General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Should I sell my P2 and buy a road bike? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2015-07-23 8:31 AM
in reply to: Miles around Midtown

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago, USA
Subject: RE: Should I sell my P2 and buy a road bike?
Did you try the drop bars option at all? I think that's the route I may go. I have a 70.3 a month from today so if I'm doing anything I need to act FAST.

Thanks!

Not sure about the OP, but a good number of athletes have done this successfully. If it helps, we have a sampling of photos of such set ups here on one of our fb albums. Give it a shot.

Greg @ dsw

2015-07-23 9:36 AM
in reply to: DarkSpeedWorks

User image

Extreme Veteran
Detroit, Michigan
Originally posted by DarkSpeedWorks

Did you try the drop bars option at all? I think that's the route I may go. I have a 70.3 a month from today so if I'm doing anything I need to act FAST.

Thanks!

Not sure about the OP, but a good number of athletes have done this successfully. If it helps, we have a sampling of photos of such set ups here on one of our fb albums. Give it a shot.

Greg @ dsw

Yes, I saw this, thanks! I was a bit relieved to see what looks like a few P1s (what I ride) in there. =)
2015-07-23 10:41 AM
in reply to: meggfishy

Originally posted by meggfishy

Just realized I never updated this!

So...I bought a road bike. I test rode a ton of different models and ended up fitting best on a Cervelo R2. My fitter was kind enough to squeeze me in right away, so I've been on the bike a lot across the past week and a half, including an 80-mile ride last weekend. It makes a world of difference for me in climbing and especially descending to have my shifters under my hands instead of having to take my hands off and reach forward mid-descent. The road bike is also more comfortable to ride, and I'm roughly the same speed as on the tri bike.

I'm hanging on to the P2 for now, with the hope that if the road bike makes riding less of a chore, I'll be a more relaxed rider on the whole and more able to get into aero without freaking out. But based on comfort -- I'm definitely doing Syracuse and IMMT on the road bike. It's a no brainer for me.

Well...how did you like your new roadie for Syracuse 70.3?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Should I sell my P2 and buy a road bike? Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Buying Bike Online-First Road Bike

Started by ChemNerd23
Views: 1532 Posts: 7

2013-04-29 3:22 PM mmrocker13

What should I sell my road bike for?

Started by birdog41
Views: 1744 Posts: 8

2011-09-23 9:14 AM Swimbikeron

Buying second bike - tri or road bike with budget under $2,500

Started by Jerry Zimm
Views: 2795 Posts: 4

2011-07-07 7:02 PM Oldteen

Sell My Road Bike? Pages: 1 2

Started by highenuff
Views: 2695 Posts: 31

2009-09-03 8:36 PM losta

Sell the road bike for a disc wheelset??

Started by bmcgee
Views: 1416 Posts: 7

2009-05-29 7:31 PM generalee2010
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 25, 2014
author : jtriathlete
comments : 12
I'm jumping back into the long-distance races next year and I'm wondering the best way to spend my money? Should I buy a new bike or a powermeter and race wheels?

date : February 26, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
If you are a person who feels safer on the trails rather than the road, but you still want to race, this article will help you better train.
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : December 12, 2009
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.
date : April 20, 2009
I'm considering a road frame buildup, what considerations should I take into account when swapping all of my components from my current setup to a new frame?

date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : August 13, 2008
author : say78
In February, I was given a very special gift: a gift certificate to buy a nice road bike. That's when I realized there was no turning back. I WAS doing this.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
comments : 1
Well I said that I was not going to do it this season, but I cracked. I broke down and bought a new bike. I went out and bought a shiny new Cannondale road bike.