BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-10-09 10:30 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Racing Manatees!!!

Sadly, there are no racers that I know of this week

Disabled list

Mary - recovering from a fall

A belated Happy Birthday!

October 7 was Laura's birthday

2015-10-09 10:32 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by jmkizer

I'm back from my racecation and I have managed to climb out from under a pile of computers at work (I have hundreds to install, I'm caught back up to where I need to be with the install team now).

My race went well and the weather even improved for it!  After more than a week of rain, the sun peaked out for us and it was actually sunny and warm for the run. I was the first masters woman which was a shock to me.  It was a small event, made smaller by people being scared off by the weather leading up to the race.

I'm glad to see that Melanie racecation went well too! I'm sure that you needed it.  

Darren, how's the Man Cave Construction Project going?  BTW, we talked about stray dogs in rural areas at our Tuna Run meeting.  One of the people on my team is a vet and she said to do exactly what you did.  Stop, put your hand out in a Halt sign and order the dog stop/wrong/no.  She said DO NOT mace the dog.  The places that we pass are very rural and in many cases, the owners will not (or will not be able to) treat the dogs.  

MR Matt, sorry about the knee/IT band problems.  I hope that you are feeling better now.

Ben, did you say pie?!

TJ, road trip to CT?  That'll be three *long* days in the car!  Isn't it like 2100 miles? That sounds like an adventure!  Did he escape Charleston before last week's deluge?

Stacey, I hope htat your allergies improve soon.  Great news about Brooks!  PUPPIES!

I sure hope that Mary is feeling some improvement.

Wow Janyne, huge congrats on being first Masters Woman! That is awesome!! You rock!!
2015-10-09 11:17 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Jet Black

I'm back from my racecation and I have managed to climb out from under a pile of computers at work (I have hundreds to install, I'm caught back up to where I need to be with the install team now).

My race went well and the weather even improved for it!  After more than a week of rain, the sun peaked out for us and it was actually sunny and warm for the run. I was the first masters woman which was a shock to me.  It was a small event, made smaller by people being scared off by the weather leading up to the race.

I'm glad to see that Melanie racecation went well too! I'm sure that you needed it.  

Darren, how's the Man Cave Construction Project going?  BTW, we talked about stray dogs in rural areas at our Tuna Run meeting.  One of the people on my team is a vet and she said to do exactly what you did.  Stop, put your hand out in a Halt sign and order the dog stop/wrong/no.  She said DO NOT mace the dog.  The places that we pass are very rural and in many cases, the owners will not (or will not be able to) treat the dogs.  

MR Matt, sorry about the knee/IT band problems.  I hope that you are feeling better now.

Ben, did you say pie?!

TJ, road trip to CT?  That'll be three *long* days in the car!  Isn't it like 2100 miles? That sounds like an adventure!  Did he escape Charleston before last week's deluge?

Stacey, I hope htat your allergies improve soon.  Great news about Brooks!  PUPPIES!

I sure hope that Mary is feeling some improvement.

Wow Janyne, huge congrats on being first Masters Woman! That is awesome!! You rock!!

^^^ Absolutetly this!!!!!!!!!!

I'm good with opening up to new folks. I'm sure they'd fit in fine with us old folks

2015-10-09 11:27 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

My race went well and the weather even improved for it!  After more than a week of rain, the sun peaked out for us and it was actually sunny and warm for the run. I was the first masters woman which was a shock to me.  It was a small event, made smaller by people being scared off by the weather leading up to the race. .

I was so stoked for you when I saw this.  I don't care how small the event is or what the circumstances are, a win is a win.  Combine that with a BQ effort earlier in the year and from where I stand, you've had an awesome year!!  Congratulations on all the hard work you've put in up until now.  You have earned it all.

ETA: I have been updating my list to be a little more "current", so I am A-OK with new members.

Edited by cdban66 2015-10-09 11:28 AM
2015-10-09 11:57 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by cdban66

My race went well and the weather even improved for it!  After more than a week of rain, the sun peaked out for us and it was actually sunny and warm for the run. I was the first masters woman which was a shock to me.  It was a small event, made smaller by people being scared off by the weather leading up to the race. .

I was so stoked for you when I saw this.  I don't care how small the event is or what the circumstances are, a win is a win.  Combine that with a BQ effort earlier in the year and from where I stand, you've had an awesome year!!  Congratulations on all the hard work you've put in up until now.  You have earned it all.

ETA: I have been updating my list to be a little more "current", so I am A-OK with new members.

Does anyone *object* to new members? 

2015-10-09 11:59 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

no objection.

