General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Swim - Raleigh Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-19 7:32 PM

Subject: Open Water Swim - Raleigh
Hi,

With the weather warming up, I'm looking to get some folks together for evening swims (or Friday afternoons) at Lake Jordan (Rec Area) or Falls (off 98).

The more people the better, pace not important, but anyone who joins should be comfortable with an open water swim.

Luke

2015-03-27 7:49 PM
in reply to: LCC

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: Open Water Swim - Raleigh
Weekday evenings are hard for me, but when the summer hits, I'll be starting my bike/swim/bike weekend warrior workouts. Do you ever do weekend swims?

I ride my bike to Ebeneezer, swim for 30-60 minutes, then ride back home. I'd be happy to arrange to meet up with folks somewhere near the park for this. I ride from Chapel Hill, but could have a meeting spot somewhere like Farrington boat launch. The great thing is if you ride in,you don't have to pay the park fee. Ebeneezer is my favorite swim spot, because they have a a no boat zone with buoys that you can swim between, and use for sighting. It's really good OWS practice.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Swim - Raleigh Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Open Water Swim Meetups - Raleigh

Started by Wthore
Views: 1430 Posts: 6

2014-02-06 1:27 PM Wthore

Raleigh Open water swim

Started by micronix
Views: 1824 Posts: 5

2013-07-23 11:58 AM Twotter

Open Water Swim Groups - Raleigh Area

Started by lgolding
Views: 1372 Posts: 4

2012-05-17 12:56 PM lgolding

Open Water Swimming Raleigh??

Started by donwah
Views: 5632 Posts: 11

2011-05-04 2:22 PM fteswim

Raleigh Triathletes: Open Water Swim Tractice?

Started by watsonrm
Views: 2003 Posts: 4

2006-05-14 6:55 AM watsonrm
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : August 12, 2010
author : 10Kswim.com
comments : 2
Learn what the world's best open water swimmers look for, think about and do during a world-class open water swim and it's implications for triathletes looking to improve the swim leg of their race.
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.