BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-02-19 8:00 PM
in reply to: #5075498

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Jo. Really. You're going to have to provide some context unless you just want everybody's minds to head straight for the gutter.

2015-02-19 8:36 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by popsracer

Having a great training week so far.  Crushed my Wednesday night tempo run and that was on slightly weary legs from last weeks race.

I have another half marathon this weekend that I'll be training through as well.  Fragrance Lake Half Marathon.  This one is going to be really tough.  3,300 of climbing on some super technical single track.  There is a section that has about 200 steps.  There are other sections where you almost on all fours climbing up rock.  No benefit on the downhill as it is also on steep, muddy, rooty, rocky switchbacks.  The upside is that it is amazingly beautiful with views of Puget Sound and the Cascade mountains.    

2015-02-19 8:44 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by StaceyK
Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Sooo, those of you who don't know someone hit and totaled my car while it was parked. 

So I will be pretty uhh, sparse. Lots on my plate for the next few weeks. Car shopping and also HOPEFULLY, finally wrapping up the case with the guy who assaulted me. I think we are close...and I won't have to testify and drag all those emotions up again. So, crossing my fingers.

Wow that sux but I am so glad you weren't in the car when it was hit. That would be a whole different set of issues.  Also glad the assault case is getting worked out. Sit down, have a flat white, and take deep cleansing breaths.

Im glad you weren't in the car too Salty. Can I ask what's so special about your flat whites? They have existed forever in Australia. Over here that is just your basic standard entry point.

You will just have to try one and see!

HA! See, shouldn't I be in marketing???

Nah, nothing really TOO special. The one thing SBUX is doing that I am not sure other places are doing is pulling the shot quicker than usual, AKA Ristretto (same amount of coffee, pushed through in half the time). That brings out a different flavor in the particular coffee they use in the drink (which is a Latin American coffee, chosen specifically)  

2015-02-19 9:33 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by laffinrock Jo. Really. You're going to have to provide some context unless you just want everybody's minds to head straight for the gutter.

Er, that's actually why she doesn't put context. And it was in reference to the "paint" job on Darren's bike. Or rather the lack of it. Just clear coat over the material.

And good to see you can start running again!

2015-02-19 9:35 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Originally posted by StaceyK
Originally posted by rrrunner

Sooo, those of you who don't know someone hit and totaled my car while it was parked. 

So I will be pretty uhh, sparse. Lots on my plate for the next few weeks. Car shopping and also HOPEFULLY, finally wrapping up the case with the guy who assaulted me. I think we are close...and I won't have to testify and drag all those emotions up again. So, crossing my fingers.

Wow that sux but I am so glad you weren't in the car when it was hit. That would be a whole different set of issues.  Also glad the assault case is getting worked out. Sit down, have a flat white, and take deep cleansing breaths.

Im glad you weren't in the car too Salty. Can I ask what's so special about your flat whites? They have existed forever in Australia. Over here that is just your basic standard entry point.

You will just have to try one and see!

HA! See, shouldn't I be in marketing???

Nah, nothing really TOO special. The one thing SBUX is doing that I am not sure other places are doing is pulling the shot quicker than usual, AKA Ristretto (same amount of coffee, pushed through in half the time). That brings out a different flavor in the particular coffee they use in the drink (which is a Latin American coffee, chosen specifically)  

See I don't drink coffee so this is all a bit like blah, blah, blah in my head
2015-02-19 9:57 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by laffinrock

Jo. Really. You're going to have to provide some context unless you just want everybody's minds to head straight for the gutter.

She missed a few letters off, I think she meant knackered.

2015-02-20 8:03 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Richardsdrr
Originally posted by laffinrock Jo. Really. You're going to have to provide some context unless you just want everybody's minds to head straight for the gutter.
She missed a few letters off, I think she meant knackered.

Ha!  Well played.  

Salty, what a bummer!  Hope you get ALL of this behind you soon.

Matt

2015-02-20 9:22 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by brigby1

Er, that's actually why she doesn't put context. And it was in reference to the "paint" job on Darren's bike. Or rather the lack of it. Just clear coat over the material.

And good to see you can start running again!

