General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Tri training group in Silicon Valley Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-10 2:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Subject: New Tri training group in Silicon Valley
The Addison-Penzak JCC in Los Gatos is starting a new Tri group. If you don't know where that is, it is right at the intersection of 17 & 85. It is literally 30 seconds off Hwy 17 at Lark.

I have spoken a few times to the coach/trainer and have been impressed with his knowledge. Here is the bio on him:

"Prepare for triathlon season with Coach Joe Sanders. Joe was the 2012 age group course record holder in the Wildflower half Ironman (4:26), qualified for 3 World Duathlon championship teams as a professional, and qualified for the national time trial championships in Seattle, among many other accolades. He will help you reach your personal best."

And to answer two questions I have been asked by people I have spoken with (a) no you do not need to be Jewish to be a member of the JCC, in fact a majority of their members are not and (b) no you do not need to be a member to join the group but you do get a discount if you are a member.

I work out at the facility every day at 5:00am and really like the center. If you are in the area you should check it out. I signed up to begin in April since I am less than two weeks away from a early season event. If you do check it out please say hi.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Tri training group in Silicon Valley Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Silicon Valley International Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by enginerd
Views: 1549 Posts: 5

2011-12-17 6:02 PM enginerd

Silicon Valley Internatioal SVIT (Olympic)

Started by Kevin26.2
Views: 1318 Posts: 2

2010-05-30 11:15 PM Rnofty

Group Bike Rides in San Gabriel Valley

Started by BWL
Views: 2231 Posts: 8

2010-08-04 9:16 PM BWL

Silicon Valley Mountain Bike Triathlon - entry discount

Started by chr15
Views: 1008 Posts: 1

2009-06-18 10:18 AM CHR15 TREE

Wkeels and Deals in Silicon Valley (NY Times article)

Started by us50090
Views: 1024 Posts: 2

2005-12-07 3:24 PM us50090
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
comments : 0
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.
date : April 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 1
Have a goal when you get into the water. If your purpose is distance, then set your pace for endurance. If your objective is speed, then incorporate drills.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.