United States
33F / 1C
Precipitation
Total Time = 25m 12s
Overall Rank = 364/3172
Age Group = F40-44
Age Group Rank = 15/235
Pre-race routine:

I met my parents at Dandy and we went to Leslie's house. She had picked up our bibs the day before. We were on time so we had a few minutes to hang out before we left. Jason drove us all up to Seneca Falls (stopping at McDonald's in Ovid for a restroom stop). We found a parking spot on the same street where we parked last year. We took pictures near the car and then headed over to the start a little earlier than we planned becuase Grace needed to use the porta-potty. I stayed on the bridge not too far back from the front since I knew how conjested this race gets.
Event warmup:

None other than walking over to the start and hopping around to stay warm while waiting.
Run
  • 25m 12s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 06s  min/mile
Comments:

As usual, I had trouble getting my Garmin started! I was positioned about where I should've been for the start so I didn't have to bob and weave too much. I felt like I was running as hard or harder than the turkey trot, but apparently I was not!
What would you do differently?:

Not much other than get Garmin started correctly! I don't think I could've gone all that much faster considering I just ran a marathon a week ago. Overall I was pleased with the run.
Post race
Warm down:

Came across the line, got water, and immediately started walking to the car to get everyone's coats so got a pretty good warm down.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Running a marathon a week ago! Also, I don't seem to run as well at evening races.

Event comments:

This event is a lot of fun! I've just accepted that this is not a race to try to PR (too many people!). We had a nice dinner at Jerlando's on the way home.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2014-10-09 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:12 | 03.11 miles | 08m 06s  min/mile
Age Group: 15/235
Overall: 364/3172
Performance: Average
Garmin splits (even though they aren't quite right): 8:09, 8:11, 7:53
Course: Nice loop through Seneca Falls - not too many turns, some uphill, but not enough to call it hilly. Spitting rain this year and it was right on the verge of turning over to snow/freezing rain.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2014-12-18 2:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: It's a Wonderful Run 5K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » It's a Wonderful Run 5K Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

It's a Wonderful Run 5K

Started by tribeagle
Views: 903 Posts: 1

2014-01-01 1:45 PM tribeagle

It's a Wonderful Run 5K

Started by tribeagle
Views: 826 Posts: 1

2012-12-28 4:47 PM tribeagle

It's a Wonderful Run 5K

Started by Jschrenker
Views: 824 Posts: 1

2012-12-08 7:39 PM Jschrenker

Its a Wonderful Run 5K

Started by dexter
Views: 990 Posts: 1

2012-01-02 12:23 PM dexter

It's a Wonderful Run 5K

Started by tribeagle
Views: 1010 Posts: 1

2011-12-21 2:55 PM tribeagle
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 17, 2010
author : mjfewell
comments : 3
In November of 2000, I noticed that I was losing the feeling in my toes. The sensation traveled up my body and within a week, I was nearly 80% paralyzed.

date : March 4, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on wide feet, Ironman nutrition and it's importance, the use of fins in swimming, transition mistakes, special needs bags and running sockless.
date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.

date : October 24, 2004
author : tri-en
If you are like many runners you may be frustrated at racing 5K distances and never being able to run them faster. Improve your race pace with this flexible 12 week program.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 6
Couch to 5k programs for those starting from square one.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
comments : 2
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.

comments : 2
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.