Subject: IMKY 2015
Anyone here doing IMKY?

We're about 3 months out.

2015-07-18 12:21 PM
in reply to: d00d

User image

Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Subject: RE: IMKY 2015
I had to Google what IMKY is..and went to their site, and watched that video. Dang..it had me in tears watching those people finish.

An Ironman would be an awesome accomplishment. That looks like a perfect venue to do it. I have a long road to get to that level - but maybe if that becomes my goal it could happen. Thanks for mentioning it..that is sometimes how big journeys start...!

Are you doing it?

BeachAV8R
2015-07-28 1:25 PM
in reply to: BeachAV8R

User image

Elite
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
Originally posted by BeachAV8R

I had to Google what IMKY is..and went to their site, and watched that video. Dang..it had me in tears watching those people finish.

An Ironman would be an awesome accomplishment. That looks like a perfect venue to do it. I have a long road to get to that level - but maybe if that becomes my goal it could happen. Thanks for mentioning it..that is sometimes how big journeys start...!

Are you doing it?

BeachAV8R

AV8R...Ironman is blood, sweat, and tears...especially if you stick around at the finish close to when the clock is ticking down. Resilience, hope, and strength of character are in abundance there! Hard to not get caught up in the moment!

Whatever you do, don't rush into an Ironman. Enjoy the journey getting there. Ironmans are friggin' hard and require a lot of commitment. It's best if you learn to train, eat, manage your time properly FIRST...putting in a few seasons of triathlon will pay dividends when you do decide to sign up.

That being said, after you complete your first Ironman, you'll never be the same.

Yes, I'm doing it. This will be my second IMKY, and fourth iron distance. I love Ironmans and will race them until I can't anymore!
2015-07-28 9:13 PM
in reply to: d00d

User image

Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Originally posted by d00d
AV8R...Ironman is blood, sweat, and tears...especially if you stick around at the finish close to when the clock is ticking down. Resilience, hope, and strength of character are in abundance there! Hard to not get caught up in the moment!

It looks like it. Hell though..if Al Trautwig read the telephone book I'd probably cry... (I miss him commentating on the Tour de France..)

Whatever you do, don't rush into an Ironman. Enjoy the journey getting there. Ironmans are friggin' hard and require a lot of commitment. It's best if you learn to train, eat, manage your time properly FIRST...putting in a few seasons of triathlon will pay dividends when you do decide to sign up.

Most definitely. My goal now is to improve in sprints, then try an olympic (my hometown olympic), then we'll re-evaluate. I'm 43 - I've got a bit of time (a lot of time if you watch some of those incredible finishers!)..

That being said, after you complete your first Ironman, you'll never be the same.

Heck, running that sprint tri last week was life changing for me. The training dropped me 15 pounds, and gave me a real and attainable healthy purpose in life. I wrote a message to the guy that sold me his tri bike back in January and thanked him profusely for getting the deal done for me..it really has changed my life.

Yes, I'm doing it. This will be my second IMKY, and fourth iron distance. I love Ironmans and will race them until I can't anymore!

Good luck. I'm looking forward to reading a post-race account! You inspire not just the people on the sidelines, but others that would love to follow in your footsteps someday...

BeachAV8R
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMKY 2015 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tide strength for 2015 Beach 2 Battleship

Started by Zelmo
Views: 2681 Posts: 12

2015-02-07 3:35 PM Tommasini Guy

FS Series 2015 schedule

Started by jmkizer
Views: 733 Posts: 4

2015-01-08 2:15 PM d00d

What are you racing in 2015?! Pages: 1 2 3

Started by d00d
Views: 3360 Posts: 51

2014-12-10 12:28 PM d00d
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 5, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on river swims, speedsuits, road bike at IMKY, FOP IM pointers, saddle positioning, run8/walk2 method, treadmill to outside running, heelstriking and HRM on race day.