General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone have endoscopic plantar fasciotomy? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-21 6:34 PM

User image

, Utah
Subject: Anyone have endoscopic plantar fasciotomy?
Has anyone has endoscopic plantar fasciotomy surgery? If yes, how was your recovery? How long before you were able to start running again? How soon before you were able to swim/pool run (I'm assuming this would be once the incisions are healed and I'm guessing I'd be able to pool run earlier than swim due to pushing off the wall with swimming), cycling, and running at a low percentage of body weight on an Alter-G treadmill? Finally, were you able to return to running and racing pain free, or at least much improved over pre-surgery? I've been dealing with arch pain and plantar issues for over 2 years now. I've already had the Tenex FAST procedure, PRP injections, extensive PT exercises and stretching, ART, dry needling, graston, and of course time off running ... you name it I've done it. About the only things I haven't had done is ESWT or cortisone injections. I'm afraid a plantar release is my last resort option and am looking at a endoscopic plantar release. If anyone has had this procedure done and can share your experience I would very much appreciate it!

2014-12-26 3:09 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Georgia
Subject: RE: Anyone have endoscopic plantar fasciotomy?
Originally posted by little red

Has anyone has endoscopic plantar fasciotomy surgery? If yes, how was your recovery? How long before you were able to start running again? How soon before you were able to swim/pool run (I'm assuming this would be once the incisions are healed and I'm guessing I'd be able to pool run earlier than swim due to pushing off the wall with swimming), cycling, and running at a low percentage of body weight on an Alter-G treadmill? Finally, were you able to return to running and racing pain free, or at least much improved over pre-surgery? I've been dealing with arch pain and plantar issues for over 2 years now. I've already had the Tenex FAST procedure, PRP injections, extensive PT exercises and stretching, ART, dry needling, graston, and of course time off running ... you name it I've done it. About the only things I haven't had done is ESWT or cortisone injections. I'm afraid a plantar release is my last resort option and am looking at a endoscopic plantar release. If anyone has had this procedure done and can share your experience I would very much appreciate it!

have you read about the"pmgr" proximal medial gastrocnemius release in the treatment of recalcitrant plantar faciitis?

Edited by mxr746 2014-12-26 3:11 PM
2015-02-02 6:36 PM
in reply to: mxr746

User image

, Utah
Subject: RE: Anyone have endoscopic plantar fasciotomy?
I had an EMG last week that confirmed tarsal tunnel - nerve entrapment - in both feet. I'm having surgery next week to release the nerves and he will do a minor planar release at the same time. The reason my PF wasn't getting any better is because of the previously undiagnosed nerve entrapment. Gastrocnemius release would just be another treatment, that in my case, wouldn't do one bit of good. I think a lot of people with stubborn PF may be like me and have other issues that are not be considered or addressed because too many doctors see foot/arch pain automatically = plantar fasciitis. It look me 6 doctors to finally think outside the box and order the EMG, which confirmed the diagnosis very easily.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone have endoscopic plantar fasciotomy? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Anyone really "get over" plantar faciitis?

Started by Dan Estrada
Views: 1294 Posts: 7

2014-07-23 6:07 PM ecpasos

Has anyone had plantar fasciitis surgery?

Started by Recoverie
Views: 13588 Posts: 19

2017-01-24 12:22 PM Socks

Plantar fasciitis...has anyone tried this thing?

Started by nscrbug
Views: 3032 Posts: 25

2008-06-20 1:41 PM tbryant

Can anyone stand another plantar fasciitis thread?

Started by drdi
Views: 1236 Posts: 11

2005-11-13 7:55 PM Vaiza

arch injury - plantar fasciitis

Started by skeedawg
Views: 2605 Posts: 17

2005-01-11 3:53 PM sunfire67
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 15, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 6
Over the past couple of months I've been waking up with a sore heel. Right in the center, it feels like I stepped on a pebble and bruised it. The pain, fairly minor, goes away as the day progresses.

date : December 28, 2009
comments : 3
I have had Plantar Fasciitis in both feet for 5 years, orthotics have finally helped where I can run again. Are there recommendations beyond ice and stretching?
date : October 28, 2009
comments : 1
I think I have Plantar Faciitis? The bottom of my foot is sore in front of the heel in the mornings. It sort of gets better during the day, I can run without increasing in pain.

date : June 23, 2009
comments : 0
The whole bottoms of my feet hurt these days. Been running for a number of years now and this is a first. Do you have any tips?
date : June 4, 2008
The bottom of my feet, more specifically the arches, have been sore off an on for a couple of weeks. Should I be worried? Anything I should do to prevent this?

date : March 6, 2008
Often pain occurs with the first steps of the day or at the beginning of a run when that tight fascia gets stretched and microtears occur. But pain can also develop with prolonged standing and worsen.
date : September 3, 2006
Heel pain, especially in runners, is usually due to plantar fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a band of connective tissue on the bottom of your foot that stretches from the heel to the ball of the foot

date : May 16, 2005
comments : 1
I have bone spurs in my left heel. It's painful first thing in the morning. Sometimes my heel will bother me running, or on the bike. I feel as if the heel is holding me back.