General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike ride low traffic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-12 3:43 PM

User image

Subject: Bike ride low traffic
I just took the dive and bought a tri bike. I know there is a learning curve with the bars and setup so I was hoping to find a relatively flat ride with little traffic so I can focus on feeling the bike out and not worrying too much about the traffic around me. I live in elizabethtown, but am willing to drive to a location. Someone mentioned a huge industrial park but I can't remember which one or where it is. Suggestions my PA peeps?

2015-04-13 5:13 AM
in reply to: djmikula

Subject: RE: Bike ride low traffic
Try pine grove furnace state park.....lots of back roads and some good climbs......traffic is not bad. As far as no traffic your guess is as good as mine. Also I have never rode there but Gifford Pinchot state park and the surrounding area look good too.

Thanks,
ErikD.

2015-04-16 12:37 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Isn't there an industrial park near E-town off of 230 near the Conewago trailhead?  Not sure how flat that is, though.  I'd say even some of the suburban neighborhoods would be OK just to test out the feel and should have fairly little traffic and what there is should be 25-35 mph and plenty of room. 

Edited to add: maybe the huge industrial park someone mentioned was Greenfield?  It is big but depending on the time of day gets some traffic.

Edited by melbo55 2015-04-16 12:38 PM
2015-08-31 2:56 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Extreme Veteran
Nisbet, PA
Check out the flyer for the PA Elite & Masters Time Trial. The second page has directions and a course description. I have been a motor-referee for this race several years in the past and it is perfect for your needs. In fact, I liked it so much I am going to participate in the 40K portion next summer.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike ride low traffic Rss Feed