BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-10-02 6:39 PM
in reply to: #5116906

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)
GOOOOOOOOO, racers, and have fun celebrating afterwards. Janyne, I think you forgot the 10K trail run TJ mentioned earlier in the day.

Monica, you and I need to head-back off the DL!

Hope all you East Coasters aren't getting too waterlogged from all the rain you're getting.

2015-10-02 9:33 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

October 3-4
Ann-Marie - Harvest HM on Saturday
Steve - Leavenworth Marathon on Saturday
Janyne - Atomic Man HIM on Sunday
MR Matt - Ryanman HIM on Sunday
Melanie - Yuengling Oktoberfest 5K on Sunday
Adrienne - Mt. Whitney Run-summit on Monday

Sorry to hear that Maryland Mike's race, the Waterman's Sprint, was cancelled.

Disabled List
Mary - recovering from a fall
Monica - back

Go Ann-Marie, Steve, Janyne, MR Matt, Mel, Salty and TJ. Enjoy yourselves.
Get better Mary and Monica.
2015-10-03 4:49 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by StaceyK

Racing Manatees!!!

October 3-4

Disabled List
Monica - back

Go Ann-Marie, Steve, Janyne, MR Matt, Mel, Salty and TJ. Enjoy yourselves. Get better Mary and Monica.

go,racers !

Feel better Monica and Mary.

My race was cancelled because of the hurricane

2015-10-03 6:11 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

October 3-4

Disabled List
Monica - back

Go Ann-Marie, Steve, Janyne, MR Matt, Mel, Salty and TJ. Enjoy yourselves. Get better Mary and Monica.

go,racers !

well that's a reasonable excuse to cancel a race
I hope you are call safe
2015-10-03 7:04 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

October 3-4

Disabled List
Monica - back

go,racers !

Sorry to hear that Hands!  Have fun in Bryson City anyway.  

2015-10-04 5:47 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Congratulations Janyne!!!!!! You rock.

2015-10-04 6:14 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Congrats, Janyne! Awesome job today!! And, as Chris said, you ROCK!
2015-10-04 6:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by cdban66

Congratulations Janyne!!!!!! You rock.

we need details Chris!
2015-10-04 8:12 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I'll leave it to Janyne to get more in depth than this, but she did REALLY well, according to FB and IG.

2015-10-05 8:19 AM

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia

I'll leave it to Janyne to get more in depth than this, but she did REALLY well, according to FB and IG.

Yeah she did! Come brag Janyne!
2015-10-05 10:11 AM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Atlantia

Yeah she did! Come brag Janyne!

Yes, come brag!  She deserves to brag - she works/trains very hard and consistently and it is great to see the effort pay off for her!

2015-10-05 10:21 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

My race, or more importantly, my little mini-getaway, went very well.  My sister and friends went to the Easton Garlic Festival Saturday (the rain held off, yay!) at which we sampled lots of delicious and interesting garlic creations and bought various goodies, then had a wonderful dining experience at Molinari's (living up to my expectations yet again).  Sunday we raced the Yuengling Oktoberfest 5K, enjoyed Oktoberfest, toured the steel stacks, then had another yummy dining experience at Torre on the way home.  

For me, the race wasn't about putting down my best time but just getting out there and doing a respectable time.  My training has been very sporadic over the past few weeks, and while I feel I didn't lose too much fitness, I didn't have the drive to push myself hard as hard as I could've.  I was quite all right with pushing just a little bit.  My main goal was simply to have fun with my sister and friends.  Mission accomplished.

2015-10-05 10:36 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Racing Manatees!!!

October 3-4

Disabled List
Monica - back

Great job to all of the racers - and where the heck is Janyne to brag about her race??? 

As for me, I'm taking myself off the DL and have decided that I'm just going to beat my back into submission...  I know with my back & lack of training I'm doomed for any kind of a good finish at ATX 70.3, so I'm going to just toe the line on race day and have the best time out there!   

2015-10-05 11:45 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by melbo55

My race, or more importantly, my little mini-getaway, went very well.  My sister and friends went to the Easton Garlic Festival Saturday (the rain held off, yay!) at which we sampled lots of delicious and interesting garlic creations and bought various goodies, then had a wonderful dining experience at Molinari's (living up to my expectations yet again).  Sunday we raced the Yuengling Oktoberfest 5K, enjoyed Oktoberfest, toured the steel stacks, then had another yummy dining experience at Torre on the way home.  

For me, the race wasn't about putting down my best time but just getting out there and doing a respectable time.  My training has been very sporadic over the past few weeks, and while I feel I didn't lose too much fitness, I didn't have the drive to push myself hard as hard as I could've.  I was quite all right with pushing just a little bit.  My main goal was simply to have fun with my sister and friends.  Mission accomplished.

