General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Time is a gift... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-01 8:53 AM

User image

Veteran
Ft. Myers, Florida
Subject: Time is a gift...
And I have been given a 60 day gift. I have been given a 60 day leave of absence from work because I'm completely burnt out at my job. I needed some time to really get back to focusing on taking care of myself and to get refocused back to what I really love: triathlon. Now I don't expect to be able to work miracles in those 60 days but I do want to make the most out of every minute. I'm going to start a sort blog about this journey and would like to post my daily workouts here under the workout threads that get posted every day. My goal is to get back to where I feel confident about being successful in triathlon again. I want to try to loose as much weight as possible in this time...in a healthy way of course. I need to loose about 70-80lbs overall so this time will really give me a head start in that direction. I also want to get my muscle memory back for swimming and biking and regain a lot of the strength I have lost in the past year sitting in neutral. I'm looking forward to this and I really am excited to see the end result of this time.

So if any of you guys here were give this gift what would do with it? How would your days looks? On what would your focus be aimed?

2015-02-01 9:26 AM
in reply to: cafenervosa

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Time is a gift...

Originally posted by cafenervosa And I have been given a 60 day gift. I have been given a 60 day leave of absence from work because I'm completely burnt out at my job. I needed some time to really get back to focusing on taking care of myself and to get refocused back to what I really love: triathlon. Now I don't expect to be able to work miracles in those 60 days but I do want to make the most out of every minute. I'm going to start a sort blog about this journey and would like to post my daily workouts here under the workout threads that get posted every day. My goal is to get back to where I feel confident about being successful in triathlon again. I want to try to loose as much weight as possible in this time...in a healthy way of course. I need to loose about 70-80lbs overall so this time will really give me a head start in that direction. I also want to get my muscle memory back for swimming and biking and regain a lot of the strength I have lost in the past year sitting in neutral. I'm looking forward to this and I really am excited to see the end result of this time. So if any of you guys here were give this gift what would do with it? How would your days looks? On what would your focus be aimed?

Wow - that's awesome!

Mine would have lots of carefully budgeted travel, for sure Including some camping trips with the dog, of course.

If your goal is tri - try to connect with local groups. I know my master's team has 3 practices daily, and going to the one at noon feels like a mini-vacation. I was unemployed for ~3 weeks, and I'd ride my bike there almost daily. It was great.

Also, for the weight loss, look into Whole 30 - it helped me drop a few pounds last month and develop some lasting healthy eating habits. While not working, you'll have more time to prep food, too. 

2015-02-01 10:39 AM
in reply to: #5089360

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Time is a gift...
You're right, that is a gift! First of all--I will look forward to seeing you add to the workout thread. I gaurantee over 60 days I will start 60 daily workout threads--if I'm anything I'm ridiculously disciplined with my training and starting the thread. If I had 60 days I'd be doing what I'm doing--learning how to stay present, building upy mental game, and training for a June Ironman. Good luck on your journey!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Time is a gift... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

tried swimming w/masters' group this am - decision time

Started by alath
Views: 1755 Posts: 19

2011-06-09 9:42 AM alath

What to do with my AM workout time.

Started by CBarnes
Views: 710 Posts: 2

2009-10-08 10:07 PM EjustE

I am in love.....for the first time all over again

Started by Baldmtn
Views: 961 Posts: 10

2005-05-22 9:11 AM Joe M

It's 4:30 AM Time to Race

Started by royj
Views: 793 Posts: 9

2004-08-09 9:20 AM Whizzer

I got my time, I am disapointed.

Started by royj
Views: 886 Posts: 9

2004-06-01 10:30 AM malvey
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 12, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
If you are looking for a simple, yet special, gift for your running buddy, teammate, or active friend, enjoy making one of these recipes that will be sure to please any hungry athlete.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.