Well, not quite yet.  In fact, the hip is all grumpy this morning from something I did in PT yesterday.    At least this time I know what caused it, that it's not terribly serious, and that it'll get better.  In the meantime, I'll be putting my azz on ice to get it to settle down. 

2015-02-20 9:28 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Pennsylvania

Hey, kids!  Lots of good stuff this week: new bike, less PT restrictions, upcoming resolutions to a nasty situation, good races, good vacations, and fun upcoming races.  Dear Yanti and Lisa dog need some TLC.  (((hugs for you both!)))

Quick update on my world: Dad has been pretty good overall this week (thankfully!), my tooth extraction at the oral surgeon went very smoothly on Wed., kicking off my life as a pirate, but now my dear, precious Coco has an infected tooth/puffy face.  She goes to the vet shortly (EFP is taking her, he's off today), so I forsee some antibiotics and then probably surgery after the infection clears up.  Ah, when it rains it pours. 

The stoopid endodontist nailed me with a $407 bill that I wasn't expecting.  They quoted $142 out of pocket, which I paid the day of the 'services' (I use that term loosely because they didn't do much, IMO), then they sent me this new bill.  I need to call them, I suppose, to try to find out the discrepancy in cost, but I keep putting it off because I'm imagining it not going the way I want it to and don't feel like arguing the point with them (but I will, eventually).

Also, it's crazy cold here today.  My car read -1*F on the way to the pool and the Weather Channel reported that with the wind chill it was -24*F.  Winter: please take your [snow]ball and go home.  I live in PA, not Siberia.  I think we are supposed to get a little reprieve from the cold on Sunday.

2015-02-20 9:56 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by melbo55

Hey, kids!  Lots of good stuff this week: new bike, less PT restrictions, upcoming resolutions to a nasty situation, good races, good vacations, and fun upcoming races.  Dear Yanti and Lisa dog need some TLC.  (((hugs for you both!)))

Quick update on my world: Dad has been pretty good overall this week (thankfully!), my tooth extraction at the oral surgeon went very smoothly on Wed., kicking off my life as a pirate, but now my dear, precious Coco has an infected tooth/puffy face.  She goes to the vet shortly (EFP is taking her, he's off today), so I forsee some antibiotics and then probably surgery after the infection clears up.  Ah, when it rains it pours. 

The stoopid endodontist nailed me with a $407 bill that I wasn't expecting.  They quoted $142 out of pocket, which I paid the day of the 'services' (I use that term loosely because they didn't do much, IMO), then they sent me this new bill.  I need to call them, I suppose, to try to find out the discrepancy in cost, but I keep putting it off because I'm imagining it not going the way I want it to and don't feel like arguing the point with them (but I will, eventually).

Also, it's crazy cold here today.  My car read -1*F on the way to the pool and the Weather Channel reported that with the wind chill it was -24*F.  Winter: please take your [snow]ball and go home.  I live in PA, not Siberia.  I think we are supposed to get a little reprieve from the cold on Sunday.

Remind me never to visit PA in winter. Brrrrrr.
Glad your Dad is on the mend.
2015-02-20 10:20 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events
==
February 21-22
Steve - Fragrance Lake Trail HM on Saturday
Kate - Escape From Folsom 10 Miler (If I can get the day off) on Saturday
Nancy - Augusta 10K/5K double dip (5K on Sat, 10K on Sun)
Salty - Lord Hill 5 mile on Sunday

Disabled List
Mary - knee/hip/shoulder - improving!
Darren - shin splints - so changed to bike focus
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya

2015-02-20 10:30 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Remind me never to visit PA in winter. Brrrrrr. Glad your Dad is on the mend.

I agree with Big D! That is cold.

My run this morning was in the coldest we've had yet and probably as cold as I'll see for some time. 34* F. I actually had some mental images of a few of the pics I've seen from some of you that encouraged me to get out the door. I kept thinking "if you can deal with that crud, then I can sure deal with this."

Enjoy the weekend!

2015-02-20 10:32 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Kind of a mixed week for you!  yay!! to your dad feeling pretty well and a smooth tooth extraction - boo to the unexpected bill and holy (frozen over)hell temps! I'm not sure where to put your new life as a pirate  

2015-02-20 10:34 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

==
February 21-22

Disabled List
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya

HAPPY RACING MANATEES!!!

