General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lordosis Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-18 12:07 PM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas
Subject: Lordosis

Long shot here, but does anyone have experience with Lordosis in the back? Any success stories getting rid of it? Sounds like strengthening of the core and back muscles is the treatement but I'm wondering how much that will really get rid of the problem.

2015-04-20 11:36 AM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Subject: RE: Lordosis
What's the age of the diagnosed person?How old are they now?
2015-04-20 11:40 AM
in reply to: TJHammer

User image

New user
Austin, Texas
2015-04-24 12:20 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Finally got to talking to a trainer friend of mine who has anterior pelvic tilt (lordosis) and has been doing corrective exercises routinely that have improved his condition. He is is excellent shape and trains well, so this can happen. What has the orthopedist/chiropractor said regarding the extent of the condition? Because there isn't much to go on regarding why it actually manifests itself. What I do know is to do alot of ROM and extensive flexibility work on hip flexors and glutes. Lunges, hanging leg raises, glute bridge work (with and without bench - use of stability ball)

Someone said forced expiration abdominal work helped strengthen deep pelvic muscles and all abdominals more deeply.

Is the lordosis sufferer a person who's job has them seated a lot? That's not helpful and some changes could be made there

Edited by TJHammer 2015-04-24 12:21 PM
2015-04-24 2:35 PM
in reply to: TJHammer

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Oh nice, thanks for taking the time to ask someone for me. I appreciate it. I'm the one who has the lordosis, and have had it at least for the last 10-12 years but possibly longer. Yes I had a sit down job a lot of the year but try to limit my chair time as much as I can. I haven't actually seen a doctor regarding it, but it's really obvious that I do have it. A friend of mine is a sports therapist, and immediately upon meeting me she said that she noticed the excessive curve in my lower spine, and I know that it gets in the way of my running form. I really target my hips during stretch routines but I will plan on doing more of the lunges and glute work like you mentioned. I've never heard of the forced exhaling though, interesting. I'll definitely give it a shot.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lordosis Rss Feed