Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » John Salt Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-30 9:53 PM

User image

Subject: John Salt
I did my first Olympic at Wasaga Beach this past Saturday. The swim was pretty chopping but other than that, it was a great course. At the end of it, just past the finish line, there was John Salt shaking the hand of all the competitors as they passed. It made the experience just that much better. I am sure that there are others who have spent a lot of time and effort promoting and supporting triathlons but I have really appreciated John's effort, positive attitude and dedication to the sport. Thanks a lot, John. It means a lot to us who enjoy and participate in these events.

2015-09-01 5:51 PM
in reply to: b2run

Veteran
London, Ontario
Subject: RE: John Salt
I am not sure what to say other than, thank you! My vision of the series 15 years ago was one where people of all abilities, from pro to first timers, would feel welcome. While I realize there is an appreciation for being there at the finish line, I can assure you that the entire team is focused on the customer/athlete experience. I have the easy part of being a cheerleader of sorts and the pleasure of interacting with all of you. The team behind me are just as dedicated and positive. Without that team I would be standing at a barren finish line.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this. It is humbling.
2015-09-02 7:47 AM
in reply to: b2run

User image

Oakville

I couldn't agree more.  I've done over 20 MSC races over the past few years and every experience has been extremely positive.

You really get the sense that they care about the athletes.

Looking forward to my first Olympic Tri at Lakeside on Sept 13th.

2015-09-04 7:27 AM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Elite
Ontario

X3 - I've enjoyed (and suffered through) all the races I've done with the MSC series.  Thank you for the efforts of you and your team John.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » John Salt Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 27, 2011
author : Mark Sunderland
comments : 0
The no-excuses guide to riding outdoors in snow, wind, ice and darkness. Bring it on!

date : May 25, 2009
author : mrakes1
Do you consume too much salt in your diet? What are the ramifications for the endurance athlete?
date : September 25, 2007
author : mrakes1
Are you a heavy sweater? Do you finish a race covered in white-streaks? Do you cramp during a race? Than this article is for you.

date : June 6, 2006
author : DominiqueL
The Elite wetsuit was redesigned four times before going to the market in order to maximize its benefits. Does all this speed come at the expense of comfort? I had to find out.
date : June 14, 2005
author : infosteward
The best hydration formula includes a mixture of salt and a variety of carbohydrates, amino acids are good to decrease muscle soreness but not necessary to increase performance.

date : May 16, 2005
author : Nancy Clark
Perhaps you, too, have wondered about the role of salt, or more correctly, sodium (the part of salt associated with high blood pressure) in your diet. This article can help you figure that out.
date : April 9, 2005
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I am training for my first IM and lately I have been getting cramps in my calves. I am a heavy salt sweater and I was wondering if that has anything to do with it?

date : August 28, 2004
author : BrianPBN
Not one menu is a perfect fit for all athletes, but there are some general rules that everyone can use as a guide during the final 24 hours leading into your race.