General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open water swimming areas Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-20 1:51 PM

User image

Subject: Open water swimming areas
Hi,

Can anyone let me know some good OWS areas in the southern NH area?
Specifically Bedord/Goffstown area or vicinity?

thanks!

2015-07-23 2:09 PM
in reply to: johnp12

User image

New user
New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Open water swimming areas
I know a lot of people swim at Glenn lake in Goffstown. Be careful where you park if you're not a resident. I've heard they will ticket if you don't have a sticker and park in the resident only spots.
2015-07-24 7:20 AM
in reply to: GoldenSprocket

User image

Subject: RE: Open water swimming areas
thanks,

I did notice the residence only signs last weekend when I stopped by. I had never seen those before.
It looked like all parking was for residents. I will need to see if there is parking anywhere else but at
first glance I did not think so

thanks for your response

John
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open water swimming areas Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Open water swim

Started by JRowe81
Views: 1309 Posts: 2

2009-09-09 7:28 PM 2L33T4U

Nashua Area Open Swimming

Started by jpitkin
Views: 1605 Posts: 4

2009-09-09 6:45 PM JRowe81

Open water swim practice in Concord area?

Started by offrhodes
Views: 5955 Posts: 13

2009-09-11 7:16 AM offrhodes

Open Water Swims

Started by bpayeur
Views: 1232 Posts: 4

2008-06-09 4:38 AM Slugger

Seacoast Open Water Swim Locations?

Started by KevinNH
Views: 1292 Posts: 3

2008-02-22 6:11 PM lobstergirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : August 12, 2010
author : 10Kswim.com
comments : 2
Learn what the world's best open water swimmers look for, think about and do during a world-class open water swim and it's implications for triathletes looking to improve the swim leg of their race.
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.