So glad you got away to have some fun.

2015-10-05 11:46 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
This week I am mostly learning how to build a pitched roof for my man cave (quiet space from the kids) from scratch. :/
2015-10-05 11:51 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by rrrunner

Yep, you deserve it.

By the way, TJ, final of Ultimate Hell week was on this Sunday gone. Haven't watched it yet, so no spoilers please. I only realised on the Russian episode that it was filmed about 20 miles from my house at Glan Usk Park. I noticed because the hills they were trekking up with the bergans and jerry cans were the Brecon Beacons. It's also where the SAS do their training and selection. Looking forward to the escape and evasion episode .

2015-10-05 12:06 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Richardsdrr
Originally posted by rrrunner

Yep, you deserve it. By the way, TJ, final of Ultimate Hell week was on this Sunday gone. Haven't watched it yet, so no spoilers please. I only realised on the Russian episode that it was filmed about 20 miles from my house at Glan Usk Park. I noticed because the hills they were trekking up with the bergans and jerry cans were the Brecon Beacons. It's also where the SAS do their training and selection. Looking forward to the escape and evasion episode .

Wow, that's cool that you have that connection to the series! No spoilers from me, I haven't seen it yet either.

2015-10-05 12:07 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Richardsdrr This week I am mostly learning how to build a pitched roof for my man cave (quiet space from the kids) from scratch. :/

Wow, good luck on your undertaking!

2015-10-05 12:41 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

So glad you had a fun weekend!!

Looking forward to hearing about Janyne's weekend! I hope all of the other racers had good races as well!
2015-10-05 1:31 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

I'll get my blurb in to not steal Janyne's thunder.  My race was going to be about survival, and I was aware of this going in.  Fortunately the swim got canceled (can't believe I'm that guy now) due to high winds.  Instead we did a 1.2 mile run, which I just ran at a manageable pace.  Said high winds made the bike pretty tricky, but I was able to get through it alright.   However during mile 40 I started to feel my left knee go numb a bit.  I'm thinking that my body wasn't adjusted to riding in aero for that long due to not training as much, so my IT band started to get irritated.  

The HM started out with me immediately getting  into a rhythm of jog until the knee hurt too much from IT irritation to jogging again.  I eventually got to the finish line, and was glad that it was over.

At this point I'm not sure what I'm wanting to do in the offseason.  For now, I'm going to enjoy not having to do anything and maybe ride my mountain bike some. 

Edited by msteiner 2015-10-05 1:32 PM
2015-10-05 3:12 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by msteiner

I'll get my blurb in to not steal Janyne's thunder.  My race was going to be about survival, and I was aware of this going in.  Fortunately the swim got canceled (can't believe I'm that guy now) due to high winds.  Instead we did a 1.2 mile run, which I just ran at a manageable pace.  Said high winds made the bike pretty tricky, but I was able to get through it alright.   However during mile 40 I started to feel my left knee go numb a bit.  I'm thinking that my body wasn't adjusted to riding in aero for that long due to not training as much, so my IT band started to get irritated.  

The HM started out with me immediately getting  into a rhythm of jog until the knee hurt too much from IT irritation to jogging again.  I eventually got to the finish line, and was glad that it was over.

At this point I'm not sure what I'm wanting to do in the offseason.  For now, I'm going to enjoy not having to do anything and maybe ride my mountain bike some. 

Wow, that sounds like a challenging race! Glad you got through it. I wonder if the weather had anything to do with the tight IT?

Anyway, relax and enjoy the off season.

2015-10-05 5:11 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

Master
Northern IL

Had found a ride on Sunday, saw it was by a state park I hadn't been to in over 20 years, so went down Saturday to hike it. Ended up going through the century faster than planned. Fun day even though it was almost entirely in the flat cornfields of central IL and had a decent diagonal wind the whole time. There was pie at the end.

2015-10-05 5:25 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by brigby1

Had found a ride on Sunday, saw it was by a state park I hadn't been to in over 20 years, so went down Saturday to hike it. Ended up going through the century faster than planned. Fun day even though it was almost entirely in the flat cornfields of central IL and had a decent diagonal wind the whole time. There was pie at the end.

Congrats on a great ride (even in cornfields). Yay pie!!!

2015-10-05 5:42 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by brigby1

MMMMM, pie!  Great job on the ride, complete with some KOM's.

2015-10-06 8:39 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by msteiner

Congrats on getting through it and enjoy the time off!
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66201 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 27810 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11769 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 36918 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66015 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.