General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from Utah- just started training! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-27 8:19 AM

User image

Subject: New from Utah- just started training!
Hello! I am from Utah and just starting my triathlon training (for an Olympic size in September!). I started running last summer and have run two half marathons and just ran a full marathon a week and a half ago. My husband has been doing triathlons (half Ironman races) for a couple of years so I am going to give it a shot.

I swam in high school but that was 20 years ago so I feel like I am starting over. I've really only ever ridden mountain bikes and beachcruisers up until now...my road bike feels so different!

So far this week, I've biked (ftp test on a trainer), run(although my knee still hurts from the Ogden marathon), swam and completed a round of light weights and core strengthening.

I look forward to gathering tips and support from other newbies and experienced triathlons.

2015-05-27 9:06 AM
in reply to: jaeloco

User image

Subject: RE: New from Utah- just started training!
Welcome to BT and the amazingly addictive world of triathlons!!! Congrats on your marathon finish - your endurance capabilities there will serve you well as you venture to tris. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, so go soak it all up. It sounds like you have a tremendous resource at home with your husband, so be sure to pick his brain and get his advice, too.

Good luck with your training!!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from Utah- just started training! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New from Utah

Started by SnowVols
Views: 721 Posts: 3

2013-02-06 9:58 AM mruss77

Sandy, Utah training!

Started by pv.ironman
Views: 810 Posts: 4

2012-01-02 12:22 PM geauxtri

I'm new from Utah

Started by genevievepelissie
Views: 1101 Posts: 8

2010-05-11 7:29 AM PennState

New to the Forum...Starting Tri Training for next season

Started by Mig
Views: 788 Posts: 3

2008-08-11 1:08 PM Mig

New Triathlete from UTAH!!!

Started by Moo2005
Views: 737 Posts: 13

2005-06-10 12:16 PM Moo2005
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : December 10, 2009
author : aklc
comments : 14
I lift my head to sight, thinking I must be pretty close to the first buoy already. My heart sank, I looked back and saw that I had only gone approximately 50 yards. This as going to be tough.
date : December 27, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 5
Are you a new swimmer starting your triathlon training? Here are some top answers to member questions as you begin your triathlon swim training.

date : August 22, 2006
author : Team BT
Vytra TOBAY Triathlon swim start provided by jpcan.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
These ladies are impressive. This video will show you what you will have to look forward to at a wave start.

date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.