BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-02-19 12:09 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by Richardsdrr It's shiny new bike time. Naked carbon with d12 ultegra. Need to get a bike fit. I think the seat post Will Need Cutting But WILL Check out when pedals go on this weekend. Hopefully I'll get out to get a nice pic for the gallery when this rain has washed all the salt away and it's dry

Sweet!!  Plus the yellow handlebar tape combined with the red on the wheels combine to make orange, which is sure to make it faster.

2015-02-19 12:24 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by Richardsdrr It's shiny new bike time. Naked carbon with d12 ultegra. Need to get a bike fit. I think the seat post Will Need Cutting But WILL Check out when pedals go on this weekend. Hopefully I'll get out to get a nice pic for the gallery when this rain has washed all the salt away and it's dry

Love the matte black!!!! 

Ditts... very nice ride!  Caaaahhhhhrbon rocks.

Matt

2015-02-19 12:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Having a great training week so far.  Crushed my Wednesday night tempo run and that was on slightly weary legs from last weeks race.

I have another half marathon this weekend that I'll be training through as well.  Fragrance Lake Half Marathon.  This one is going to be really tough.  3,300 of climbing on some super technical single track.  There is a section that has about 200 steps.  There are other sections where you almost on all fours climbing up rock.  No benefit on the downhill as it is also on steep, muddy, rooty, rocky switchbacks.  The upside is that it is amazingly beautiful with views of Puget Sound and the Cascade mountains.    

Edited by popsracer 2015-02-19 12:54 PM
2015-02-19 12:59 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by msteiner

So there are 20mph S winds for Saturday's forecast.  While most riders here are all "what are we going to do?", I'm at my computer mapping northbound Strava segments into my route...

One of the many reasons I adore you, Mississippee

I don't feel like I'm dying nor feel like dying today, so there's that.

Been focusing on and doing what I CAN do.

Keep up the good work, both of you.  Matt, I can't wait to hear about your first race - you're doing such great work getting ready for it, both mentally and physically!! 

Yanti, yay for not feeling like you're dying today.  That's always a good thing.  Sometimes just getting out of bed is a huge accomplishment, but it sounds like staying there is worse than not lately.  Doing what you can is clearly good for your body and soul.  Hang in there, friend.  Congrats to Smoky for his new weight achievement.  That little rascal is something else, just like his mama!  Hope Lisa Labradog is doing better too.

2015-02-19 1:03 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by popsracer

Having a great training week so far.  Crushed my Wednesday night tempo run and that was on slightly weary legs from last weeks race.

I have another half marathon this weekend that I'll be training through as well.  Fragrance Lake Half Marathon.  This one is going to be really tough.  3,300 of climbing on some super technical single track.  There is a section that has about 200 steps.  There are other sections where you almost on all fours climbing up rock.  No benefit on the downhill as it is also on steep, muddy, rooty, rocky switchbacks.  The upside is that it is amazingly beautiful with views of Puget Sound and the Cascade mountains.    

That looks positively delicious, if just a hair difficult.  I'm jealous.   You're going to be a sweaty, muddy mess by the end of it and I'll bet you'll have a gigantic smile on your face once you can breathe again.  Be sure to take some before and after pics, will ya?

Salty, why aren't you doing this too?  Looks like trail running to me...

2015-02-19 1:11 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle

Sooo, those of you who don't know someone hit and totaled my car while it was parked. 

So I will be pretty uhh, sparse. Lots on my plate for the next few weeks. Car shopping and also HOPEFULLY, finally wrapping up the case with the guy who assaulted me. I think we are close...and I won't have to testify and drag all those emotions up again. So, crossing my fingers.

2015-02-19 1:13 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by laffinrock

That looks positively delicious, if just a hair difficult.  I'm jealous.   You're going to be a sweaty, muddy mess by the end of it and I'll bet you'll have a gigantic smile on your face once you can breathe again.  Be sure to take some before and after pics, will ya?

I'm doing one already, a 5-miler. The shorter distance is a little more relevant to my goals (the National Championship is 8K) and also the one I am doing is part of a series that I have a shot at winning (best of 6 races)

But it does look like a blast!

Trust me, I vet all this stuff

2015-02-19 1:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Slick.  Bold move with the yellow tape, but it works!

2015-02-19 1:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Sooo, those of you who don't know someone hit and totaled my car while it was parked. 

So I will be pretty uhh, sparse. Lots on my plate for the next few weeks. Car shopping and also HOPEFULLY, finally wrapping up the case with the guy who assaulted me. I think we are close...and I won't have to testify and drag all those emotions up again. So, crossing my fingers.

That sucks so much, Salty.  Hopefully you can get through all that smoothly.

2015-02-19 1:33 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Wow that sux but I am so glad you weren't in the car when it was hit. That would be a whole different set of issues.  Also glad the assault case is getting worked out. Sit down, have a flat white, and take deep cleansing breaths.

2015-02-19 1:35 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Oh no!! That is a bummer.  Hope all this works out and gets behind you quick.

