BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 107

2015-04-27 9:45 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by Jet Black Pictorial proof of a manatee meetup!!

Woo hoo!  Looking good!  (that is how we can tell it was a pre-race pic)

2015-04-27 9:46 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Jet Black The weekend is underway! The kids race got rained out but they didn't seem to mind too much. Checking out the swim course.

I love the matching shoes! 

2015-04-27 9:49 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by msteiner

The wedding went well.  The weather was great, and everything went very smoothly  I probably took more pictures Saturday than I have all my life until that point. This one is probably my favorite of them.  I'll gladly accept the title "Mr. Matt".  

Congratulations! 

2015-04-27 9:51 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

Matt, 2 things I need to tell you. 1) Congratulations!! 2) Dude, you married up! JK, actually, you look great together, all of you.

hahaha!  I about snorted my work appropriate beverage when I saw this! 

2015-04-27 9:58 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by jmkizer

The wedding went well.  The weather was great, and everything went very smoothly  I probably took more pictures Saturday than I have all my life until that point. This one is probably my favorite of them.  I'll gladly accept the title "Mr. Matt".  

Congratulations! 

What a lovely picture!  Glad to hear the day went well.  Congrats to both of you!

2015-04-27 10:38 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Pennsylvania

Sean - those are two adorable kiddos!

Sean, Jonathan and Matt - that is one studly lineup and very cool you got to meet!  Congrats to all on finishing with great times!

MR Matt - congrats on your big day, you are a very lovely family!

Randee - congrats to you and the husband, I'll get over to the RR soon.

Mary - whaaat?!  Wow!  Congrats on putting down a great time even after your struggles with injuries over the past few months!

Yanti - congrats on your race and continued hopes and prayers for you and your friends.

My race went very well, but it wasn't without the help of the manatees and their kind words of encouragement and support.  I had the voices of many of you in my head (is that really possible if I've never actually heard any of your voices?!) throughout the race, keeping me strong.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  The manatees is a very special group of people, of friends.

2015-04-27 11:53 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

DCRainmaker giveaway.

http://t.co/007KLareUY

2015-04-27 12:15 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Looks like Matt and Sean are done: 4:49 and 5:22. Jonathan is almost there. Saaaaaweeeet!

I figured you guys would do great but WOW!! Looked like some very fast bike legs.  Can't wait to hear all the details.

2015-04-27 12:16 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

Great pics and great racing all!!! 

2015-04-27 3:57 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle

Alright, got my RACE REPORT up

Complete with lots of photos! I had an awesome, action packed 30ish hours for sure! 

So tired today...trying to decide how I want to manage my training week since I have another race on Saturday...

2015-04-28 10:11 AM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Hey - thanks for all the well wishes on the race, oh podmates!  Great day and even better company. 

Been digging out back at work from all the stuff I've let maaaaaaaybe slide a little on the way up to the race. 

Learned a ton on this one - still processing some of it, but will write up a RR in the next couple days.

Some highlights:  condo-madness, sunburn, no wetsuits, fire ants, hail on the bike and some carnage generally on the run course once the sun came out - but a really good race for me (and a bunch of other BTers, to boot) from an execution and fitness test standpoint.

Felt great after the race and am now really psyched for race season!

Thanks again to all for the "community encouragement" leading into this one.  As others have said, it makes a difference!

Matt

2015-04-28 10:26 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

I hit a 20s power average of 839W this morning.  Feeling pretty good heading into road racing this weekend.

2015-04-28 10:45 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Some of you have asked, so here it is. This is from TW:

(XenithChris.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
XenithChris.jpg (248KB - 5 downloads)
2015-04-28 10:58 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

Saweeet!!!! Looking good!
2015-04-28 10:58 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

I hit a 20s power average of 839W this morning.  Feeling pretty good heading into road racing this weekend.

Dang bro, you strong! Good luck this weekend!
2015-04-28 10:59 AM

User image

Seattle

Awesome! Sorry I think I missed it, did you get  a new bike?

Also, ORANGE!

2015-04-28 11:03 AM

User image

Seattle

Speaking of orange....

I've got everything lined up to custom paint my bike and make it look awwweeessssommme.

I'm going to disassemble it in the next few days and drop it off to be painted flat black (while we are on vacation) then an awesome BTer is going to reassemble it for me and swap out the cables (orange) and grips/pedals (blue) and then I got a new headtube badge.

So, flat black,  orange and blue. 

2015-04-28 11:05 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Hey - thanks for all the well wishes on the race, oh podmates!  Great day and even better company. 

Been digging out back at work from all the stuff I've let maaaaaaaybe slide a little on the way up to the race. 

Learned a ton on this one - still processing some of it, but will write up a RR in the next couple days.

Some highlights:  condo-madness, sunburn, no wetsuits, fire ants, hail on the bike and some carnage generally on the run course once the sun came out - but a really good race for me (and a bunch of other BTers, to boot) from an execution and fitness test standpoint.

Thanks again to all for the "community encouragement" leading into this one.  As others have said, it makes a difference!

Matt

I'll echo Matt's sentiments here, thank you all so much for the support, compliments and congratulations! I have learned so much from this group and really appreciate everything!

Matt & Jonathan - it was really great to meet y'all in person. Wish there would have been more time to chat.

