General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Metro North Groups? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-14 9:58 PM

User image

Wakefield, Massachusetts
Subject: Metro North Groups?
I'll be moving to Wakefield next month (in Quincy now), and I'm wondering if there are any tri groups, open water swimming, group rides, or similar in the area. I won't know anyone in town other than my family, so I'm interested in the chance to meet up with new folks and learn the area.

2015-09-02 12:39 PM
in reply to: Fourteenkittens

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Metro North Groups?
Hello, I've recently moved to Stoneham, temporarily until we move to our new home. I have no clue about this area so would be happy to meet up and train. I'm particularly looking for a good pool that I can go to (pay per visit or month to month membership). I've ridden north to Beverly and Topsfield but haven't gone out much as I was in Europe until this past Monday.
2015-09-16 2:10 PM
in reply to: TriMDC

User image

Wakefield, Massachusetts
Subject: RE: Metro North Groups?
Hey! Sorry I'm just seeing this now - I haven't been on the forums much this summer as training and racing dried up with our move, and I've pretty much thrown in the towel for this year. But here's what I've found so far in the area:

Swimming
-The YMCA in Reading has a pool. Membership to the Y was around $90/month for a family (we have a 4 year old, so swim lessons and kid room were a draw). Haven't actually used the pool yet outside of swimming with my kids, but they also have a master's group I may try and join over the winter.
-Sadly no swimming in the lake in Wakefield (too dirty?). Mostly I hear about people doing OWS at Walden.

Biking
- North Shore Cyclists (http://www.nscyc.org/) does a Thursday ride that starts in Wakefield. The few times I've joined they've had a decent sized group with varied skill levels. I have a hard time getting home from work in Needham for their start time, so haven't been able to do much with them.
- There's also a group that rides from the Reading YMCA on Saturdays & Sundays. I joined them for the first time last weekend, and there were only 3 of us, which was fine for my first real ride all summer.

Running
- There is a running club (I forget the name) that does weekly track workouts at the HS in Reading, and weekly 5k around the lake in Wakefield.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Metro North Groups? Rss Feed