DLers,  heal up soon!

2015-02-20 10:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Racing Manatees!

==
February 21-22

Disabled List
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya

Race smart, and race fast racers!  

DL peoples - keep getting better!

2015-02-20 11:33 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Denver, CO

Racing Manatees!

==
February 21-22

Disabled List
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO racers!!  Good thing most of you are on the West Coast and away from all the cold.  Nancy, hope the Augusta races aren't too chilly/icy/snowy.  Be careful, okay?

Keep up the healing, DL'ers.  I want to see you (and me) on the racer list ASAP.

Melanie, glad to hear your dad's doing better this week and good that the tooth extraction went well.  Sorry to hear about Coco.  Hope she heals up quickly.  I had no idea that dental issues could be contagious.   WARM ((((hugs)))) to you all.

To all the rest of you in the deep freeze, stay warm and be careful.  I don't want to see any more DL'ers because you got frostbite or slipped/crashed on snow or ice!  We're on tap to get 18" of snow and single digits this weekend so I feel your pain.

Edited by laffinrock 2015-02-20 11:42 AM

2015-02-20 11:36 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Melanie, glad to hear your Dad is doing well and your tooth extraction went good.  Sorry to hear about Coco.  I definately would call on the bill.  I've been in healthcare financial management for 25 years including billing and pricing.  Error rates are very high on the processing of bills by the provider and by insurance companies.   It doesn't hurt to call.

2015-02-20 11:45 AM
in reply to: cdban66

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by cdban66

My run this morning was in the coldest we've had yet and probably as cold as I'll see for some time. 34* F. I actually had some mental images of a few of the pics I've seen from some of you that encouraged me to get out the door. I kept thinking "if you can deal with that crud, then I can sure deal with this."

Enjoy the weekend!

Chris, that's about 45* higher than it was here this morning.

2015-02-20 11:49 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!

==
February 21-22

Disabled List
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya

GOOOOOOO RACERS!  Be swift, be safe, have FUN!

HEAL, dear DLers.

I'm looking forward to the race reports, as always!

2015-02-20 11:51 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Good luck to those racing this weekend.  We are expecting pretty decent weather.  I can't believe how cold the rest of the country is.  BBRR!!

Heal up human and furry DL'ers.  Seems like the four legged folks are having their share of issues.

Today is 50 days in a row without a rest day so I think I'm going to take it.  I have been in this recover-just-in-time mode on a daily basis and it has started to catch up with me.

2015-02-20 11:53 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

My Coco Bean update: she is on antibiotics and is scheduled to have her tooth out on the 9th.  Yes, Mary, apparently dental issues ARE contagious!   We joke that my husband is a redneck since he grew up in WV...yet he will be the only one in the house not missing teeth!  Dobie is missing a molar, I'm missing my cuspid, Coco will be missing a molar...he thought my little joke was pretty funny this am.

Edited by melbo55 2015-02-20 11:54 AM

2015-02-20 12:14 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Last night on the way home from work, somebody got rear-ended right behind us.  DH looked at me with a wicked gleam in his eye and said he was glad it wasn't us because it might have damaged our bike rack.  Brat.

2015-02-20 12:23 PM

User image

Seattle

Racing Manatees!

==
February 21-22

Disabled List
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya

Go racers, rest up DLs!

Also, I double dipping and am playing in a charity hockey game tomorrow. I haven't played in ages. 

2015-02-20 12:24 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by cdban66

Enjoy the weekend!

Chris, that's about 45* higher than it was here this morning.

Yowza, tha's COLD! In the winter of 98/99 there were double digit snow storms and single digit temps on Long Island, where we lived. I returned to Florida in August of 1999. All of you might want to start looking 

2015-02-20 1:25 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!

==
February 21-22

Disabled List
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya

Go racers, rest up DLs!

Also, I double dipping and am playing in a charity hockey game tomorrow. I haven't played in ages. 

Awesome, I was trying to remember when the game was to be held.  You will do great!  Even if you don't, you raised money for a very worthy cause.  Have fun, be safe, and I'll be thinking of you when I hit the ice tomorrow evening, too (provided we don't get snowed out)!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54076 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.