General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Shoes = Sore Foot? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-09-08 7:03 PM

User image

Newport, North Carolina
Subject: New Shoes = Sore Foot?
Recently retired an old pair of Nike Free 3.0 Trainers and at the suggestion of the local running store bought a pair of Brooks Cadence 4. The shoes felt great in the store and I have zero issues with them on my right foot (substantial ankle brace). But my left foot is sore after only running 2 miles tonight. Is this because the Brooks have more support than the Frees? If so would the Brooks Flow be a better choice?

2015-09-08 8:05 PM
in reply to: #5139458

User image

Denver, Colorado
Subject: RE: New Shoes = Sore Foot?
I usually give my new shoes few runs before they adjust (they = the shoes and the feet). I was in pain for 3 days after new inserts, and once my feet got comfortable with them, running is heaven. Give it another try and see how it goes (or runs).
Did they evaluate your running when you bought them? That's what I always do when I buy new shoes.
I truly hope it's just a matter of time and adjustment. Good luck and keep us posted!
Mary
2015-09-09 3:59 AM
in reply to: #5139461

User image

Newport, North Carolina
Subject: RE: New Shoes = Sore Foot?
That's what I am hoping for and luckily the local store has a two week run in them policy.

I didn't do a traditional run on the treadmill and get filmed type of thing but took my old shoes in and based on based on tread wear and how the shoe sat without my foot in it, he fully explained the reasoning behind his suggestion of having a little stabilization. But said I would be fine either way (neutral or small stability).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Shoes = Sore Foot? Rss Feed