General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT training plans Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-21 7:56 PM

La Quinta, California
Subject: BT training plans
I am preparing for IMAZ this November. I have been reading through the Triathletes training bible. I am trying to decide if I should upgrade to a Gold membership here at BT, or use the advise in the book. How detailed are the workouts in the Gold membership? Do they include heart rate zones, training intensity, interval durations, base periods, build periods, and peak periods? I want to follow the best advise, to increase my chances of success in my first Ironman. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2015-01-22 9:25 AM
in reply to: Jerry A.

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: BT training plans

I've used the BT Intermediate IM training plans.  The workouts have enough details regarding training zones and intensity.  Swim workouts don't give much intensity/zone detail, but they're otherwise descriptive.  

The plans don't explicitly state whether it's "build" or "base" but it's built into the plan.  

In my experience, if you can "follow" the plan 80-90% including most key workouts, you'll have a good race.  The challenge isn't finishing an IM, it's getting to the start line healthy and ready to race.  Pay close attention to fatigue and early signs of overuse injuries and rest of needed.  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT training plans Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Endurance Nation vs. BT training plans

Started by ryceelliott
Views: 7723 Posts: 8

2010-05-10 3:45 PM JoshKaptur

HIM Training Plans- other than what is on BT

Started by KSH
Views: 1191 Posts: 12

2009-05-03 3:12 PM JHmd

BT Training Plan Question

Started by Aikidoman
Views: 1238 Posts: 6

2008-08-28 6:29 PM Aikidoman

BT IM WI training camp - schedule planning input Pages: 1 2

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 3114 Posts: 28

2008-05-09 5:10 PM Steve-

Feedback on BT Ironman Training Plans

Started by Gerrard
Views: 1122 Posts: 4

2008-04-14 1:22 PM Gerrard
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 21, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 0
How to tweak your training plan to account for frequent races

date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season
date : January 20, 2011
author : Coach AJ
comments : 3
Using a high-volume schedule for many months is not the best tactic. Build speed and skill several months out, and then transition to a high-volume IM plan.

date : June 27, 2006
author : Ron
Motivational and inspirational interviews of BT members beginning July 2nd, 2006
date : January 29, 2006
author : Team BT
I started the Beginner Triathlete training program in earnest after Chinese New Year. I viewed the distances in the peak week with trepidation - how on earth would I manage it?

date : July 17, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you plan for a season? Below, I’ve created a simple five step process to use as a primer for season planning.
date : April 19, 2005
author : Ron
How to configure and use your triathlon training log or blog.

date : October 17, 2004
author : infosteward
I want your tastes to be satisfied. I want you to feel like you’re coming home each Monday when you view the new articles uploaded to the site.