General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I did it! And a question... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-14 7:57 AM

Subject: I did it! And a question...
So, after a lot of procrastination I finally buckled down and started training seriously last September. And, this past Saturday I completed the Naples Full Triathlon in 14:03, a time I'm pretty happy with considering where I started and my only other tri experience, which was a half that went very poorly.

For training, I used Crossfit Endurance exercises sprinkled with some LSD work on the weekends. Most of my workouts were two-a-days, with an endurance workout in the morning and a regular crossfit WOD in the evening. I travel a lot, so I had to do a lot of swimming in place in hotel pools using a tether, and a lot of my crossfit WODs involved heavy use of bands for resistance (most hotel "exercise" rooms are nothing more than a few treadmills and an eliptical).

The event was in Naples, FL, and it was part of the HITS Triathlon series. My question about that is, why aren't their races on most of the triathlon sites? And where do you go to review triathlons? I was originally going to run the Key West tri in late January, but they cancelled it so I found Naples and did that instead. But it's hard to find a review of their races, so I thought I might do my part by posting one. Can someone tell me where to do so?

Thanks!

2015-01-14 12:03 PM
in reply to: btellington

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Subject: RE: I did it! And a question...
If people write race reports here on BT, you can search a race using the "Races" bar at the top of the page. You can then type in the race and location and see how many RR there are for the event. I have read lots of Race Reports on this site for encouragement and reviews of races that I have either participated in or debated participating in.

Congrats on your first 140.6!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I did it! And a question... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Question for those who have done an Ironman

Started by kristine25
Views: 2721 Posts: 21

2012-04-30 1:40 PM bar92

Who's doing or at least thinking about doing Lake Placid in 07? Pages: 1 2

Started by oceanannie
Views: 1778 Posts: 30

2006-07-23 1:08 PM trouble

Anyone done or doing the Kinetic Half on April 22nd?

Started by wetri
Views: 681 Posts: 2

2006-03-29 2:45 PM Marvarnett

Anyone doing IM Wisconsin???

Started by kleinrider
Views: 1664 Posts: 13

2004-11-29 4:30 PM Steve-

where are you doing your 1/2 IM in 2005 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Live2Tri
Views: 5310 Posts: 56

2004-11-03 1:31 AM ifripp
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.

date : October 5, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 4
The grand pull to Kona is both a product of our sport's mythology, marketing, and the intangible desires that each create.
date : December 19, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 2
My problem is I can only swim about 30-40 meters without having to rest. What is the best way to improve this? I need to get from 40 to 750 meters in 6 months.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
I have 10 lessons with a coach and he keeps telling my I'm holding my breath. I cannot figure out where since I'm breathing out and in every 3rd stroke. Any drill recommendations?
date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"

date : January 7, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on swimming, observing, asking questions, flip-turns, flexible ankles, rotation, Stretch Cordz, skiing substitution and resting.
date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 1
Information compiled on various plans from the most common user questions.

date : September 3, 2005
author : Michael Silva
Without paying a personal trainer or a PT on a regular basis, is there a regimen of exercises I can do to strengthen all around?