General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie crazy mom. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-25 2:12 PM

Subject: Newbie crazy mom.
Hey you all. I'm Mel. 27 yo. Mom of 3 boys with a wonderful husband. Been in the track and field since 4th grade, eventually stopped around the sophomore years due to overage issue in our school. Didn't pursue my dreams until now that I need to be active for my family.

So the triathlon thing wasn't in my agenda. Lol. I didn't even know about triathlon 'until I saw an IM on my husbands sports channel. I was into marathons only then. Ask him what it is all about and told me they are the best athletes in the world. They swim 2.4 bike 112 and run 26.2 and my jaw dropped!!! Like, they are crazy people.

So from then I had some thoughts that I could be a triathlete and crazy too. Some things in life that are too common and I just want to be different. I cooked, clean, change diapers chaperoned my kids etc. and these will not stop me from becoming a triathlete.

I'm planning to have my sprint triathlon in 4 weeks and getting myself ready. Will be training for my swim next week. Been joining 5ks here and there. And ran at least 4-5 week for 3miles to build my endurance.

This is a great place to be. I love reading forums from other folks and I am not alone for sure.

Best of luck.
Mel

2015-08-31 12:00 PM
in reply to: Meldita

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Newbie crazy mom.

Welcome! I had the same experience seeing my then BF (now husband) do an ironman back in 2007. No kids or anything then but you seem like you have determination which is a big ingredient of being a triathlete!

Best of luck in your sprint in a few weeks. Post a race report when you get a chance! 

2015-09-02 10:27 AM
in reply to: Meldita

User image

Regular
Grand Junction, Colorado
Subject: RE: Newbie crazy mom.
Welcome to the club!! Enjoy the experience and keep your first sprint simple. Share your adventures and post photos when you can. Cheers

(G0011202.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
G0011202.JPG (3011KB - 7 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie crazy mom. Rss Feed