Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Prize Money For Pros and Age Group Athletes at Niagara Falls Barrelman Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-29 3:55 PM

Veteran
London, Ontario
Subject: Prize Money For Pros and Age Group Athletes at Niagara Falls Barrelman
Given the recent discussions regarding North American races and prize money, I wanted to let people know the Niagara Falls Barrelman will once again have prize money. We offer an OPEN PRIZE PURSE of $5000 with the prize money awarded to the top 5 male and top 5 female finishers, whether Pro or Age Group. The money will be allocated as follows:
1st - $1,000
2nd- $750
3rd - $500
4th - $150
5th - $100

Last week I was talking with a U.S. pro who will be racing with us this year and he asked if Lionel Sanders will be defending his Barrelman title. All I could tell him was, the last time I spoke with Lionel, he said that Barrelman was on his radar but it would depend on where he was in his final preparation for Kona. There is a chance he will not be racing Barrelman and, although the MSC team would love to have Lionel back in 2015, this could be good news for the competition!

The U.S. dollar is still about 20% than the Canadian, effectively a 20% discount. There are other updates to the run course and more in our latest newsletter: http://conta.cc/1PSMyKK

We have also just realized, as far as we can tell, Barrelman was the second largest independent non 70.3 half in North America!
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Prize Money For Pros and Age Group Athletes at Niagara Falls Barrelman Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Exciting Changes To Niagara Falls Barrelman Swim and T1

Started by John Salt
Views: 629 Posts: 2

2015-03-27 8:42 PM Puppetmaster

Niagara Falls Barrelman Hockey Sweater

Started by John Salt
Views: 655 Posts: 1

2014-03-27 5:03 PM John Salt

Latest Winners In Niagara Falls Barrelman Early Bird Dreaw!

Started by John Salt
Views: 507 Posts: 1

2014-03-25 7:01 AM John Salt

More Niagara Falls Half Iron Early Bird Prizes!

Started by John Salt
Views: 759 Posts: 1

2014-01-17 4:28 PM John Salt

Fort Erie - Niagara Falls Bike Loop

Started by Kurtie
Views: 967 Posts: 2

2009-06-16 8:37 PM Swimmer Scott
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 18, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
BT amateurs compete in San Diego race on the world stage.

date : October 21, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
Part Three: What's Reality Got to Do with Anything Old?
date : September 16, 2011
Part Two: On Appreciation and Acceptance. At some point your body will let you down. Then you have to decide whether it is really the enemy.

date : August 19, 2011
comments : 1
Part One: On Speed, Desire and Age. There are some advantages to running slowly. Now, give me a minute here and I'll try to think of one.
date : April 14, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
A disappointing start to the season need not set the tone.

date : March 17, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 5
Being a pro triathlete is even more boring than you might have thought
date : March 10, 2011
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete

date : August 17, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
37-year-old Bill Fults is an age-group triathlete. But by day he's an Air Flight Paramedic. He also spent the better part of a decade as an Army Ranger.