General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike fitter in Madison or Twin Cities? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-19 5:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Minnesota
Subject: Bike fitter in Madison or Twin Cities?
I am looking to get a refit. A little over a year ago in the Fall of 2013 I herniated my disk, L5/S1. I opted for non surgery. It's mostly better but I still get tight and have a recurring SI issue that makes my back hip feel locked up often. I took 2014 off and looking to get back in with sprints and hopefully some Oly's towards the end of the year. I am looking for someone that not only has had experience fitting people (FIST, GURU, Etc) with back issues but one that maybe even deals in exercise bio-mechanics or physiology. Not sure if I'll be able to ride my tri bike again either. Maybe an R3 would be a better option at this point? So any advice on some reputable people would be appreciated.

2015-01-20 8:09 AM
in reply to: lakelandsledder

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
Subject: RE: Bike fitter in Madison or Twin Cities?
I got my fitting last year by Kevin O'Connor at Gear West in Long Lake, MN and couldn't recommend him more highly. Their whole staff is top-notch. If you're in the market, the fitting also came with a 10% discount on a new bike.

Chris Balser is also well known in the Twin Cities. He works in partnership with Penn Cycle. There are a few threads in the Minnesota forum that speak to both of these options.
2015-01-20 2:46 PM

I recently had mine done at Now Bike and Fitness in the twin cities. They use the GURU system and the guy who did mine has plenty of experience doing fittings. I've been happy with mine so far.
2015-01-20 3:35 PM
in reply to: MN_Mike

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Minnesota
Thanks. I'll look into them. I'm hoping to not only find a fitter with experience but one that understands and has worked with someone with bad backs/herniation's also.
2015-01-21 9:04 AM

User image

New user
madison, Wisconsin
Craig Watson in Madison is THE man. He was a co-owner of Crono Metro and has since gone out on his own as an exclusive fitter. He travels all over the country/world working with teams.
He can be found at www.bikesbikesbikes.com
He's very proficient in working with people with injuries and really takes his time to get it right. You won't have any regrets working with him.
Let him know Paul Woolson sent you (he'll probably charge you double for mentioning that).
Good luck, Paul
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike fitter in Madison or Twin Cities? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bike fit + bike + bike fit?

Started by JRL
Views: 3306 Posts: 10

2011-09-26 12:10 AM jawgee

tri bike fit compared to road bike fit

Started by runspingirl
Views: 4732 Posts: 11

2011-02-18 3:38 PM JeffY

Tri bike fit vs Road bike fit

Started by DJones107
Views: 1467 Posts: 6

2010-10-05 7:46 AM DJones107

Set up road bike fit like a tri bike fit

Started by jsiegs
Views: 3340 Posts: 16

2010-08-23 8:45 PM audiojan

Twin Cities 10 mile

Started by streams180
Views: 548 Posts: 2

2005-10-01 4:55 AM deepbluesea
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 30, 2011
author : mikeinlaguna
comments : 6
I was in the moment, living a dream and on top of the whole world! Honestly, I wish everyone could experience that feeling because it truly cannot be described.

date : January 8, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
I am in the market for a new road bike, at several local bike stores I will test ride several bikes. Other than basic fit and components, how should I compare them while doing a test ride?
date : June 17, 2009
comments : 0
I can run and swim with no problems but when I get on the bike my hamstring starts to tighten up. I had my bike fitted in January and the problem seemed fine until I got out on the roads recently.

date : April 14, 2008
The bike fitters at Fit Werx talk about all the components of a triathlon bike fit and how it relates to aerodynamics and the individual.
date : August 7, 2007
author : sportfactory
Cyclists may be at risk of developing CTS due to long hours spent in one position. These eight tips can help you prevent carpal tunnel syndrome while grinding out those long hours on the bike.

date : June 11, 2007
author : sportfactory
comments : 0
Learning about the proper pedal interface, how to best acheive pedal force, good cycling form and bike fit, we can learn to achieve greater bike speed.