Moderators: the bear, DerekL, Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 14

2017-05-09 7:06 AM
in reply to: Blanda

User image

Master
Saigon, Vietnam
Subject: RE: Where did all the BTers go?
I missed you! I think you were one of the only people who agreed with me that fishball noodles could be a great pre-race meal! Welcome back! I'm still in Vietnam and still eating noodles.... I hear you about how demotivating getting sick is. I got the flu two days before my second HIM (Vietnam in 2015). Did the race anyway, but nowhere near what I was capable of, and came very close to quitting the sport in frustration over my crappy luck. (It was far from the first time I'd gotten sick before a big race.) Ended up getting a coach who has at least partly helped me figure out my issues with overtraining and taper (and.....ugh....the bike) and ended up qualifying for 70.3 Worlds last year.

Set a goal ("maintenance" isn't that motivating!) and take it step by step.....it'll come back!

2017-05-15 8:39 AM
in reply to: max

User image

Champion
Placitas, New Mexico

Welcome back Max!  

I've been away for quite a while, but started this morning on the long path towards active.  Now in Albuquerque.  I ran my slowest 5K ever (of course, that was my first run in over 6 months).  

2017-06-14 2:19 AM
in reply to: skipg

User image

Expert
Ontario
Returning to the site over the past few weeks, after a LOOOOONG absence. The forums do seem kinda barren, they used to be so active. (I was here mostly 2006 - 2011)After an injury and a family crisis I lost interest in not just BT but triathlon in general. I tried to keep up with running but had a string of injuries and haven't done much of anything the past couple years.Recently started a couch to 5k program in one last attempt to become a runner once again. So far so good. It's kinda sad to be starting over at zero when I used to do 5 mile runs after working a 12 hour day.I wasn't too active when i was on the site years ago but I see a lot of familiar names in this thread. I'm glad to see the site still around and plan to use the logs again.
2017-06-17 7:22 AM
in reply to: cathyd

User image

Originally posted by cathyd Returning to the site over the past few weeks, after a LOOOOONG absence. The forums do seem kinda barren, they used to be so active. (I was here mostly 2006 - 2011)After an injury and a family crisis I lost interest in not just BT but triathlon in general. I tried to keep up with running but had a string of injuries and haven't done much of anything the past couple years.Recently started a couch to 5k program in one last attempt to become a runner once again. So far so good. It's kinda sad to be starting over at zero when I used to do 5 mile runs after working a 12 hour day.I wasn't too active when i was on the site years ago but I see a lot of familiar names in this thread. I'm glad to see the site still around and plan to use the logs again.

Welcome back! Good luck getting back to running. I didn't run much the last couple of years due to injury also. I am so much slower it is very frustrating but I'm so thankful to be running regularly again without pain. The logs keep me coming back here every day.

2017-07-20 8:21 AM
in reply to: 0

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Hello, BT:
  I stopped in to see how things are going since some time has passed.

When I stated that I left for personal issues (back in 2015, I believe), it was because Her Yantiness passed me on the post padding.  I went into a deep emotional abyss.  I think I'm finally recovering.  Life hasn't been the same.

Then BirkieRunner shaved his mustache, since Elitists do that, donchaknow.  It turned me off and I had to get away.

Then when Kido proclaimed Crossfit was his new love, it tore me apart.

A person can only take so many punches to the gut.

*disclaimer: all statements are not true, except for the greeting and first sentence.

Edited by 1stTimeTri 2017-07-20 8:22 AM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Where did all the BTers go? Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 14