General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any newbies in STL looking to connect with others? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-31 8:03 PM

St. Louis, Missouri
Subject: Any newbies in STL looking to connect with others?
Hi,

I'm looking for people to inspire, share and revel in the newness of racing in general, and specifically a sprint trialthlon. I've settled on a first race and I'm giving myself plenty of time to train. I'm already a little nervous but even more than this, I'm super excited! The training groups and teams in STL look fab, but I've got a funky schedule, and I think it will be easier for me to train on my own. However, support is always a good thing! So, if you're new to this, and somewhere between a couch-to and beginner, and are looking for someone to train with occasionally, let me know. In the meantime, I'm thinking about signing up for mentoring.

Talah

2015-02-09 3:40 PM
in reply to: YogaGal

Subject: RE: Any newbies in STL looking to connect with others?
Heya....and welcome.

I too have a funky schedule.
I will always be a few steps from my couch. I guess I kind of like it that way. Despite the fact that I've spent some time and money in this thing, I'm no joe-pro and never will be. Don't want to be. I like the idea that it's all about me and my effort and there's a place for me in this 'sport'. I don't do it to race. I do it as part of my congratulations and motivation to maintain some pretty serious weightloss I sorted out a few years back now.

I'm not sure which ones I'm going to do in the area this year. I've started adding a little length to my races. Newtown is a really fun one. Last year they added a sprint, but don't be afraid of the longer one. It's really only a little longer and it's a great chance to get in something other than a pool that's not all that 'threatening' if swimming's any kind of issue. They also do several swims prior to that race so it's a great chance to get comfortable with it all. That was big for me.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any newbies in STL looking to connect with others? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

OWS practice around STL??

Started by Joe_B
Views: 1939 Posts: 11

2009-05-13 5:05 PM xcrunner2010

Any Thanksgiving days runs in STL?

Started by fairview1100
Views: 1448 Posts: 5

2008-10-02 5:03 PM toddg

Hilly Bike Routes in/near STL?

Started by ranger5oh
Views: 1837 Posts: 10

2008-10-10 1:38 PM xcrunner2010

Swimming in North County(STL)

Started by lfrick
Views: 1236 Posts: 3

2007-08-01 10:37 AM lfrick

Great Places to Bike in STL

Started by soozey
Views: 1268 Posts: 3

2006-04-04 11:51 AM slovegreen
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.