2015-10-09 12:06 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

no objection.

OK, I guess if there are no objections between now and Monday (New York time), we can recruit some new victims.

BTW, I asked Yanti to create a new thread for us since we have topped 100 pages in this one. 

2015-10-09 12:11 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

no objection.

OK, I guess if there are no objections between now and Monday (New York time), we can recruit some new victims.

BTW, I asked Yanti to create a new thread for us since we have topped 100 pages in this one. 

Doesn't she have another wedding or honeymoon to go to!?!?!

Edited by cdban66 2015-10-09 12:11 PM
2015-10-09 12:15 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

no objection.

Spoken like an attorney

2015-10-09 12:52 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

no objection.

Doesn't she have another wedding or honeymoon to go to!?!?!

And travel back to Australia as well -- at least from what her race schedule says.  I PM'd her so we'll see.

2015-10-09 12:55 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by rrrunner

no objection.

Spoken like an attorney

2015-10-09 1:40 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

How do we feel about pruning the Manatees, so to speak?  We have a lot of inactive Manatees at the moment.  While there is nothing wrong with that and we have the whole "once a Manatee, always a Manatee" thing going, I feel like like we have a lot of drop in once in a while folks.  If we prune the Active list, we could maybe open the group back up to amp it up a bit more.  Thoughts?

Sure, recruit away, but please don't prune me!  Well, if you could literally (see, used properly, I think, Chris) prune some of me, that would be great.  I seem to have picked up 7 pounds since my lightest in early summer.    

And congrats on your Masters podium spot!

Stacey - thanks for the dog pics, they are such beasts!

2015-10-09 1:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Grats, Janyne!  You killed it!

2015-10-09 2:11 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pennsylvania

Dog treats I bought today at the coffee (or caramel apple cider) shop on campus.  Hopefully they won't be scared of the ghost!

2015-10-09 2:12 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by melbo55

How do we feel about pruning the Manatees, so to speak?  We have a lot of inactive Manatees at the moment.  While there is nothing wrong with that and we have the whole "once a Manatee, always a Manatee" thing going, I feel like like we have a lot of drop in once in a while folks.  If we prune the Active list, we could maybe open the group back up to amp it up a bit more.  Thoughts?

Sure, recruit away, but please don't prune me!  Well, if you could literally (see, used properly, I think, Chris) prune some of me, that would be great.  I seem to have picked up 7 pounds since my lightest in early summer.    

Of course not!  What I did on my "roster" was change it from 2015 Manatees to Active Manatees.  Like I said early, we still have the "once a Manatee, always a Manatee" thing going on.  If Matt TX came back, we'd welcome him, right?  Just add him to the roster.  I think that roster is useful because it provides the Real Name to BT Login translation.  I think it's nice when we can call you Melanie rather than melbo55, that's all ;-

2015-10-09 3:30 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I've had a very busy week so haven't been able to pop in much.

Congrats to Janyne on a great race.  Thought you handled the dog thing about as well as one can Darren.  I have had a few bad situations with dogs on trails and I am certainly wary and quite annoyed when people do not handle their pets.

It is a beautiful Fall day here.  I little windy with leaves blowing around and trees coming into full color.  Can't wait to get off work and get a short run in.  Re-tweaked my achilles slightly the other day when I got sprayed by a skunk in our backyard.  I turned and dove as he sprayed.  My tendon just cannot take that kind of sudden twisting motion.  I'll have to take it cautiously for a few more days.

Marathon last week was so much fun.  Had a great run going to about 21 miles before legs hurt enough to force me to hobble the rest.  I was still happy with my speed and strength up to that point.  The Oktoberfest afterwards was even more fun.  

(LVN.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
LVN.jpg (110KB - 15 downloads)

2015-10-09 3:35 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by popsracer

Congrats to Janyne on a great race.  Thought you handled the dog thing about as well as one can Darren.  I have had a few bad situations with dogs on trails and I am certainly wary and quite annoyed when people do not handle their pets.

It is a beautiful Fall day here.  I little windy with leaves blowing around and trees coming into full color.  Can't wait to get off work and get a short run in.  Re-tweaked my achilles slightly the other day when I got sprayed by a skunk in our backyard.  I turned and dove as he sprayed.  My tendon just cannot take that kind of sudden twisting motion.  I'll have to take it cautiously for a few more days.

Marathon last week was so much fun.  Had a great run going to about 21 miles before legs hurt enough to force me to hobble the rest.  I was still happy with my speed and strength up to that point.  The Oktoberfest afterwards was even more fun.  

