United States
CAPRI Events
Overcast
Total Time = 55m 21s
Overall Rank = 299/525
Age Group = F20-29
Age Group Rank = 52/98
Pre-race routine:

I ate a small bowl of honey nut cheerios, but did'nt drink the milk. I also drank water on the way to the race.
Event warmup:

A little bit of stretching and a lot of talking.
Swim
  • 11m 3s
  • 375 meters
  • 02m 57s / 100 meters
Comments:

I was surprisingly not nervous at all at the beginining of this race which was surprising since it was my first triathlon. The water temperature was very nice and refreshing, I didn't think it was too cold at all. After I ran out deep enough that I could actually start swimming I had a really hard time getting into a rhythm. The water was very crowded and this combined with not too much open water swimming made it hard to do my usual 4 strokes then breath. I had a hard time even doing 2 strokes then breathing. I did a little breat stroke but found that I was still getting kicked around, I ended up doing a bit of backstroke and that helped to keep me moving and pass some people. Once I rounded the buoy I tried swimming freestyle again, but with more success, especially in the last quarter of the swim.
What would you do differently?:

I need to practice swimming in open water more, as well as practicing breating on both sides.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

I was a little sad I couldnt be in the water longer, but I still ran out of the water through the transition anyway.

nada
Bike
  • 28m 11s
  • 10 kms
  • 21.29 km/hr
Comments:

I passed a few people surprisingly haha. When I went to get my bike tuned up this earlier last week the guy said, "I can't believe your competing with that, it's so heavy!" I think riding my Huffy 10-speed will just make my legs stronger for when I can afford a real bike.

I need to learn how to make the turn at the loop without coming to so much of a stop, I felt like I was going to run off the course. I've been working on a higher cadence and not just pushing hard in a high gear.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

I thought about jumping off the bike, but when it came time to do it I chickened out because I didn't want to fall. I already had my running shoes on, I took one last sip of water and off I went.

nothing
Run
  • 16m 7s
  • 2.5 kms
  • 06m 27s  min/km
Comments:

I have a really hard time drinking water on the run. I felt very hydrated, but at the water station I would always try to drink anyway, just to practice. I didnt improve my technique at all, most of it still ended up all over myself. The one thing that I am most proud about this run was that nobody passed me! It was a good confidence booster. I thought the run would feel longer and was a little confused when I saw the finish line, I still had a lot in me, I could have been running harder on the second half of the run! I ended the race with a hard sprint.

Run harder in the second half
Post race
Warm down:

I ate a banana and walked around a little.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My old Huffy. I could have trained a little harder in my running...and my swimming. Even though my biking was the worst I really think it is my equipment and not me completely, although I am working on pulling as well as pushing I've been training on the bike the most since I ride my bike to and from work once or twice a week (18ish miles I think.)

Event comments:

I definately have to do another triathlon! It really helped having my dad cheer me on because whenever I would see him I would push harder. Next tri I am going to drag my friends out of bed and place them all over the course so that I don't slack.

Last updated: 2006-08-22 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:03 | 375 meters | 02m 57s / 100meters
Age Group: 49/98
Overall: 274/525
Performance: Below average
Suit: regular old swimsuit
Course:
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:28:11 | 10 kms | 21.29 km/hr
Age Group: 59/98
Overall: 373/525
Performance: Bad
I did time each of my laps, but my dad said i got faster each lap.
Wind:
Course: I don't like doing loops, I'd prefer a point A to B.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: ?
Turns: Below average Cornering:
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:16:07 | 02.5 kms | 06m 27s  min/km
Age Group: 31/98
Overall: 189/525
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-08-28 10:22 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Fleet Feet Sports Supersprint

2006-08-30 9:17 PM
in reply to: #525235

User image

, Texas
Subject: RE: Fleet Feet Sports Supersprint
Congrats on your first try. It's easy to get hooked and it really sounds like you had fun.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Fleet Feet Sports Supersprint Rss Feed