2015-02-19 1:39 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

I consider that a good bit of climbing for a bike ride, much less a half mary.  That should be fun and intense!

2015-02-19 1:45 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Sweet!!  Plus the yellow handlebar tape combined with the red on the wheels combine to make orange, which is sure to make it faster.

Definately a sweet ride.  The Di2 Ultegra is super nice.

Mary, didn't you get a Garmin 500 not too long ago?  I think that was you and was wondering how you like it. 

2015-02-19 1:52 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Mary, didn't you get a Garmin 500 not too long ago?  I think that was you and was wondering how you like it. 

I did, but haven't used it yet.  Between injuries and not having the wireless cadence/speed sensor I need, it's currently an expensive paperweight.  Sigh.... 

Good news, though.  The PT told me today that she wants to get me started running next week!!!!  Hopefully that means I'll be back on the bike soon too.

2015-02-19 1:55 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I did, but haven't used it yet.  Between injuries and not having the wireless cadence/speed sensor I need, it's currently an expensive paperweight.  Sigh.... 

Good news, though.  The PT told me today that she wants to get me started running next week!!!!  Hopefully that means I'll be back on the bike soon too.

Happy dance!!!!!

2015-02-19 1:56 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I'm doing one already, a 5-miler. The shorter distance is a little more relevant to my goals (the National Championship is 8K) and also the one I am doing is part of a series that I have a shot at winning (best of 6 races)

But it does look like a blast!

Trust me, I vet all this stuff

I should have known.

So sorry to hear about your car!!  Good that you won't have to testify in the stupid assault case and that'll be wrapped up soon.  It might not really balance out in terms of +/-, but even so, hopefully things will settle down soon.  At least you're still able to get some running in to soothe your soul.  As TJ said, deep cleansing breaths and flat whites.  (((((Hugs)))))

2015-02-19 2:00 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner

Happy dance!!!!!

Definitely!!  She had me on the treadmill this morning, both walking and running, and I was fine.  She also tried on my Hokas while I was icing my knee and loved them.

She thought the idea of periodically using a shoe with more stability was a good one (thanks for the idea, Steve) so I'm going to look into that.  My coach can get me discounted Brooks and can help me figure out some options.

2015-02-19 2:15 PM

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Originally posted by Richardsdrr

It's shiny new bike time.
Naked carbon with d12 ultegra.
Need to get a bike fit. I think the seat post Will Need Cutting But WILL Check out when pedals go on this weekend. Hopefully I'll get out to get a nice pic for the gallery when this rain has washed all the salt away and it's dry

Nice!
2015-02-19 2:24 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

damn woman!

you need to play the lottery because karma is going to come back around in your favor soon and it's gonna be BIG!

glad you weren't in it!
2015-02-19 2:32 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Happy dance!!!!!

Definitely!!  She had me on the treadmill this morning, both walking and running, and I was fine.  She also tried on my Hokas while I was icing my knee and loved them.

She thought the idea of periodically using a shoe with more stability was a good one (thanks for the idea, Steve) so I'm going to look into that.  My coach can get me discounted Brooks and can help me figure out some options.

Nice! I saw that my Brooks Launch(s) arrived today so hopefully those will work out for me!!!!!!!!!!

2015-02-19 2:59 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Slick.  Bold move with the yellow tape, but it works!

Yellow, bold, tell me about it
It matches my tri kit I use in races, the yellow and black. Hopefully look a bit better when I get some matching cages. Oh, and shoes...and a new helmet...
Not sure about the red on the wheels, but then, I'm switching them to my carbon 50's as long as my powertap hub can take the 11 speed cassette. If not,, I'm going to stick my disc cover on the back and my 50's on the front and give that a go.
It does stand out. I'm part of a club, similar to the manatees, based in the UK called The Pirates. Basically an online group/forum that are a rabble of people competing in tri's with no tri club. They had the kit made up specifically so that it stands out and on most tri's/sportives there is a strong contingent of participants/supporters.

2015-02-19 5:22 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Love the matte black!!!! 

Ditts... very nice ride!  Caaaahhhhhrbon rocks.

Matt

I Like the matte black too. I'm not going to show it to Phil though or that's what my next bike will have to be. His race car and helmet are matte black with orange, it makes him very difficult to see on a dirt track at night.
2015-02-19 5:27 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Wow that sux but I am so glad you weren't in the car when it was hit. That would be a whole different set of issues.  Also glad the assault case is getting worked out. Sit down, have a flat white, and take deep cleansing breaths.

Im glad you weren't in the car too Salty.

Can I ask what's so special about your flat whites? They have existed forever in Australia. Over here that is just your basic standard entry point.
2015-02-19 5:28 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

So there are 20mph S winds for Saturday's forecast.  While most riders here are all "what are we going to do?", I'm at my computer mapping northbound Strava segments into my route...

One of the many reasons I adore you, Mississippee

I don't feel like I'm dying nor feel like dying today, so there's that.

Been focusing on and doing what I CAN do.

so glad you are feeling a bit better today - baby steps.
2015-02-19 6:50 PM

User image

Elite
naked. perfect.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54079 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.