General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Best Training nutrition (outside of race day) resources Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-01 4:17 PM

User image

Calgary, Alberta
Subject: Best Training nutrition (outside of race day) resources
Hey Everyone,

Wondering if a few of you nutrition junkies out there could offer some insight into resources for the above. As you can all appreciate there is alot of information out there both of excellent quality and misinformed as well. I do eat relatively well but I am beginning to hit a wall in my training. Might be a combo of over training but maybe I am also lacking enough high quality calories. I guess what I am looking for is a reliable resource to help me troubleshoot my ongoing fatigue.

Thanks in advance!

2015-01-03 8:48 AM
in reply to: westernmustang86

User image

Veteran
Calgary
Subject: RE: Best Training nutrition (outside of race day) resources
Hi westernmustang
I see you're in Calgary. It looks like winter has arrived here.

I like "Racing Weight" by Matt Fitzgerald. http://www.mattfitzgerald.org/books/
The title is a little misleading - yes this book has advice on losing weight and determining an ideal racing weight, but mostly it's a general guide to eating and nutrition for athletes.

Fitzgerald advocates a common sense diet and he doesn't have much use for any of the trends or fad diets. I don't know if this book will address your fatigue question directly but I think his advice would be eat to high quality foods (which he defines) and to make sure you're getting enough carbohydrates to fuel your training.

I also enjoyed his "Diet Cults" book but it's less geared towards athletes and more towards "exposing the fallacy" of popular fad diets.
Don
2015-01-15 1:24 PM
in reply to: westernmustang86

And inside of race day... http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/7/1/209

2015-02-14 9:46 PM
in reply to: #5078547

User image

Queen Creek, Arizona
I was in same spot. Stoped making gains. And not enough energy. I do a food system with high quality protein shakes 2 times a day and a healthy meal. And add as training goes up. Making strong gains and losing weight..
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Best Training nutrition (outside of race day) resources Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Race day nutrition

Started by cbwaid
Views: 1106 Posts: 2

2011-01-30 9:28 AM Daffodil

IM Nutrition - 48 hours to Race Day

Started by Mbzartri
Views: 1034 Posts: 2

2010-06-20 1:13 PM ironlib

Alternative race day nutrition

Started by Gerrard
Views: 1317 Posts: 3

2008-07-17 7:12 PM puellasolis

Race day nutrition, olympic tri

Started by mainetriman
Views: 1553 Posts: 6

2008-07-10 11:04 AM Artemis

How to determine race day nutrition

Started by kimmitri408
Views: 1586 Posts: 10

2008-03-21 9:11 AM Gregkl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 7, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
comments : 1
Learn the important aspects of a successful pre-race nutrition plan including carbo-loading and eating the morning of the race.

date : August 20, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
For many athletes and active people, nutrition is their missing link. Here are a few ABC’s to get you started on the path to winning with good nutrition.
date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon

date : April 2, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
Serious athletes might also like to feast on this hard-core book that will answer all sports nutrition questions from A to Z.
date : June 14, 2005
author : tomp
comments : 1
Tips on swimming, biking and running to race-day lessons from this beginners first five months of training.

date : June 13, 2005
author : FishrCutB8
comments : 6
A little bit of everything from training, your equipment list, laying out a transition area and other pre-race preparations.
date : March 21, 2005
author : jduscio24
Hydration and glycogen is the key to success in any sport. If you’re missing one, your game is going to suffer tremendously.

date : September 4, 2004
Thoughts on carbohydrate loading leading up to triathlon race day.