Lots of stuff went well, but for the first time I had to deal with some adversity. I learned a lot from what I think my mistakes were, but as a race this long is so hard to duplicate in training I'm not too upset. I'll try and type up my full race report this afternoon.
2015-04-28 11:08 AM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Jet Black
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Matt

I'll echo Matt's sentiments here, thank you all so much for the support, compliments and congratulations! I have learned so much from this group and really appreciate everything! Matt & Jonathan - it was really great to meet y'all in person. Wish there would have been more time to chat. Lots of stuff went well, but for the first time I had to deal with some adversity. I learned a lot from what I think my mistakes were, but as a race this long is so hard to duplicate in training I'm not too upset. I'll try and type up my full race report this afternoon.

Yall! 

All races are excellent learning experiences, even if you execute exactly how you want. Great job and waita set the bar high for your racing going forward

2015-04-28 11:09 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Now that's a mighty sweet looking machine!  Oh, and the bike looks pretty awesome too.   Congrats on the new ride.  How many are you up to now?  6? 8? S-1?

2015-04-28 11:13 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Speaking of orange....

I've got everything lined up to custom paint my bike and make it look awwweeessssommme.

I'm going to disassemble it in the next few days and drop it off to be painted flat black (while we are on vacation) then an awesome BTer is going to reassemble it for me and swap out the cables (orange) and grips/pedals (blue) and then I got a new headtube badge.

Awesome! Where did the headtube badge come from? I was wanting to do something custom for my fixie, but I never really pursued it. 

And yes, I have been internally fighting over a new Tri bike for a while. A long while. TW started pushing me to do it as well. Finally, I was in the LBS a couple of weeks ago and Mel (one of the owners and a fellow Triathlete) mentioned that she could get an extra large 2014 Xenith T from the Jamis rep. It came in, they put it together and whammy, it was the wrong size. Jamis sent a large sized one.  So, Gary (Mel's husband) called and said we should try it out and if it doesn't fit, no problem, they'll get the right one in. I gave it a go, didn't feel right on it, and waited. The next week it came in and fit me better. The funny part is that Gary mentioned the first one fit him pretty well.  When I picked up mine, the original was on the stand getting carbon wheels and new tape, etc. I may ask to borrow his wheels for a race in a couple of weeks  I'm pretty sure the wheels would work for me!

2015-04-28 11:15 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by laffinrock

Now that's a mighty sweet looking machine!  Oh, and the bike looks pretty awesome too.   Congrats on the new ride.  How many are you up to now?  6? 8? S-1?

My stable includes a road bike, a fixie, an old hardtail MTB, and the Xenith. But, DD2 has the hardtail, so really I only have 3. 

2015-04-28 11:16 AM

User image

Seattle

Speaking of orange....

Awesome! Where did the headtube badge come from? I was wanting to do something custom for my fixie, but I never really pursued it. 

And yes, I have been internally fighting over a new Tri bike for a while. A long while. TW started pushing me to do it as well. Finally, I was in the LBS a couple of weeks ago and Mel (one of the owners and a fellow Triathlete) mentioned that she could get an extra large 2014 Xenith T from the Jamis rep. It came in, they put it together and whammy, it was the wrong size. Jamis sent a large sized one.  So, Gary (Mel's husband) called and said we should try it out and if it doesn't fit, no problem, they'll get the right one in. I gave it a go, didn't feel right on it, and waited. The next week it came in and fit me better. The funny part is that Gary mentioned the first one fit him pretty well.  When I picked up mine, the original was on the stand getting carbon wheels and new tape, etc. I may ask to borrow his wheels for a race in a couple of weeks  I'm pretty sure the wheels would work for me!

Very exciting!

My MTB is a Jamis although the branding is about to go out the window.

The headtube badge is from a local hand-made bike accessory place https://www.builtbyswift.com/

They mainly specialize in bike touring/bike camping stuff. Which is kind of how I am going to use my MTB. My little adventure machine. 

2015-04-28 11:23 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Very exciting!

The headtube badge is from a local hand-made bike accessory place https://www.builtbyswift.com/

They mainly specialize in bike touring/bike camping stuff. Which is kind of how I am going to use my MTB. My little adventure machine. 

So, are you going to go with racks/panniers and such? Some of the MTB guys mentioned meeting some fellow riders that you would really like. Full racks and packs and no wasted space. I'm thinking you'll have a trailer for gear in no time!

ETA: You had mentioned the Jamis frame a while back and I knew then that this was in the works, but I didn't want to get my hopes up, so I've been quiet about it.  I dropped hints, but nothing noticable. I didn't want to get bit in the tush!

Edited by cdban66 2015-04-28 11:26 AM
2015-04-28 11:26 AM

User image

Seattle

Very exciting!

So, are you going to go with racks/panniers and such? Some of the MTB guys mentioned meeting some fellow riders that you would really like. Full racks and packs and no wasted space. I'm thinking you'll have a trailer for gear in no time!

No, no remember I am a minimalist.

I don't see myself doing much in the way of multi-day or anything. More just biking to a base camp for a 1-nighter. I'll just use a pack. I'm scheming the feasibility of getting everything I need into my 21L pack, which will be a feat but I think I can do it. 

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 107

RELATED POSTS

Ben's Mentor Group w/ Google Hangouts! ***CLOSED*** Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by bcagle25
Views: 15297 Posts: 182

2015-03-13 3:55 PM wannabefaster

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 27797 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11765 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66004 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54280 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.