General Discussion Triathlon Talk » RAM - Chicago is closing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-02 1:18 PM

User image

Veteran
Algonquin, IL
Subject: RAM - Chicago is closing
Got this email over the weekend. I never have been to the city store, but do frequent the Deerfield location.

To our friends:

I am writing to update you on the current evolution of our business. Fourteen years ago, we started Running Away as a small specialty running store in Bucktown. Five years ago, we added a second location in Deerfield. As you may know, we also operate a race event business, RAM Racing, where our signature “Hot Chocolate” event is now in 16 states and 2 countries. RAM is now the second largest race event business in the country. We also have our own cloud-based event registration system, that we not only utilize for our own events but now offer it to other race event companies to use as well. All of these businesses have one goal - to create an unforgettable experience for our running community.

With the growth of the latter two parts of our business and the fact that most of "our" retail customers prefer our Deerfield location, we have decided to consolidate our retail business into this one "super" location:

Running Away Multisport
800 Waukegan Rd, Deerfield IL. 60015

(847) 945-2929

We look forward to continuing to serve all your running, swimming and cycling needs out of this spectacular store. To be clear, just because we are consolidating our two stores into one, does not mean our business is suffering in any way, shape or form. Quite the contrary, we couldn't be more excited about the strength and future of our Deerfield store. We see this store as being not just a local destination, but a national one. We have had several professional athletes as well as casual athletes travel long distances to visit our Deerfield store over the years. We will now have two of Chicagoland's best bike mechanics in one location - Peter, our current Deerfield bike mechanic and George, who's coming back home to the North Shore from our Chicago location. Jay, Jeff, Brian and team are very excited to help you with any and all of your Multisport needs!

Now for the really fun news, we are having a GIANT consolidation sale at our Clybourn location. Everything in the store will be marked down 40%! Get there quickly, as the doors close March 22nd.

Again, thank you all for your friendship and continued support. We look forward to playing together for many years to come!

Steve
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » RAM - Chicago is closing Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Century close to Chicago area this week end ?? Pages: 1 2

Started by playmobil31
Views: 1476 Posts: 31

2012-10-26 2:40 PM Meulen

New Triathlon-RAM racing

Started by quincyf
Views: 2720 Posts: 25

2012-02-16 11:47 AM brigby1

Chicago Marathon Registration is Closed

Started by mattb1
Views: 2782 Posts: 12

2010-03-31 2:24 PM Thomasski

RAM Racing events 2010

Started by ChicagoMan65
Views: 3803 Posts: 16

2009-12-28 2:06 PM miami9296

Chicago International Distance Closed??

Started by steve1128
Views: 795 Posts: 3

2008-02-23 11:11 PM chirunner134
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.