Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » OWS's and Practise Triathlons in Region of Waterloo Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-22 7:11 AM

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON
Subject: OWS's and Practise Triathlons in Region of Waterloo Area
I'm looking for some good locations to do OWS's in the Region of Waterloo, and even some practice Triathlon (Swim to Bike To Run) locations.

I'm in the Elmira area (North end of Region of Waterloo) and not sure where I could go. I know Guelph Lake is about a 30-35 minute drive...but wondering if there is anything closer in the area?

Anyone have any recommendations or spots locally that are good for Triathletes to practise OWS's and Tri's?

Thanks,

TCO

2015-06-22 4:47 PM
in reply to: TheCrownsOwn

Subject: RE: OWS's and Practise Triathlons in Region of Waterloo Area
You'll find a lot of triathletes at Gullivers Lake on the weekend. It's a little bit further than Guelph Lake though. The lake is a 1km loop. It's right in the country, so great for cycling.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » OWS's and Practise Triathlons in Region of Waterloo Area Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

OWS in the Kitchener Waterloo area... what do folks do?

Started by pilot_e
Views: 2143 Posts: 9

2013-06-18 6:50 PM cbskillz

OWS - Chatham Area

Started by Goop68
Views: 825 Posts: 3

2012-06-09 5:51 PM Goop68

New pool opened in Waterloo Region

Started by Bopper
Views: 945 Posts: 5

2012-01-18 4:43 PM Bopper

Barrie area.....OWS

Started by jsmoon
Views: 1184 Posts: 3

2011-05-08 7:44 PM marvintpa

Looking for Tri Students @ Waterloo or Laurier

Started by AdamHammoud
Views: 1024 Posts: 4

2009-04-13 8:47 PM bjacklin
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : October 20, 2008
author : Lora109
comments : 9
I got about a minute into it and, despite bracing myself against it for months, I panicked. I could not get my breath. I said, "I can't do this, I can't do this."
date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 0
Some are getting a little OWS practice in, others are strategizing, the rest are just plain scared.
date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
How triathlons are very similiar to NASCAR.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
How to properly and effectively lay out your triathlon transition area.