General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question about the ESSENTIAL WEEK BY WEEK TRAINING GUIDE Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-26 10:58 AM

Subject: Question about the ESSENTIAL WEEK BY WEEK TRAINING GUIDE
Hello,

I starting to use the Essential week by week training guide.

There are days where there are two workouts given. Do I do the second workout right after the first or do I wait and do it later in the day?

I looked in the book and didnt find the answer. It might be there and I just simply missed it.

Thanks!

Gall

2006-08-26 7:19 PM
in reply to: #522813

User image

Master
brummie land
Subject: RE: Question about the ESSENTIAL WEEK BY WEEK TRAINING GUIDE

i have no idea which work outs you are talkign about but there are two answers - you can do them separate or together.

together - essential race day practice; do lots of lots of bike to run bricks as these will get you used to the jelly/lead legs. swim to bike bricks are also useful.

separate - sometimes you may have time/inclination to do them separately - that's cool as well but see above comments.

for me i do all my runs after my bike just because i prefer it like that. most swims are separate from my bike but not always. i'm yet to do a swim/run brick but if i'm hoping to do an aquathlon in december that is on the cards soon.

good luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question about the ESSENTIAL WEEK BY WEEK TRAINING GUIDE Rss Feed