General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Inaugural Toughman Florida Half and Tough Kids Florida Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-19 9:30 AM

User image

Champion
Subject: Inaugural Toughman Florida Half and Tough Kids Florida

The inaugural event of the new national half Ironman distance national Toughman Series, Toughman Florida, will take place on March 15, 2015 at Lake Manatee State Park in Bradenton, Florida.

The Toughman Half starts at 7am on March 15.

The Tough Kid’s event starts at 9am on March 14.

The vision of the event is to focus on providing the best possible athlete race day experience, in a fun, friendly, family-focused environment.

To that end, Lake Manatee State Park was chosen as the event site. The park’s location 5 miles east of metropolitan Sarasota/Bradenton makes it easily accessible from Tampa/St. Petersburg. It also makes it an ideal location for an “Escape from Winter” triathlon for those living in the Northeastern United States.

The event is focusing on the athlete in several ways:

• Two loop swim course to provide better monitoring of the athletes and allow families to see their athlete more frequently
  • Two loop bike course to make water bottle exchange and cheering sections easier for the athlete and their family
  • Lots of gear for those who participate: shirt, socks, finisher’s medals, water bottle, fun awards and post-race food.

You are invited to be a part of this inaugural race of the Toughman National Series.

Further information is available at www.toughmanflorida.com and https://www.facebook.com/toughmanflorida

[email protected] 570 470 4922

[email protected] 813 335 7487

ABOUT TOUGHMAN Half Iron Series

The TOUGHMAN Series is currently 10 races in the US with locations in: Bradenton FL, Richmond IN, Tupper Lake NY, Sherwood WI, Ocean Shores WA, Chisago MN, Pell City AL, , Provo UT and Santa Fe NM. The series Championship in Croton on Hudson New York has a closed bike course and over 30,000 worth of age group awards as well as a $4500 cash purse!

(toughman.png)

Attachments
----------------
toughman.png (401KB - 7 downloads)

2015-02-20 8:49 AM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Subject: RE: Inaugural Toughman Florida Half and Tough Kids Florida
Ive race both Toughman Indiana and NY and they put on awesome races. Very well supported and better swag than IM.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Inaugural Toughman Florida Half and Tough Kids Florida Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Redman Half vs. Florida Challenge Half

Started by aplohris
Views: 946 Posts: 3

2008-06-13 10:29 PM aplohris

70.3 Florida - Kids' Splash and Dash

Started by markg72
Views: 509 Posts: 1

2007-06-28 1:12 PM markg72

Florida Half Ironman - Wave Start Question

Started by charlie
Views: 878 Posts: 3

2005-04-18 11:32 AM charlie

Florida Half Ironman

Started by PGoldberger
Views: 579 Posts: 1

2004-11-06 4:02 PM PGoldberger

Florida Half Ironman 2005

Started by stevenrh
Views: 690 Posts: 4

2004-07-28 8:14 PM ropkins
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 29, 2011
author : Pnlop
comments : 0
First race went better than expected!

date : January 14, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 2
Going for broke in a race, as a pro or an amateur, can mean failure or exhilaration -- or both.
date : July 1, 2009
author : mrmarkcole
comments : 37
Or why an Ironman 70.3 may not be your best choice for your first triathlon.

date : August 21, 2008
author : TriChica
comments : 8
I thought of all the times I didn’t attempt something I wanted to do because I was too afraid of trying something new or of failing completely.
date : November 14, 2004
author : czone
comments : 0
At one of my last swim sessions the week of my first Ironman, one of my training partners told me how she was envious..."your first Ironman is fun, you have no pressure and no expectations!"

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
comments : 1
I cried the morning of the race when the "Star Spangled Banner" played, but I wasn't alone. IRONMAN is electric!!