General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fit Recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-31 10:59 AM

Denver
Subject: Bike Fit Recommendations
Does anyone have experiences using the many Bike Fit services in Colorado? Good or bad experiences or opinions?
I am researching where to get a bike fit as I transitioned to a Tri bike for this year. A little background, I enjoy cycling and consider it my strength when it comes to Tri's. I have a Trek road that I completed the Boulder HIM in 2:47 and recently purchased a Felt b12 Tri bike that I want to be fitted. My goal is to complete the full IM in 2015...so I am looking for efficiency and better ride mechanics from the new bike.
Which bike shop has people gone to that they have been happy with the results. It seems that the technology and science is very good regardless of the tool they use ie Retul, GURU etc, but it's the interpretations and relatability to fit the bike & rider together that is the unknown factor.
I'd like to get the most out of Spending $300.

Any thoughts or recommendations for a shop and specific person to do the fit would be appreciated.
Thanks - Joe

2015-01-02 5:06 PM
in reply to: 0

New user
Subject: RE: Bike Fit Recommendations
I purchased a new Cervelo P2 from Pedal in Littleton that included a free GURU fit. I would say the experience with GURU was good. The only issue I've had is neck soreness, but that'll get better with experience and is not related to bike fitment. I don't know how much Pedal charges for the service, but I would've paid up to $150.

I'm assuming you bought your bike used?

Edited by EthirtyM3 2015-01-02 5:07 PM
2015-01-03 10:32 AM
in reply to: yjt0189

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
It's been a long time since I had a bike fit BUT I've had 2.
1. sports garage in Boulder with Chris Jacobsen. They do a Serotta fit. they did a great job
2. BikeSource with Hans - but he is not there any more from what I understand. He was amazing also.

Other options that I hear good things about are Retul in Boulder and Boulder Center for Sports Medicine.
2015-01-04 9:07 PM

User image

Jason at university bikes in boulder
2015-01-07 5:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Scott Geffrie with Fit and Tri.  He does fits through Kompetitive Edge; I would call them to set it up.  I've consistently had the best fittings with him.

Hans was great but not around anymore.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fit Recommendations Rss Feed