from beer this weekend since I havent been feeling too hot, but I figure if I get a few workouts in I can get a reward beer or two.

Just did a group weigh in with a few co-workers as a part of a work sponsored weight loss challenge so reading all of the weight lost talk is very inspiring and helpful.

Stay motivated - Ryan

I was going to shoot you an inspire, but your log is "restricted". No inspire for you, Mr. incognito private secrets don't make friends guy.... LOL!

Did we start the 5 workout challenge on Sun or Mon? I've done 5/5 if it was Sunday. If Monday, I'll get it tomorrow with a run. Then Sat or Sun I will bike. Gonna try and get outside again for that bike ride!!!

Good job everyone! Don't feel bad if you are sick. Take the time off, drink lots of water, and you will come back feeling stronger and hungry for a workout.

Thursday weigh in. 241lbs
I was crazy hungry yesterday, and ate some crap. I tried my best with the Chinese take-out though. I can highly recommend Steamed Shrimp and Broccoli, if your place has it. Tasty, and I filled up on it first, before having a little bit of typical take out bits

-Kurt
2015-01-22 6:12 PM
in reply to: fifthcircle

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by fifthcircle

Originally posted by shackdogei

Stay motivated - Ryan

I was going to shoot you an inspire, but your log is "restricted". No inspire for you, Mr. incognito private secrets don't make friends guy.... LOL!

Did we start the 5 workout challenge on Sun or Mon? I've done 5/5 if it was Sunday. If Monday, I'll get it tomorrow with a run. Then Sat or Sun I will bike. Gonna try and get outside again for that bike ride!!!

Good job everyone! Don't feel bad if you are sick. Take the time off, drink lots of water, and you will come back feeling stronger and hungry for a workout.

Thursday weigh in. 241lbs
I was crazy hungry yesterday, and ate some crap. I tried my best with the Chinese take-out though. I can highly recommend Steamed Shrimp and Broccoli, if your place has it. Tasty, and I filled up on it first, before having a little bit of typical take out bits

-Kurt

The private thing makes me wonder about his user name more... Any story there Ryan?

Workout challenge started Monday. I'm at 4/5- so will have to nail out another one tomorrow so I can ski guilt free over the weekend.

Mmm steamed shrimp and broccoli- I wonder if it's too late to call my husband and tell him to pick up Chinese on the way home.

I got my longest run of the season and Probably last year too in at 2.2 miles- I actually felt really good.
2015-01-22 6:24 PM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

, Vermont
Wow! Great and inspiring posts, everyone!! You keep my motivation up!

So last week I did a ride on the trainer, swam Saturday - knee was doing pretty well until I over-extended it on my last swim lap a couple of times. No biggie until I skied on Sunday. Throbbing knee all night Sunday night and half of Monday. It's calming down though and i went to the PT today. Bursitis has been the issue apparently. No running... On the bright side I can swim...with a leg buoy! That is a serious upper body workout to do all arms. Hahaha. Well, I should have really good technique when all is said and done. I can also ride my trainer still on easy gears - which will certainly keep me in zone 2.
Happily I'm flying tomorrow - should be beautiful out - and then I'm going to hit the pool for some serious upper body workout. LOL

On the beer front, at the surprise 40th we threw for a friend when we all had to dress as rock stars, I had Switchback Porter. I hadn't had that one yet and it was delightful. i had three and enjoyed every one of them; nice and smokey but not overpowering.
I'm back, baby! Well...half of me is anyway...and that's better than none.

Cheers!
Jenn
2015-01-22 6:46 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Wow, took me a good hour to catch up on the posts.

From first time marathon training to first time tri completion, coors light, to fruit beer, to anthropology, and brothels, this forum has it all.

The Cleavland Browns comment was Priceless.

3/5 on the challenge.

197.9 this morning.

weak 4 miler today. About half the time I go out on a run anymore, I bonk. no matter the distance. I must be getting diabetic or something.

trying to get back out there and remain positive. When life hands you lemons, time to make lemonade.

Wife is celebrating B-Day tonight. Hoping for some Barleywine, or Stout, or a nice Belgium.

Tomorrow I will run again. I will get my long run in this weekend.

2015-01-22 7:17 PM
in reply to: kevinbe

User image

kevin I feel your pain. I was suppose to do 6 today but 3 was all I could muster. Just didn't have it. Not sure if I mentioned it on here or not. I have surgery on my left elbow Monday. I have had no feeling for almost 10 months but my hand has started cramping and I am losing strength in it. Having a nerve decompressed. Doc says I can run and ride my bike on the trainer as soon as I feel up to it, and I can swim once the stiches heal. I may be posting a lot about beer and not so much on my workouts. hahaha long run planed for sunday hopefully I will feel better about it
2015-01-22 8:08 PM
in reply to: kevinbe

User image

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
4/5 Did a brick today with my new found workout time period.

8.25 miles bike (30 mins) / 4.25 miles run (55 mins)

I had the bike set too easy, don't believe the hype...gonna fix that next time. It's the first time I used the YMCA equipment (except for the spin bike) and I noticed that I like their treadmill WAY better than mine. Auto hill adjustments and electronic workouts? Awesome! I need to download the manuals for the equipment to see just what it can do. This will be more than good enough to get me through until it warms up outside.

2015-01-22 9:28 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
Originally posted by aviatrix802

Wow! Great and inspiring posts, everyone!! You keep my motivation up!

So last week I did a ride on the trainer, swam Saturday - knee was doing pretty well until I over-extended it on my last swim lap a couple of times. No biggie until I skied on Sunday. Throbbing knee all night Sunday night and half of Monday. It's calming down though and i went to the PT today. Bursitis has been the issue apparently. No running... On the bright side I can swim...with a leg buoy! That is a serious upper body workout to do all arms. Hahaha. Well, I should have really good technique when all is said and done. I can also ride my trainer still on easy gears - which will certainly keep me in zone 2.
Happily I'm flying tomorrow - should be beautiful out - and then I'm going to hit the pool for some serious upper body workout. LOL

On the beer front, at the surprise 40th we threw for a friend when we all had to dress as rock stars, I had Switchback Porter. I hadn't had that one yet and it was delightful. i had three and enjoyed every one of them; nice and smokey but not overpowering.
I'm back, baby! Well...half of me is anyway...and that's better than none.

Cheers!
Jenn

Jenn, what kind of flying do you do, I work in Air Traffic Services, ever fly into Northern Ontario Canada?
2015-01-22 10:04 PM
in reply to: b2b14

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
Originally posted by b2b14

kevin I feel your pain. I was suppose to do 6 today but 3 was all I could muster. Just didn't have it. Not sure if I mentioned it on here or not. I have surgery on my left elbow Monday. I have had no feeling for almost 10 months but my hand has started cramping and I am losing strength in it. Having a nerve decompressed. Doc says I can run and ride my bike on the trainer as soon as I feel up to it, and I can swim once the stiches heal. I may be posting a lot about beer and not so much on my workouts. hahaha long run planed for sunday hopefully I will feel better about it

positive vibes for the sugary and recovery Scott!

Those pictures are awesome! that looks like an awesome run, Do they do runs a lot at Disney? I am thinking about a trip down there maybe next year around this time, Daughter will be almost 4, and I think she would get a real kick out of it.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business Rss Feed  

of 166

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54385 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.