Oooooh, not good - neither the spraying nor the tweaked Achilles.  Maybe your enjoyment of the cool, pretty fall weather could involve sitting outside,  propping up that ankle and enjoying a cold beverage.  Yay Oktoberfest!  Prost!  Oh, and nice leiderhosen , looks like the real McCoy.

Edited by melbo55 2015-10-09 3:36 PM
2015-10-09 3:40 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by popsracer

Oooooh, not good - neither the spraying nor the tweaked Achilles.  Maybe your enjoyment of the cool, pretty fall weather could involve sitting outside,  propping up that ankle and enjoying a cold beverage.  Yay Oktoberfest!  Prost!  Oh, and nice leiderhosen , looks like the real McCoy.

Thanks Melanie.  Here's the whole outfit.  I've always wanted to rock Oktoberfest wearing these.  Thought about running in them but they are very heavy.

(LVN2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
LVN2.jpg (141KB - 15 downloads)
2015-10-09 5:27 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Master

Originally posted by Jet Black
Originally posted by StaceyK My only question would be, were you running through an off leash dog park? If not then you handled it correctly, maybe with the exception of the name calling (surely you could have come up with better than that ). If you were in an off leash dog park then it might be a little more grey. I totally get where you are coming from though. Like you I have big dogs and they are very, very intimidating, I therefore attempt to train them properly. It really really sh!ts me when people think that their dog is little, or cute, or friendly and therefore they can do what they damn well please. We used to take our dogs (all Mastiffs) to an off leash dog beach which was great. But I got so sick of dealing with the owners of small dogs that we have found somewhere else. The final straw was we were walking along the beach and this tiny chihuahua comes running up to one of our dogs and gets under her stomach and starts nipping at her stomach and legs. The stupid owner stood there and giggled and laughed about "how cute is that she's taking on the big dog." I saw red and told her not to be so bloody stupid and that I doubt she would find it funny if my dog retaliated and bit back because then she would have a dead chihuahua and it would be all her own fault. About right on cue my dog got jack of it and thankfully didn't bite but just pinned the chihuahua down with her paw so that it couldn't move, gave it a great big slobbery lick and let it go. The owner picked it up (covered in sandy mastiff slobber) and flounced off. Unfortunately you can't stop dumb people owning dogs.
I've got a similar beach story. Before I had kids I was into AKC retriever games and trained my lab to the highest level, Master Hunter. Walking at heel off leash is second nature to him. So we were walking down the beach, him off leash and perfectly at heel and this little yippy dog runs right up to him barking and trying to instigate something. I was rather annoyed but wasn't worried about the situation as I knew my dog wouldn't break heel. Well I was wrong. He lifted his leg and hosed that little dog down and then went right back to heel. I was trying not to laugh as the other owner looked on, but that little booger got what he deserved.

Snerk!  Gosh, wouldn't it be great to do that to the owner too!

2015-10-09 5:30 PM

User image

Master

I'm not sure, as a less-active Manatee, if I get a vote, but I think it is a good idea.  I do like the updated list to know who is who.  

I don't post much lately, but follow along with the chatter.  Work is just crazy, as usual, so I don't find a lot of time to add on.  I should be working right now, as a matter of fact.... :D. 

2015-10-09 5:45 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IronOx

I'm not sure, as a less-active Manatee, if I get a vote, but I think it is a good idea.  I do like the updated list to know who is who.  

I don't post much lately, but follow along with the chatter.  Work is just crazy, as usual, so I don't find a lot of time to add on.  I should be working right now, as a matter of fact.... :D. 

Less Active =! Inactive

2015-10-09 6:27 PM

User image

Master

Less Active =! Inactive

2015-10-09 7:43 PM

User image

Kirsten, we need to start talking more so we don't get pruned!

(I follow the chatter as well and marvel about how we all do this crazy stuff!)
2015-10-09 8:03 PM

Master
Northern IL

Less Active =! Inactive

Pretty sure that symbol means "does not equal". 

2015-10-09 8:18 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by brigby1

Less Active =! Inactive

Pretty sure that symbol means "does not equal". 

Correct.  Less active is not the same thing as not active within the group.  I was thinking of moving people like Kate, Jo, Jojo, Havok, Nancy, Amy, Neil, Mike, Michael, Debbie, Jonathan, and Jen to an "inactive" status and keeping pretty much everyone else on the "active" roster (with drop ins welcomed).  If your name was mentioned as being "inactive" and you feel that is incorrect, please let us know that you are still around.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66196 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 27809 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11769 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 36918 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66012 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.