General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Profile Bottle Recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-02 3:39 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: Profile Bottle Recommendations
I currently use the Aqualite Aero bottle from Profile Design (link below) however I have now went through two of their brackets that keep failing. I like the design and the easy refilling of the opening on top, but each time the bracket breaks the bottle goes flying and I had to leave one on the side of the road because I had no way of getting it home. When the second one broke, I had the rubber bands it came with as an alternative mounting tool in my bag so I could use those instead. That is what I'm using now, but I'm not a fan of them. I just don't want to invest in another bracket that will break again.

http://www.profile-design.com/product/hydration/aqualite/

Anyone have these issues? Any recommendations on something else??

2015-03-02 5:25 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Subject: RE: Profile Bottle Recommendations
I just zip tie a cage between the areo bars. That way you can use any bottle that mounts horizontal. Never lost a bottle.
2015-03-02 6:31 PM

User image

I also zip tie a bottle cage between the bars.  But if you're looking for something more like your original then I would consider the Torhans 30.

2015-03-02 6:44 PM

User image

I use the speedfil Z.. 4?  basically a fancy cage ziptied between the bars, but with a Garmin mount.  I prefer it over some other models as I can either use the speedfil A2 or a regular bottle

2015-03-02 9:48 PM
in reply to: #5097473

User image

Thorhans
2015-03-02 10:23 PM

User image

The Profile Aero HC has been great for me. You can put a regular water bottle into the mount in case your two year old takes the straw out of your aero bottle and hides it somewhere in the house......the local Tri shop hooked me up with some extra straws just in case that happens again. Thank you Northwest Tri and Bike!

2015-03-03 8:19 AM
in reply to: johnson

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by johnson

The Profile Aero HC has been great for me. You can put a regular water bottle into the mount in case your two year old takes the straw out of your aero bottle and hides it somewhere in the house......the local Tri shop hooked me up with some extra straws just in case that happens again. Thank you Northwest Tri and Bike!

That's the one I have been looking at. I just want to make sure the bracket is a bit more robust than the other Profile Design bottles.
2015-03-03 8:25 AM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Originally posted by 3mar
Originally posted by johnson The Profile Aero HC has been great for me. You can put a regular water bottle into the mount in case your two year old takes the straw out of your aero bottle and hides it somewhere in the house......the local Tri shop hooked me up with some extra straws just in case that happens again. Thank you Northwest Tri and Bike!
That's the one I have been looking at. I just want to make sure the bracket is a bit more robust than the other Profile Design bottles.
Wow that's expensive. From what I've read, the Torhan's 30 should improve the aero drag around the headtube.

2015-03-03 8:37 AM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by Donto

Originally posted by johnson The Profile Aero HC has been great for me. You can put a regular water bottle into the mount in case your two year old takes the straw out of your aero bottle and hides it somewhere in the house......the local Tri shop hooked me up with some extra straws just in case that happens again. Thank you Northwest Tri and Bike!
Wow that's expensive. From what I've read, the Torhan's 30 should improve the aero drag around the headtube.

I checked it out but the Torhans has the same bracket design as the one that gave me trouble and the same week spot here...

(Capture.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Capture.JPG (17KB - 15 downloads)
2015-03-04 7:19 AM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

I checked it out but the Torhans has the same bracket design as the one that gave me trouble and the same week spot here...
To say a double walled design is as weak as a single wall design is selling the Torhans short without any substance.  There is not one instance on the ST threads about the bracket breaking that I could find.

2015-03-04 9:40 AM

User image

Exton, PA

[/QUOTE

I used the profile design bottle that you have for 4 years, and never had an issue with the bracket breaking. I just never liked how much it bounced around so last year I switched to the x-labs torpedo system.

http://xlab-usa.com/torpedo-system.html

The computer mount out front is great, but the Velcro sucks. I just use wire ties to mount it.

2015-03-05 6:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX

This is why friends don't let other friends use the Profile Design "aero" bottles:

2015-03-05 7:09 AM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Extreme Veteran

This depends on the bike and where the bottle sits relative to the headtube.
Close to the headtube, yes, far, no, it creates more drag.
2015-03-05 7:56 AM
in reply to: #5097574

Have you checked out the new BTA profile design setup

http://www.trisports.com/profile-design-fc25-hydration-system.html
2015-03-06 6:27 AM
in reply to: TriTampa2

User image

Durham, North Carolina
I use this. http://www.nathansports.com/gear/tri-series/ap-pro

It had horrible reviews on amazon, but I trusted the seller comments that they fixed them. I've only had it for a week or so now, but I really like it especially since it matches my bike :D
2015-03-06 2:33 PM
in reply to: TriTampa2

User image

What part is breaking? It's a plastic bracket that should essentially never be stressed if installed properly.

2015-08-19 5:01 PM
in reply to: #5098136

Torhans 30 for me. Mostly because that's what is in the 2008 Felt B12 I just picked up. Ordered a new bottle cause I like my own germs
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Profile Bottle Recommendations Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Aerobar water bottle recommendations

Started by b2run
Views: 6481 Posts: 24

2014-09-15 11:41 AM cstoulil

New Profile Design aero bottle

Started by ZekeB
Views: 3741 Posts: 24

2010-04-12 3:38 PM crazyalaskian

Profile AquaCell Bottle / Hydration Q, etc.

Started by travljini
Views: 1588 Posts: 5

2008-08-07 9:03 AM travljini

Profile Design Aero water bottle Pages: 1 2

Started by jazz82482
Views: 3150 Posts: 30

2006-09-19 7:13 PM jazz82482

Profile/Jetstream Aero Bottle

Started by ChuckyFinster
Views: 1065 Posts: 7

2006-04-03 5:30 PM ChuckyFinster
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 19, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Don't power through your off season! Rest and take it easy. Our doctors tell you why rest is important, how long to rest, and what training and exercises you should be doing.

date : March 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 1
What is the best way to carry fluid on your bike in a triathlon?
date : April 22, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Find out which sports nutrition practices effectively enhance performance. What and when you eat powerfully impacts how well you can perform.

date : November 17, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
During the race there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange bottles, so I'm thinking about going with the aero bottle and Gatorade bottle and fill up as necessary. What should I do?
date : June 11, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 3
A brief history on aero bar evolution with a review on the bars that I own and love.

date : September 5, 2006
author : DominiqueL
comments : 12
When people think of hydration in the aero position, the first name that comes to mind is the Aerodrink from Profile Design. I was expecting a pretty quick and breezy review of this water bottle.
date : April 2, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
comments : 2
This article will cover the basics on the nutritional needs of athletes and will include some standard recommendations from neutral bodies.