General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mock OLY Tri or... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-27 2:09 PM

Subject: Mock OLY Tri or...
Hi Everyone,

I am building up to my HIM, and during my training I was hoping to do an OLY somewhere in the mix. I have however been unable to locate a OLY race during the months of Late DEC - early MARCH in SOCAL. So, my plan was to do a mock OLY race in Huntington Beach, Ca.

Current schedule
Pacific Coast sprint tri ......................................................Sept 13th
Long Beach Combo 20mile bike ride and Half marathon........ Oct 11
ORCA 30mile bike Sat, 10miler Huntington Beach Sun ........ Oct 24th and 25th
Turkey Tri Bonelli Park Sprint S: .5 B: 14mile R:4.5mile .......Nov 22nd

I would like to get some advice on doing this or if anyone is aware of a race relatively close to H.B., CA during these times.

Thanks,
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mock OLY Tri or... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I did my first "mock Tri" tonight!!!!

Started by Freeswimmingfish
Views: 503 Posts: 2

2004-06-18 11:14 PM slow&steady

Mock Tri's - How Many is Too Many

Started by misolis
Views: 656 Posts: 2

2004-05-14 2:51 PM COgirl

re: mock tri blues

Started by infosteward
Views: 879 Posts: 9

2004-05-14 1:25 PM dhlundblad

Danny's Mock Tri #2 (4/10/04)

Started by dhyte
Views: 643 Posts: 2

2004-04-10 8:44 PM dhyte

Danny's Mock Tri #2 (4/10/04)

Started by dhyte
Views: 543 Posts: 1

2004-04-10 8:17 PM dhyte
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : mikericci
I'm in decent shape and have no weight to lose but have absolutely no tri experience, what’s the best plan of attack that won't put me back in the waiting room?
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : July 17, 2005
author : chrisandniki
A Navy Seals program modified specifically for triathletes. Heavy on the running, swimming, push/pull-ups and sit-ups, will you find yourself man (or woman) enough to finish?